Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Trinkets - Replacements for Starting Copper  (Read 6672 times)

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2131
    • View Profile
Re: Trinkets - Replacements for Starting Copper
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2013, 05:50:24 am »

Key to the City
Treasure/Trinket - $0
Worth $1, +$1 for each empty supply pile.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2013, 10:31:45 pm »

Toy Factory
Action-Trinket
+1 Action
Trash this card. Gain a card costing up to $2 that is not an Action card, putting it into your hand.

I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2013, 11:24:59 pm »

Toy Moneylender
Treasure-Trinket, $1
You may trash a trinket from your hand.  If you do, +$1.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2013, 08:46:29 am »

Toy Factory
Action-Trinket
+1 Action
Trash this card. Gain a card costing up to $2 that is not an Action card, putting it into your hand.

Nice with Fool's Gold, but rather indistinguishable from Copper otherwise.  Maybe decent with a Highway or Bridge open.
Well you *do* need a signature...

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2013, 11:43:17 am »

The thing is that some cards refer directly to Copper, though, and because there's a when-trash benefit, I want it to be able to be trashed by Moneylender.

And then when someone plays Mountebank, can I choose to gain one of these (and then fail to do so because they aren't in the supply)? Although I see what you're going for, I simply don't think you can create a new card with the same name as an existing one... just too many potential issues.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2013, 12:13:43 pm »

Toy Factory
Action-Trinket
+1 Action

Nice with Fool's Gold, but rather indistinguishable from Copper otherwise.  Maybe decent with a Highway or Bridge open.
Maybe no trashing. So using it for copper when you need it. Maybe remove not an action clause also?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2013, 12:16:42 pm »

The thing is that some cards refer directly to Copper, though, and because there's a when-trash benefit, I want it to be able to be trashed by Moneylender.

And then when someone plays Mountebank, can I choose to gain one of these (and then fail to do so because they aren't in the supply)? Although I see what you're going for, I simply don't think you can create a new card with the same name as an existing one... just too many potential issues.

It's the same issue as when one of your Shelters gets Swindled and Poor House is in the supply; your opponent has to give you a Poor House because he has to choose a card in the supply with Cost 1 to give you. Likewise with Mountebank, you have to gain a copper from the supply, so you look at the supply for any cards with the name or type "Copper", and your only option is the basic Treasure costing $0. If a card existed in the supply with the Name or Type "Copper" that wasn't the one we know and love, you could choose to gain that instead. However these Trinkets are not in the supply.

The solution I'm going to go personally go with for these interactions (in lieu of any other ideas) is to give all trinkets the type "Copper". So, for example, Trinket Box will be Treasure-Victory-Copper, and give you "1VP for every 2 Cards with the Copper type".

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2013, 12:40:19 pm »

You could almost make a "Degenerate Trinkets" kingdom with Menagerie, Horn of Plenty, Fairgrounds and Forager.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2013, 02:44:16 pm »

You could almost make a "Degenerate Trinkets" kingdom with Menagerie, Horn of Plenty, Fairgrounds and Forager.

Oh man, those cards are probably another reason it would be better to replace only 2-3 coppers. The possibility of starting with 10 unique cards and no duplicates is just too good for them, wow.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2013, 03:02:47 pm »

It's difficult to make this interesting and still have it work. I liked the VP-approach, it'll reward you for keeping all your starting coppers...

Trinket
1$
--------
1VP
--------
When you are meant to put this back in the supply, put it in the trash pile instead. On any other occasion during the game, treat this as if it was copper.
(This is not in the supply)
Cost 0$
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 1.467 seconds with 21 queries.