Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 125  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 7)  (Read 270684 times)

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1900 on: January 29, 2013, 11:18:06 am »

Wow this thread is dead.

I have some requests. First, Robz, could I have a more concrete reason why you have a strong townread on ashersky besides "he just crazy like that?" Because I think his day two was scummy as hell. He was jumping all over the place trying to get anyone but himself lynched. I provided quotes in my post yesterday demonstrating that he literally cast suspicion on half the town.

Second, if someone has an actual case on me, could that person please state it so that I can try and defend myself? Because so far it looks to me like you're all trying to lynch me because you don't have a better option, and I don't except that premise. Ashersky is a better option. So is liopoil, who a lot of you were ready to lynch yesterday. What's changed?

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: January 29, 2013, 11:25:18 am »

I agree with everything glooble just said, I would appreciate the glooble case laid out as I must have missed it somewhere, I honesty have no clue what it is. Also as the day has gone on liopoil is looking like a better lynch than ash to me but yes I do still and have had a scum read on ash.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: January 29, 2013, 11:53:44 am »

Wow this thread is dead.

I have some requests. First, Robz, could I have a more concrete reason why you have a strong townread on ashersky besides "he just crazy like that?" Because I think his day two was scummy as hell. He was jumping all over the place trying to get anyone but himself lynched. I provided quotes in my post yesterday demonstrating that he literally cast suspicion on half the town.

I think he's played way to dangerously to be scum. He has been so over-the-top, he has drummed up insane suspicion on himself. I have been convinced of his towniness since the Cuzz lynch. I don't think scum can afford to push that lynch through so hard. I would just expect more rational, subtle play from scum Ashersky.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: January 29, 2013, 01:26:10 pm »

Wow this thread is dead.

I think he's played way to dangerously to be scum. He has been so over-the-top, he has drummed up insane suspicion on himself. I have been convinced of his towniness since the Cuzz lynch. I don't think scum can afford to push that lynch through so hard. I would just expect more rational, subtle play from scum Ashersky.
I don't understand this.  shraeye pushed the case on Cuzz.  ashersky's contribution was more along the lines of Galzria's, he claimed a scum-read on Cuzz, and happened to have his vote there.  Shraeye pushed for it.  Munch pushed for it to end the day.  Cuzz kind of hung around and tried to help get everything tidied up at the end of the day.

I mean I could see you saying ashersky is town because of how he jumped all over the place instead of sticking his vote on Cuzz.  Or how he kept saying raerae is scummy, and she was NKed.  Or because of how he tried to help the lynch go.  I don't think you can claim a town-read for how hard he pushed Cuzz' lynch while claiming a scum-read on shraeye yesterday for essentially the same thing.

Do you have a better reason?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: January 29, 2013, 04:44:19 pm »

Wow this thread is dead.

Second, if someone has an actual case on me, could that person please state it so that I can try and defend myself? Because so far it looks to me like you're all trying to lynch me because you don't have a better option, and I don't except that premise. Ashersky is a better option. So is liopoil, who a lot of you were ready to lynch yesterday. What's changed?

My vote is a carry over from yesterday, where I presented the following case

which at the time I felt was trumped by my read on mcmc, however as I have mentioned Robz reveal about mcmc made that option not as viable so I turned to you. This might be what you are meaning as trying to lynch you because there isn't a better option... If so then this is silly. My top scum reads were you and mcmc, Robz presented a valid reason to not lynch mcmc for now, however, no one has presented a valid reason for you.

But you say that my quote was from yesterday, shouldn't my reads have changed? Yes, they should have and they have. They have made you look more scummy. the wagon analysis I did in this post:
for example.

But to summarize these posts quickly so you actually have something to respond to...

1. lurking (by itself not much, but added together with the rest) so I feel it is more scummy lurking than just lurking by itself
2. a defense of eevee that to me felt ingenuous. I'll try to put together an idea of what I mean by that in a later post.
3. participation on the Cuzz wagon
4. potential relationship with Galz. this post in particular stood out to me.
Although I used this argument on Eevee at the end and it didn't work, so I am trying to be cautious with it.
5. the above post that I am responding to. "You're all trying to lynch me because you don't have a better option"... only ash and I are voting for you at the moment. There are quite a few people who have expressed solid town reads on you--I don't know how, but they do--but this seems like scum being so focused on being suspected that it becomes exaggerated.
6. one of only three players on only 1 of the major wagons that have been created throughout the game. Like I said in the wagon analysis I think it highly likely that at least one of you three is scum.

