Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Alchemy on Goko  (Read 30009 times)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
Re: Alchemy on Goko
« Reply #100 on: February 19, 2013, 02:42:07 pm »
+1

Well that's a ton of help (not to mention, gratitude) to people like me who have been buying all of the packs individually, as soon as they come out, from the very beginning. 

People who buy things individually as soon as they come out pretty much always get screwed... You bought each season of some TV show on DVD as it was released? Well, now that the entire series is on DVD, you can get the entire series set for far less than the total you paid for all the individual seasons. This seems pretty much the same to me.

Not to mention that you get things for cheaper when they aren't as new. Don't want to pay $25 for that new movie that was just released on Blu-Ray? Then wait a few months and get it for $10.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 19, 2013, 02:42:30 pm »
+1

And purchase of the Super pack 1 qualifies for the in-game ad removal in Dominion.

What is this in game ad business? I haven't purchased anything yet (but I am contemplating it), and I haven't seen any ads.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 19, 2013, 02:47:39 pm »

It's not unprecedented.  For example, Hulu Plus (the for-pay version of Hulu) still shows ads, and those ads are way more intrusive since they interrupt the viewing experience.

Almost all cable television channels have commercials, even though you have to pay to have those channels.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #103 on: February 19, 2013, 02:54:42 pm »
+1

Not saying it isn't legal, and I'm not saying everybody should hate it, but this is news to *me* and it's a showstopper to *me*.

My Dominion itch is being fully scratched (there's something for the out-of-context thread) by playing IRL (as denoted by the recent trend of my iso level) and whilst it would be a shame to give up on online Dominion, ads are something I'm just not willing to put up with for a product I pay for. I watch all of my TV shows on DVR, I'm a loser and I don't buy movies pretty much ever, and when I'm driving, my eyes are firmly affixed to the road. That's just how I roll.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 19, 2013, 03:10:11 pm »

In one of the Q&A's, they said buying a single 40 Gokoin expansion is enough for ad removal.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 19, 2013, 03:14:41 pm »
+1

In one of the Q&A's, they said buying a single 40 Gokoin expansion is enough for ad removal.

I feel better already.
A man has no signature

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 19, 2013, 03:36:36 pm »

Cheapest seems to be:
Intrigue, Seaside and Prosperity at 70 each = 210,
Hinterlands, Alchemy and Cornucopia in Super Pack 2 at 140
DA at 110
Total 460.

And 2x230 gokoins for $40 means no Gokoins left over.

Thanks for pointing this out. I just made this purchase.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25715
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2013, 03:25:42 am »

That is my understanding.

SharpWave

• Swindler
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2013, 06:49:19 pm »

Seriously, what's the hold up with making Alchemy available for individual purchase?  Seems like a "flick of the switch" kind of thing, and given that I already own all the other sets it makes no sense for me to buy a supermegapack or whatever Goko's calling it.

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2013, 09:31:00 pm »

From what I've seen in beta, the bots don't know how to play with potions yet. There are a few bugs too.

Insomniac

• Jester
  • Respect: +392
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 24, 2013, 12:24:20 pm »

Seems its available to everyone now as I was able to purchase it.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 26, 2013, 10:07:17 am »

That is my understanding.

Any chance we can get confirmation on that?  I currently have all the sets, and am still getting plenty of ads to buy... things I already have.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

loppo

• 2014 Austrian Champion
  • Respect: +194
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 26, 2013, 10:36:10 am »

the only "ad" (as you see it) that you will get is on the home screen, where they put the "news" (how goko sees it) about the game. And you will see the home screen usually only 1-2times per session. I have never seen any other form of ads on the whole site. What other kind of ads do you get?

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 26, 2013, 10:45:57 am »

the only "ad" (as you see it) that you will get is on the home screen, where they put the "news" (how goko sees it) about the game. And you will see the home screen usually only 1-2times per session. I have never seen any other form of ads on the whole site. What other kind of ads do you get?

Yeah, but that's not... "news."  And sometimes similar things will show up after a game.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Insomniac

• Jester
  • Respect: +392
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 26, 2013, 11:27:21 am »

Yeah, but that's not... "news."  And sometimes similar things will show up after a game.

Thats not ad's either, the ads are something you have to watch before you play a game.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25715
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 26, 2013, 12:17:13 pm »
+3

Any chance we can get confirmation on that?  I currently have all the sets, and am still getting plenty of ads to buy... things I already have.
I was referring to ads that I haven't actually seen, since I haven't played without having something, that I am told appear in some circumstances. Other people can tell you about them or you can try playing as a guest to see them. The uh banner ad that shows up after a game or on the main menu, I see those. I have told them that it's silly to have an ad for something the person already bought.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 26, 2013, 12:40:25 pm »

Yes, the "ads" that people refer to are videos that play before a match loads. The little boxes telling you which expansions are available are unobtrusive enough to me that they barely register.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 26, 2013, 03:31:34 pm »

Yes, the "ads" that people refer to are videos that play before a match loads. The little boxes telling you which expansions are available are unobtrusive enough to me that they barely register.

Huh, yeah, I had never experienced those videos.  Other ads, though... they've designed them to be deliberately annoying, what with the movement.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2984
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 26, 2013, 03:45:21 pm »

I never get any of those adds and haven't bought anything.

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 26, 2013, 03:55:53 pm »

I never get any of those adds and haven't bought anything.

but you have played on Goko?

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2984
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 26, 2013, 04:14:42 pm »

yeah, quite a bit.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 26, 2013, 05:29:33 pm »

Huh, yeah, I had never experienced those videos.  Other ads, though... they've designed them to be deliberately annoying, what with the movement.

Movement? I don't think I'm familiar with those.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 1.367 seconds with 20 queries.