Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19  All

Author Topic: So Pokemon X and Y.  (Read 118737 times)

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
Re: So Pokemon X and Y.
« Reply #225 on: October 06, 2014, 10:48:30 pm »

What's the shipping though?

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 10, 2014, 11:29:43 am »
+2

Mega Beedrill and Mega Pidgeot revealed, along with Mega Latias and Mega Latios. I thought it was a hoax when hackers found Mega Latias and Mega Latios and they looked exactly the same, but apparently that's really how they look.

I'm pretty psyched about Mega Beedrill and Mega Pidgeot, though; two Pokemon that actually really needed a boost. Mega Beedrill has Attack and Speed boosts (as you might expect) and its ability is Adaptability, which I guess is decent. Pin Missile is actually quite powerful now and Poison Jab is usable. Thinking about it, it's probably better than Skill Link would have been, although Beedrill might need a bigger boost, like Huge Power, to be worth it.

Mega Pidgeot has No Guard and seems like it'll have a SpAtk boost. As a special attacker with a no-miss Hurricane, it's finally differentiating itself from Fearow, Dodrio, Staraptor, Unfezant, etc.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 10, 2014, 05:44:19 pm »

I am a little sad that Pidgeot's glorious SS3 hair gets shorter in mega form.

Is a fully accurate Hurricane enough to make No Guard a good ability?  Pidgeot doesn't really have any other powerful, low accuracy moves right now.  Its movepool is pretty shallow in general.  Not sure what they could give it that would make sense.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1966
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 10, 2014, 05:52:23 pm »

Is a fully accurate Hurricane enough to make No Guard a good ability?  Pidgeot doesn't really have any other powerful, low accuracy moves right now.  Its movepool is pretty shallow in general.  Not sure what they could give it that would make sense.
He's not red with black hair? :(
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 10, 2014, 09:04:20 pm »
+1

Well, they could give it Blizzard or Focus Blast without it being too weird. Maybe Supersonic. If these games have move tutors, perhaps it'll have Heat Wave again.

EDIT:

Except for that one plume that's longer than its wingspan. That's kind of cool.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 11:35:21 pm by LastFootnote »

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 11, 2014, 12:38:31 am »

Well, they could give it Blizzard or Focus Blast without it being too weird. Maybe Supersonic. If these games have move tutors, perhaps it'll have Heat Wave again.

EDIT:

Except for that one plume that's longer than its wingspan. That's kind of cool.

Oops, did not notice that long strand.  That is cool.

They could give Pidgeot Sing and it would still make sense.  But never-miss sleep is probably too powerful.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1084
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 14, 2014, 01:17:13 am »
+1

Just ordered Pokemon Black. What should I expect?
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 14, 2014, 01:38:12 am »
+3

All brand new pokemon, at least until the post-game (after you beat the Elite Four).  Most generations included pokemon from previous generations but Black/White were intended to make it feel like a new adventure or something.  You'll see some analogs for pokemon from gen I.  Some of the names of gen V pokemon are really groan-worthy, which may be a positive or negative depending on your view.

Of all the generations, gen V had my least favourite set of starters.  But the storyline is somewhat interesting.  There are some really neat pokemon designs too:

- the Chandelure line is one of my favourite designs with an awesome Ghost/Fire typing
- Ferrothorn was an instant hit for me because I had been wishing for a Grass/Steel pokemon
- Volcarona looks amazing.
- Excadrill is cool.
- Golurk is hilarious because it can use Fly.  It's Ground/Ghost and the only justification I can think of is that it looks like a gundam.
- Jellicent is great because the male version looks like the Pringles mascot.

I still recommend Heart Gold or Soul Silver above the others right now.  Maybe Diamond/Pearl/Platinum simply because they have my favourite set of starters from any generation so far.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 01:39:20 am by eHalcyon »

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 14, 2014, 01:19:36 pm »
+1

Mega Steelix and Mega Glalie confirmed. At least one Pokémon on my Hoenn dex wishlist gets a Mega Evolution (Glalie). Mega Steelix has Sand Force. Mega Glalie has Refrigerate. That's right, suckers! Boosted, Ice-type Explosion has arrived!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 01:21:12 pm by LastFootnote »

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 14, 2014, 07:10:21 pm »
+1

Mega Steelix and Mega Glalie confirmed. At least one Pokémon on my Hoenn dex wishlist gets a Mega Evolution (Glalie). Mega Steelix has Sand Force. Mega Glalie has Refrigerate. That's right, suckers! Boosted, Ice-type Explosion has arrived!

I am OK with those designs.  Glalie looks creepier than ever. :P

Apparently US and Canada demo codes will be sent via Trainer Club newsletter on Oct 21, so look forward to that...

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 14, 2014, 07:31:31 pm »

Apparently US and Canada demo codes will be sent via Trainer Club newsletter on Oct 21, so look forward to that...