Combine that with townier reads on both ash and lio and it appears you are the choice target. But remember it just isn't that the other options aren't good. It is that I think you are a good option as well.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: January 29, 2013, 04:46:35 pm »

Still would lynch Ashersky but Vote: Robz.  I have very particular people I'm interested in whether or not they will jump on this case.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: January 29, 2013, 05:54:07 pm »

Wow this thread is dead.

Classic deflection in response to pressure.  Instead of responding to suspicion (a la yuma's posts), he tries to move interest to the "easy" mislynch.  Glooble's actions up to now, including the lurking and especially his interaction with conf!scum Galz makes me think he is surely the best lynch today.

Still would lynch Ashersky but Vote: Robz.  I have very particular people I'm interested in whether or not they will jump on this case.

I do think that all the strong town reads on Robz, including my own, are worrisome.  We're usually not all so in agreement (or right) about Robz.  I don't think he's the lynch today, though.  He's still townier than a number of other players, including me to some of you.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1907 on: January 29, 2013, 07:24:38 pm »

Wow this thread is dead.

Classic deflection in response to pressure.  Instead of responding to suspicion (a la yuma's posts), he tries to move interest to the "easy" mislynch.  Glooble's actions up to now, including the lurking and especially his interaction with conf!scum Galz makes me think he is surely the best lynch today.

You realize everything you said about my post could be said about this post, right?

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1908 on: January 29, 2013, 07:37:28 pm »

well my beef with glooble is as such:

1. lurking, but didn't change lurking habits after receiving pressure, but pressure wasnt' there very long
2. has a lot of availability posts, but like I said... could be paranoid scum or just a nice guy... has glooble done this in the past, tell us his availability a lot, I haven't played much with him.
3. was on the Cuzz wagon, and heavily agreed with shraeye and defended some of shraeye's points (this isn't necessarily scummy, but I disagreed with the case and the defenses)
4. his post about Galz/shraeye in light of the cuzz flip and the fact that he still has a town read on shraeye despite that.

And I can't remember again what Galz had to say about him... Galz said he would be willing to lynch him, but didn't really have a scum read.

So at this point I have a scummier read on mcmc than on Glooble. All of my thoughts on Glooble seem to have a this was scummy, but.... attached onto it.

1. I lurk in every game. I'm not defending my behavior, but its not good evidence for me being scum.

2. I tell you my availability so I don't get jumped on if I disappear for a day or two. Again, this is indicitive of my real life and has little to know bearing on my alignment.

3. This is true of everyone on the Cuzz wagon, including shraeye himself, who ended up being town. Weak argument.

4. I had a townread on shraeye. Shraeye ended up being town. Why is this still an issue?

Well, I will have to think more about that.... But beyond that I think there is likely scum 1. within the Cuzz wagon (Glooble, ash, Robz, TheMunch, lio); and 2. people on only 1 wagon (mcmc, theorel, Glooble), although here theorel could be considered to be on the 1shraeye wagon and being willing to hammer eevee. and look at that Glooble is on both.

I also find Jimmm and theorel (with the same caveat as above)  a bit suspicious for not being on either lynch wagon--he was only on the shraeye wagon twice--kinda reminds me of me playing scum in MXIV...

Why do you think it likely that scum was only on one wagon? But, that aside, I wasn't on the Eevee wagon because it pretty much started and ended while I was offline. I didn't have a chance to be on it or not be on it, so that also tells us nothing about my alignment.

just found this quote from Glooble:

I have fairly strong townreads on Galz and shraeye at the moment (and obviously myself.) Of course, if you (this is refering to Cuzz) flip town, I will be suspicious of them. But first we need to see a flip."

after Cuzz was lynched, but before thread lock and flip...

