Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: King's Court/Possession Mirror Matchup - Nomination for Stupidest Game Ever  (Read 690 times)

Saposhiente

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
+3

In this game, NoMoreFun and I, after a brief buildup with Governor, grab Possession so that we can play Governor for +3 cards and then also use the +1 card for opponent, and then we can start King's Courting it. Very quickly, both of us are taking more Possession turns than normal turns. Improving your deck would help your opponent more than you. We buy cards that don't help the opponent while they are possessing you, which in this case is... more Possessions. Then we rush Duchies and Estates (making your deck worse is a good thing) when not buying provinces, and the game slogs and slogs. During my early 7x Possession (before we had ruined our decks), I fail to think of using his Governor remodel to remodel my KCs into Provinces (while of course at the same time remodeling his Gold into a Province) and then lose 42-41, after having 3 Possessions be $1 shy of buying either the last Province or the last two Duchies.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 02:06:34 pm by Saposhiente »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.