Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Paypal...  (Read 2496 times)

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9414
    • View Profile
Paypal...
« on: February 25, 2013, 12:49:26 am »

So, now, this is interesting... I seem to be unable to use PayPal without signing into an account.  Since I don't use or want a PayPal account, nor am I going to give another party ("Ultimate Play"?  Who the hell is that?) my CC info... this is odd.

I've never had trouble using my CC directly in other stores.  Anyone else having this problem?

Edit: Posted at getsatisfaction as well.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 12:56:29 am by Kirian »
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
Re: Paypal...
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 02:34:29 am »

So, now, this is interesting... I seem to be unable to use PayPal without signing into an account.  Since I don't use or want a PayPal account, nor am I going to give another party ("Ultimate Play"?  Who the hell is that?) my CC info... this is odd.

I've never had trouble using my CC directly in other stores.  Anyone else having this problem?

I believe you can do a one time payment with CC on Paypal sites. I have Paypal though and that is how I paid through Goko.

timchen

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: allfail
  • Respect: +235
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 02:34:54 am »

Just curious, but why don't use paypal? As far as I am concerned it is just a place where you can safer give your CC card info to.

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 02:44:32 am »

Just curious, but why don't use paypal? As far as I am concerned it is just a place where you can safer give your CC card info to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PayPal#Criticism among others

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 02:51:17 am »

I just checked out the store. I was able to get the PayPal CC screen come up by pressing the text below the Paypal symbol.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 03:41:15 am »

I just checked out the store. I was able to get the PayPal CC screen come up by pressing the text below the Paypal symbol.

Yes, but that option is "Pay and Create an Account," not just "Pay."

In reality, I do have an account.  I haven't used it in a decade, though.  The password is munged up and the security questions aren't responding to the correct answers.  Any time I try resetting the password I end up going in circles.  Meanwhile, I can't create a new account with the same CC info!  So... I don't use an account.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 03:42:54 am »

No. I was able to get the pay only screen.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 03:44:33 am »

OK now that is really weird.  Where are you clicking?  Are you on Chrome?

Edit:  OK, was finally able to unlock the account.  You know how they say "when you have to pick from security questions, don't necessarily give the "correct" answers, because they can be looked up."  Yeah, I apparently used my grandmother's first name instead of maiden name.

And now that I'm in... I can't use it, because the CC is already attached to my wife's account!  That, at least, is Paypal's fault.  And I think that may also be part of the reason I haven't been using it lately.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 03:52:27 am by Kirian »

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 03:45:56 am »

OK now that is really weird.  Where are you clicking?  Are you on Chrome?

Yes. I am on Chrome. I clicked on the text below the Paypal button. I think it says something like the "safer way to pay." Then, it takes you to the Paypal menu and then you can choose to pay by credit card only. If I do it again, I can try and take you step by step.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 03:49:17 am »

Okay, so I am on the buy menu. Actually, never mind, I think you might be right, and that it might not allow you to use your CC. My bad. Yah. That is really weird it is setup that way.

My guess is that Playspan set it up that way so that they could charge the CC company a fee and get that money wheras Paypal would charge the fee and get the money instead.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 03:51:38 am by Beyond Awesome »

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 03:53:11 am »

Anyway... WTF it's almost four in the morning, why am I still awake?  That might be the Ambien talking.  Gnight all.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.732 seconds with 21 queries.