This is interesting. (because I am more interested in finding Galz's partner, I am paying more attention to the galz part of this, but the fact that Glooble included shraeye in this is interesting)

1. Assuming here that Glooble is scum and on the scum team with Galz.
2. Neither Glooble nor Galz would know what the alignment of Cuzz was--he very well could have been opposing scum.
3. Glooble expresses a town read on Galz if Cuzz flips scum, but a potential scum read on Galz if Cuzz flips scum.
4. This is a win/win for Glooble!partner with Galz. Because if Cuzz is scum, he can now safely have a town read on his partner that won't be especially scrutinized. But if Cuzz is town, he can start a bussread on his partner, again w/o much scrutiny...

So I guess the question is this: would scum!Glooble express a strong town read on his partner? Now I guess he is actually expressing more of a scum read than a town read. Because from scum!Glooble's perspective, Cuzz was more likely to flip town--as scum!Glooble would know that Cuzz wasn't on a scum team with him, so even though he didn't know Cuzz's alignment, he suspected that Cuzz was perhaps more likely to flip town, so his read while potentially strong town was actually more setup to be a scum read...

I think Galzparner!Glooble could write something like this.

Wait, what? this isn't even an argument. I didn't say I "would have a scum read" on anyone - I said I would be slightly more suspicious. And I was. Just not suspicious enough to be willing to lynch shraeye. I don't see the contradiction.

He/ Him

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: January 29, 2013, 07:43:30 pm »

Wow this thread is dead.

You realize everything you said about my post could be said about this post, right?

Disagree.  Your post doesn't accuse me of anything, just asks for a better explanation of other folks' town read on me.  Then you say "hey, there's no case on me, you just think there's no better option."  So no, different posts.

PPE - looks like you responded to yuma.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: January 29, 2013, 10:36:33 pm »

I'll respond to your posts, but I am not super inclined to have a huge back and forth like Day1 saw as those tend to monopolize the discussion and really to me aren't very readable. But I do want to make sure you understand me and that I understand you.

1. Yes, lurking alone isn't enough. I agree, which if that were all, it wouldn't be enough.

2. This was resolved after you later explained your rationale for why you do it. I don't think it is scummy, I think it is polite and shouldn't be considered as part of my current case on you. Previously it was something that I found interesting during my reread of you and wanted to hear more from you about.

3. the Cuzz wagon isn't just the way that you participated, it was the way that you participated. You added little original thought to it. I know this isn't a super great argument because shraeye did put together a pretty large case that left little room for original thought. But it was as if you basically followed shraeye using him as a shield if things went wrong. This is in contrast to others such as ashersky and Robz who did add their own insights into the Cuzz case. I think this is exemplified by your post that I quoted that said you would find--and from this I read that you would expect others to find shraeye scummy if Cuzz turned up scum.

4. Again point 4 was from the point of view when shraeye was still alive and shraeye's alignment wasn't known. But again the issue is what I address in point 3 and will address below.

My thought process behind the one out of three being scum from the group that was only on one wagon is that I think scum often likes to not be on a lot of wagons. They kind of like to vote sparingly, try to stay out of the limelight, avoid wagons... At least in my experience at least one member of scum tends to do that... so you three kinda fit the bill. But you are correct that the eevee wagon started more or less while you were gone... I hadn't realized that. You did express a townread on him shortly before it started... so this analysis is a little more muddled (and I guess you weren't really online during the shraeye quick wagon day1 either...)

As for the last point... I know my quote is convuluted and isn't really clear, I was just thinking out loud. I will try to be more clear here.... What I am thinking behind that post really had more to do with Galz than with shraeye.

Here is the quote again for context:

I have fairly strong townreads on Galz and shraeye at the moment (and obviously myself.) Of course, if you flip town, I will be suspicious of them. But first we need to see a flip.

