Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Chapel Lemonade or A Weak Board for Governor  (Read 1048 times)

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4387
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
Chapel Lemonade or A Weak Board for Governor
« on: January 05, 2013, 06:04:57 pm »
+2

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201301/03/game-20130103-152158-89e785b6.html

cards in supply: Chapel, Coppersmith, Governor, Hamlet, Native Village, Nobles, Quarry, Saboteur, Silk Road, and Talisman

The plan was to chapel down, get a quarry, maybe two, a hamlet or two, plow through the nobes as much as possible, and then figure out where I stood to get to provinces, But my chapel hits on: turn 4 with 3 coppers and a quarry; turn 6 with 3 coppers and a quarry; turn 8 with a silver, a quarry, an estate, and a hamlet that draws another quarry (I buy two nobles here). By this point, I decide, eh, I need something to discard to the hamlets anyway, and the estates are going to help silk roads later. So I kept them. Meanwhile, my opponent goes mass governor, but... the silvers really help my economy (well, basically they ARE my economy, as I'm getting lots of actions), and later on the draw->remodel just gives me lots of points, as I can go quarry->duchy and more important, silver-> estate. I end up with a deck that can't buy a province immediately and would LOVE crossroads, but anyway is clearly in a dominating position when he ends it - a few more green cards and he has next to no chance of getting enough (as he'd need almost EVERYTHING else), and in order to get the points he'd need, he would have to give me more benefits anyway.

zahlman

• Minion
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
Re: Chapel Lemonade or A Weak Board for Governor
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 06:01:57 am »
+1

and later on the draw->remodel just gives me lots of points, as I can go quarry->duchy and more important, silver-> estate.

ITYM Silver->SR? But yeah, nice to see a non-ridiculous board where Governor/Chapel isn't dominant...

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4387
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
Re: Chapel Lemonade or A Weak Board for Governor
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 08:04:44 am »

and later on the draw->remodel just gives me lots of points, as I can go quarry->duchy and more important, silver-> estate.

ITYM Silver->SR? But yeah, nice to see a non-ridiculous board where Governor/Chapel isn't dominant...
Yes.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.397 seconds with 21 queries.