Yeah, I can't decide whether or not to get the demo. The game comes out soon and I'll probably still be playing Legend of Grimrock 2. Though obviously I could play the demo on the train. Decisions…

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 14, 2014, 07:47:01 pm »

Yeah, I can't decide whether or not to get the demo. The game comes out soon and I'll probably still be playing Legend of Grimrock 2. Though obviously I could play the demo on the train. Decisions…

There was that hint that something special happens if you play it every day.  It probably won't be very impressive, but still....

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 15, 2014, 09:13:22 am »

If anyone have a UK demo code or two over, I'd be interested. ;)

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 22, 2014, 03:11:03 am »

serebii says UK should also get codes sent through email?

I got mine yesterday.  Played through it once, will pace myself.  Still undecided about which starter to get in the actual game.

Do you all plan on getting Ruby or Sapphire?  I'm leaning towards Ruby for Groudon, though I think I like the Team Aqua personalities more.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 22, 2014, 10:55:47 am »
+1

Update for those who care:

I've been steadily playing Black and it rocks. I was hanging out with a friend yesterday and he decided he didn't neef his DS games anymore so he gave me Soulsilver (with case), Platinum, Spirit Tracks (with case), and the case for Black which he would've given me had I inquired earlier. So anyway, I'll be in my apartment if you need me, see you in a few months!

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: October 22, 2014, 11:19:34 am »

serebii says UK should also get codes sent through email?

I got mine yesterday.  Played through it once, will pace myself.  Still undecided about which starter to get in the actual game.

Do you all plan on getting Ruby or Sapphire?  I'm leaning towards Ruby for Groudon, though I think I like the Team Aqua personalities more.

I preordered Sapphire. Don't know why I picked it over Ruby. Never played the 3rd gen original series, so I just picked Sapphire on a whim.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 22, 2014, 11:42:44 am »

I played Ruby back in the day. I guess I'll probably play it again? I usually make these decisions based on which Pokémon are exclusive to each game, although that information is less likely to be immediately available now that the games have simultaneous global releases.

In 5th gen, I got White and White2 over Black and Black2 because the White games emphasized Triple Battles (and I'm way into Double Battles), as opposed to the Black games' emphasis on Rotation Battles.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 22, 2014, 01:56:20 pm »

I usually get the game with the less cool legendary. Since those games tend to have the most fun version exclusive monsters. I have a couple of friends who also play, so it won't really matter much.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 22, 2014, 05:30:38 pm »

Update for those who care:

I've been steadily playing Black and it rocks. I was hanging out with a friend yesterday and he decided he didn't neef his DS games anymore so he gave me Soulsilver (with case), Platinum, Spirit Tracks (with case), and the case for Black which he would've given me had I inquired earlier. So anyway, I'll be in my apartment if you need me, see you in a few months!

When you're done, tell us which you liked best.  If you're not too far into Black, it might be fun to switch to Soul Silver first, then Platinum, then back to Black to get them in generational order (minus gen 3).

I usually get the game with the less cool legendary. Since those games tend to have the most fun version exclusive monsters. I have a couple of friends who also play, so it won't really matter much.

That's so subjective though!

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 22, 2014, 06:39:01 pm »

Yeah I'm halfway through Black but my friend was telling me to do Soulsilver too so why not?

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 22, 2014, 06:55:49 pm »

Yeah I'm halfway through Black but my friend was telling me to do Soulsilver too so why not?

I heard Soulsilver is really good. For me, it brings the nostalgia of Pokemon Stadium 2. It's hard to find where I am though, and they discontinued DS internet network. If you have a second DS, you can trade to Pokemon Black, and from there use PokeBank to bring it over from Black to X.

I also want to play Pokemon Black that I bought. I just want to finish X first. Smash Bros. is getting in the way.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 06:57:07 pm by markusin »

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 23, 2014, 07:18:40 pm »

Stuck at the Azalea gym in Soulsilver. There's no available fire pokemon to take down the Scyther and I've already beat every trainer so I have to fight lvl. 6 Zubats for hours on end to train my Hoothoot. So boring.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3839
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 23, 2014, 07:24:47 pm »

Stuck at the Azalea gym in Soulsilver. There's no available fire pokemon to take down the Scyther and I've already beat every trainer so I have to fight lvl. 6 Zubats for hours on end to train my Hoothoot. So boring.

That one is a classic place to be stuck. Any rock pokemon around? I don't remember very well.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 23, 2014, 07:29:42 pm »

That one is a classic place to be stuck. Any rock pokemon around? I don't remember very well.

I've got an Onix but it gets beat up. Bug> Rock right?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3839
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 23, 2014, 07:33:15 pm »
+3

Uh, no. Rock>Bug, and Rock>Flying, and Scyther only has physical attacks, so it should be a pretty easy matchup as long as your Onyx isn't way lower level compared to that Scyther.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 22 queries.