This was posted after the lynch, but before the flip and I find it an interesting post because if you posted it as scum partners with Galz it is a win/win scenario for you. If Cuzz flips scum, you are totally justified in having a town read on your partner Galz. However, if Cuzz flips town, you are then totally justified in having a scum read on your partner Galz, who is likely to come under some pressure Day2, for some easy, suspicion free, bussing. Again, this isn't so much evidence against you as it is me wanting to make sure that the person I am voting for has a viable chance of being partners with Galz--as I think analyzing him and his interactions with other players presents our best chance at finding scum at this point. I found this post of yours to be a viable post from scum!glooble who is partners with Galz.

And there was a typo in the post below, where it says you had a non-genuine defense of eevee, it should be a non-genuine defense of shraeye. This corresponds to point 3 above.

I understand that while you said you would be more suspicious of shraeye if Cuzz flipped town, that doesn't necessarily mean that you would read him as surefire scum afterward, but you dont' even seem to change your read on him. It was kind of like you picked in the early game which players you would have town reads on and stuck with them the rest of the game.

for example this line in particular stood out to me:
The fact is, I'm far from ready to lynch shraeye with the info we have now. It's like, it seems good on paper, but he just reads very town to me. But maybe part of that is that if I admit that his arguments for lynching Cuzz were manipulative, then I'm owning up to how easy I was to manipulate.
is talking more about yourself than shraeye.

I am also going to throw out one more thing I just noticed... the promises to do things, but not doing them. you were going to look at the shraeye, quick wagon, you were going to look at me, you were going to put together a "willing to lynch" list... and so on. I think that tends to be a scum trait. Because putting together that kind of work and reads and making them look real can be really difficult as scum.

That ended up being longer than I wanted, sorry. What do other people think. Does my case hold water? Am I just tunneling. I don't feel like I am.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: January 30, 2013, 07:19:09 am »

Okay, not really sure where to go with this game at this point, so I'll just put down some thoughts.

I think it's most likely that we have 3-5 scum in the game. I guess 6 is possible, but seems unlikely. That means with Galz gone, there are 2-4 scum in {ash, Robz, yuma, Glooble, liopoil, mcmc, theorel, Munch, Dsell}. I think Dsell is probably Town. I also think theorel is probably Town, although I'm less sure about that. I do think that Robz and mcmc are almost definitely on the same team, and at this stage I'm thinking Town. And Robz seems certain that ash is Town. Granted that's a lot of assumptions, but if I go with that then that leaves me with 2-4 scum in {yuma, Glooble, lio, Munch}. Of course, the answer to that is "It can't be that simple". I'm not really sure who from that list I think is scummy. I'll have to look closer at them. In terms of the other list, {ash, Robz, mcmc, theorel, Dsell}, even though I have reason to think each of them is Town, it seems unlikely that they're all Town.

Dsell: yeah he's lurked up a storm, and we do need more input from him. But man, I just don't know if I can see scum pulling off that first post of his, and then follow it up with lurking. I know it'd be good to have a better reason than that, but that's that.

theorel: seems Towny. Has been providing his normal analysis. I will need to have a closer look at him to see what I can find.

Robz/mcmc: I just think that Robz' claim is almost definitely him trying to save someone who he either thinks or knows is on the same team as him. Sure, I guess Robz could be scum and mcmc Town, but that just doesn't seem likely. So I think they're either scum/scum or Town/Town. I'm leaning Town/Town, mostly because I don't see scum Robz drawing that much attention to himself when he'd received so little suspicion prior to that.

ash: I guess I've had a slight Town read on ash for most of the game. The thing with raerae kind of seemed like Town on Town to me, and the way ash has responded to pressure has seemed vaguely Towny. Of course, he could be emotionally manipulating us, I don't know. Robz seems certain that ash is Town, and while they could conceivably be scumbuddies, that seems like it's probably a genuine read.

So I don't know where from these five we're most likely to find scum, but I do think that we're more likely to find scum in the other four, so I'll definitely need to look at them closer.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: January 30, 2013, 08:34:25 am »

I do think that Robz and mcmc are almost definitely on the same team, and at this stage I'm thinking Town. And Robz seems certain that ash is Town.

I don't know how you can be so sure about robz and mcmc being on the same team.... Did you not read my post outlining possible motives--and I think they were darn good ones--for scum!Robz to claim to have tracked, and to have actually tracked, mcmc? Or do you not think those motivations to be valid? You talk a bit about it being unlikely later in your post, but you don't talk about why it is so unlikely.

Now, again I am saying here that I dont' think Robz is the right lynch for today, but I do think that you and others are setting a dangerous precedence. For example your treatment of Robz's reads as confirmed town reads! That is not safe. Yes, both Robz and I have town reads on ash. But my town read on ash is wholly independent from Rob'z townread on ash. So should yours... and I see that you talk about him below a bit.

Treat players as confirmed townies only when they actually become confirmed townies.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: January 30, 2013, 08:45:10 am »

@yuma: that was a good clarification of the case on Glooble from my perspective.

I think to me the essential question is: was the shraeye read genuine or made up?

Because realistically, that's the difference between our positions...I agree with your other points, but I'm basically leaning town on him for his defense of shraeye, while you're leaning scum on him for essentially the same reason.  When I look at that "shraeye and Galz are towny but scummier if Cuzz flips town" thing, I agree that it can be read as an excuse to read Galz as townier if Cuzz flips scum.  BUT it reads as an excuse to read primarily shraeye (not Galz) as scummier if Cuzz does flip town.  I mean, sure it could be an excuse to bus, but let's face it scum isn't generally looking for an "excuse" to bus.  His claim that shraeye would look scummy but then NOT finding shraeye scummy seems like such a town thing to do, not a scum thing to do.  So, I come to the completely opposite conclusion: Glooble is townier because he stuck by that town-read when he could have gone to a scum-read if he was scum.

Now, maybe he thought that Galzria already flipped scum, so being suspicious of shraeye would be called out, and he figured that shraeye would be lynched anyways without his help, and so he cast suspicion on other players than shraeye/eevee at the end of yesterday.  Then he killed shraeye so that it would be apparent that shraeye was town and he could claim the town-cred on it, or just because shraeye suspected him.  That seems unlikely to me though.

So, I dunno there.

Then there's Robz.  Man that last post reads scum without a real reason for his town-read.  I dunno, his mcmc-clearing does suggest town, it's just not entirely compelling.  I'm worried that he's intertwined himself with 2 players intentionally as scum to make lylo tricky, even if we lynch him.

Okay, as mentioned earlier, I reread day1 Galzria and concluded that ash/yuma looked like his likeliest scumbuddies.  I'm finding it interesting that they've both struck out at Glooble as a likely scum-partner for Galzria.  Of course we have the fact that whoever Galzria's partner is he's been NKing other Cuzz-wagoners with raerae and then shraeye.  Now, if I discount Glooble as a likely scum-partner with Galzria for this, then I should do the same for ashersky.

yuma has seemed pretty town to me, I've only got any inkling of scumminess based on Galzria's posts day1.  I should reread his day1 and see if the interactions are mutual.

So, I dunno.  I'd rather lynch Robz now than at lylo, because lylo with Robz is always terrible (he's already laying the groundwork for his suspicion of me).  I like the liopoil lynch the best, but not really for anything of my own reads, excepting so many town-reads elsewhere.  But if I'm disregarding my own reads, maybe Glooble is a good lynch...shraeye was suspicious of him, and if yuma is also town, then well, I have to acknowledge that his reads are probably better than mine.  But if yuma isn't town, then Glooble probably is, and we should be lynching yuma instead (obviously, since I'm supposing he's scum in this sentence).

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: January 30, 2013, 08:47:50 am »

but if robz is scum and mcmc town than why would robz tell us that  mcmc didn't take an action? sure he gains a little town-cred, but I don't think that is enough.

well you are giving it to him right now... Look I don't know if Robz is scum or not. But just sitting here I can think of a handful of reason why Robz would day this:

1. he doesn't want to lynch mcmc. Because scum!robz wants to kill the cop for the scum faction that he is apart of. But he knows that mcmc isn't the cop because mcmc didn't use a night action like any good cop would. Therefore he wants the lynch to turn elsewhere with the hopes of forcing a cop to claim--and then be NK--or be lynched.

2. if mcmc is town then Robz gets some town cred for saving a townie from a lynch. (this you have already addressed isn't much)

3. Robz gets credit for just outing himself as a tracker. It is a bold move. Scum isn't often bold, so Robz could get credit that way.

4. It also makes him less likely to be nightkilled, something I am sure that scum!robz would be worried about as scum after seeing what happened to Galz--Robz has been a pretty popular nightkill choice in the past. Outing himself as tracker makes another faction less likely to kill him as that other faction would be gunning for the cop specific to that faction.

5. If mcmc is scum (remember that Robz wouldn't know mcmc's alignment) and is on the other scum faction then Robz, at least in my mind, is less likely to be mcmc's partner in crime making him more townie.

Again I don't know if Robz is scum, I am leaning toward less likely than likely. But the above are some really good reasons for why scum!robz would do what he did. There may be more, those are the ones I just thought of sitting here typing this up. If you only look at point #2, then yes it isn't much, but all together there are potentially compelling reasons.

Okay, found your reasons. 1 and 2 don't seem worth scum Robz putting the spotlight on himself. 3 maybe, I'm not sure. 4 could be something I guess. I can understand scum wanting to try to balance not getting lynched and not getting NKed. 5 I don't think so: I can definitely see scum Robz doing this to his partner.

I think the main thing that Robz claim did was make mcmc less likely to be lynched and Robz more likely. And surely for scum Robz, the difference between lynching mcmc and lynching Robz or a teammate of Robz' is far greater than the difference between lynching the Robz' team Cop and lynching mcmc. So I'll admit that it's possible they're on different teams, but I'd say it's unlikely.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: January 30, 2013, 11:56:50 am »

Ridiculous. I have repeatedly asked you why you are suspicious of me--you keep alluding to evidence without actually presenting it, and I keep asking you to be explicit, and you keep ignoring me.

Other people are raising issues about me that I think have merit. I don't know what you're doing.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: January 30, 2013, 11:59:21 am »

Wow this thread is dead.

I don't understand this.  shraeye pushed the case on Cuzz.  ashersky's contribution was more along the lines of Galzria's, he claimed a scum-read on Cuzz, and happened to have his vote there.  Shraeye pushed for it.  Munch pushed for it to end the day.  Cuzz kind of hung around and tried to help get everything tidied up at the end of the day.

I mean I could see you saying ashersky is town because of how he jumped all over the place instead of sticking his vote on Cuzz.  Or how he kept saying raerae is scummy, and she was NKed.  Or because of how he tried to help the lynch go.  I don't think you can claim a town-read for how hard he pushed Cuzz' lynch while claiming a scum-read on shraeye yesterday for essentially the same thing.

Do you have a better reason?

Shraeye's certainty was built on a case he concocted, though. Ashersky was just nuts. He had absolutely zero fear of being the hammer. It reminded me more of myself in M-XVI, when I wanted to lynch shraeye Day 1 because the day was waay too long, and I didn't really care how it looked that I just kept saying over and over again "lynch shraeye, lynch shraeye," because I know it made me suspicious, but whatever, I would just deal with it. Scum doesn't put themselves in that situation.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: January 30, 2013, 12:02:07 pm »

I don't know, maybe my town read on Ash is more meta than anything else. And my reads have not been good this game. But I really, really don't think scum!Ashersky plays this way, because playing this way was likely to get him lynched.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: January 30, 2013, 12:32:19 pm »

@Robz: thanks, that's much clearer.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: January 30, 2013, 03:33:56 pm »

Ridiculous. I have repeatedly asked you why you are suspicious of me--you keep alluding to evidence without actually presenting it, and I keep asking you to be explicit, and you keep ignoring me.

Other people are raising issues about me that I think have merit. I don't know what you're doing.

I haven't had that much time to invest in this game at the moment but I thought context clues and posts I've been quoting were enough to express my desire for the vote.

I'll go back and put something short together that at least formally sums up my feelings about Robz right now.  Hold please.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: January 30, 2013, 03:36:56 pm »

I haven't had that much time to invest in this game at the moment but I thought context clues and posts I've been quoting were enough to express my desire for the vote.

I'll go back and put something short together that at least formally sums up my feelings about Robz right now.  Hold please.

You've been implying without stating your case against me all day. You doing this is especially egregious, since Jimm and theorel have put together fairly substantive, well-founded cases regarding my play and opinions.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: January 30, 2013, 03:38:20 pm »

Here's what I'm talking about, Munch:

To me, this just feels like m-xvi, where all my reads were wrong, day after day after day.

This is an interesting post.

Although I have my own reasons for being suspicious of Robz, I also like the validation of someone else coming to the same conclusion.  This doesn't preclude the possibility of Jimmm being scum of any kind manipulating Robz play in previous games to generate a scum read on him, but given that the line of reasoning that Jimmm is going down is similar enough to what my mind was already thinking that I'd be on board.

What are they?

You never explained why you thought my post was interesting, or what your "own reasons" were. Makes me think you didn't have any, and were just waiting around for other players to come up with some.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: January 30, 2013, 03:49:58 pm »

To me, this just feels like m-xvi, where all my reads were wrong, day after day after day.

I requoted this post when I expressed my scum read on Robz following the post by Jimmm:

So regarding the first quote, this just sets off a bunch of bells and whistles for me.  The "wrong, day after day after day" is a mentality that I often try to convey as scum.  Clearly scum wants to push through bad lynches, and obviously this is multiball etc and Robz isn't me so it is far from enough evidence to call him for sure scum.  But its enough to say "this is interesting" which I did say at the time.

Then Jimmm made his post.  The thing that I liked about the post isn't specifically the fact that Robz is expressing a town read on Mcmc (which was Jimmm's point) but the fact that Robz is not afraid to plop very strong town reads on his buddies.  I have scum reads on Ashersky and Mcmc, although I dont know if I think just one or both is scum, I'm just not sure.  But the line of reasoning of "this is something that scum!Robz is capable of doing" is something that hits home for me.  Again, not enough, cause I am not sure if Robz is so bold to "waste" or claim to use his tracker on his buddy if that is truly what is going on there but another thing that makes me suspicious.

Then Robz made this post:
Wow this thread is dead.

This is really the final post that turns my scum suspicion on robz into a full blown will-lynch.  Robz has now expressed a strong town read on my two top scum reads.  Theorel posted what I was thinking regarding why specifically singling out Ashersky for his participation on the Cuzz lynch is strange.  So thats why I am willing to lynch him.  The read on Ashersky is so out of place.  I dont think anyone that has played as much as Robz has should ever "expect more rational subtle play from scum Ashersky".  I dont expect rational subtle anything from anything!Ashersky.

Since then Robz has responded to this with:
I don't know, maybe my town read on Ash is more meta than anything else. And my reads have not been good this game. But I really, really don't think scum!Ashersky plays this way, because playing this way was likely to get him lynched.
This doesn't really make much sense to me.  How can Robz say that his reads have been not so good and then fervently cling to the notion that his meta reads actually work?  (my answer: because his read on Ashersky isn't genuine)

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: January 30, 2013, 03:57:38 pm »

You never explained why you thought my post was interesting, or what your "own reasons" were. Makes me think you didn't have any, and were just waiting around for other players to come up with some.

I am sorry for not having a ton of time.  The fact that I didn't have time to post long posts is the reason why I made short comments and said that I agreed with people when it came up so that when I did get aroudn to me making a case I at least of some record of when I agreed with things instead of retroactively claiming I agreed with it.

I have been mislynched before for "agreeing with someone too much" though so take that for what you will.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: January 30, 2013, 04:06:21 pm »

treating my scumbuddy as obvtown has been a recent scum tactic for me that was marvelously successful.
I have some requests. First, Robz, could I have a more concrete reason why you have a strong townread on ashersky besides "he just crazy like that?"
The only people I'm NOT really looking at at all are ashersky--he's simply town, all this craziness is him being town

These are just a couple of the cases where robz has voiced a very strong townread on ash, someone who most other people I believe find at least a little sketchy. could be doing the "treat partner as obvtown" thing again. This is especially interesting because of the whole mcmc thing. ash and mcmc can't BOTH be robz's partner if robz is scum.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 125  All

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 16 queries.