Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 125  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 7)  (Read 267585 times)

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #775 on: January 11, 2013, 02:33:56 pm »

Glooble, huh? I guess I can't really defend him; he's the closest thing we have to an LaLL policy lynch.
I will reread Glooble, because i remember very little.  But right now I'm opposed to lynching Glooble, when we have lynches that I think are very good.  Jimmmm and Cuzz are both good lynches in my opinion.  I don't understand why the Jimmm lynch isn't getting any traction as I still haven't seen a defense that makes me satisfied.

Vote: Cuzz

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: January 11, 2013, 02:35:33 pm »

PLEASE IN THE FUTURE LET THE PLAYER HIMSELF MAKE THIS DEFENSE (WHICH IS OBVIOUSLY A LOGICAL DEFENSE, BUT I WANTED TO SEE IF HE WOULD THINK OF IT OR FLOUNDER) BEFORE YOU PUT WORDS IN HIS MOUTH AND PROVIDE HIM WITH AN ANSWER.
It helps if you address a question directly to the suspect, instead of just putting down a vote.  I don't ninja-answer other people's questions, but i will jump to somebody's defense if I feel they are wrongly accused.

To be fair, Galz did address mcmc directly.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: January 11, 2013, 02:36:50 pm »

Aha, I missed that as I focused on Robz, due to his particularly loud complaint regarding defenses.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: January 11, 2013, 02:37:46 pm »

PLEASE IN THE FUTURE LET THE PLAYER HIMSELF MAKE THIS DEFENSE (WHICH IS OBVIOUSLY A LOGICAL DEFENSE, BUT I WANTED TO SEE IF HE WOULD THINK OF IT OR FLOUNDER) BEFORE YOU PUT WORDS IN HIS MOUTH AND PROVIDE HIM WITH AN ANSWER.
It helps if you address a question directly to the suspect, instead of just putting down a vote.  I don't ninja-answer other people's questions, but i will jump to somebody's defense if I feel they are wrongly accused.

Shit, I probably should have let Galz make that defense himself....

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: January 11, 2013, 02:38:20 pm »

Shit, I probably should have let Galz make that defense himself....

+1
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: January 11, 2013, 02:39:25 pm »

I am now completely in agreement with Galz that Eevee is town.

If Robz continues his push on Eevee, I think his likelihood of being scum goes up.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: January 11, 2013, 02:54:38 pm »

Why?

If Robz continues his push on Eevee, I think his likelihood of being scum goes up.

Why?

FWIW, I haven't been on Eevee for awhile now, so this is weirdly timed.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: January 11, 2013, 02:55:37 pm »

Fair enough.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: January 11, 2013, 03:00:02 pm »

Why?

Why?

I noticed something.  Call it a town slip.  If anyone else would notice it, it's you.  That's the why on both.

As for timing, I feel like you just asked Galz why he has the town read a page or so ago.  So it isn't like it's out of the blue.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: January 11, 2013, 03:11:59 pm »

I defer to my elders as far as this goes, my only game so far has been a blitz game and mislynching was terrible but I understand with this many people it won't kill us to mislynch if it allows us to find scum on D2.

Is this in relation to Glooble? What makes you think that "with this many people it won't kill us to mislynch" is applicable here? It sounds like in your above statement you know already that he will be a mislynch.

Hopefully an explanation can still be helpful, I meant that aside from lack of posting glooble has done nothing that I find scummy, in the one other game I have played this alone would not have been enough to lynch someone, or at least I wouldn't have been okay with it as town. Many people seemed to agree that a lynch on glooble based on lurking is legitimate. While this was surprising at first, cuzz's post at 760 made sense to me as well as other comments from my "elders". I don't know it's going to be a mislynch but statistically it's more likely.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: January 11, 2013, 03:17:34 pm »

Why?

Why?

I noticed something.  Call it a town slip.  If anyone else would notice it, it's you.  That's the why on both.

As for timing, I feel like you just asked Galz why he has the town read a page or so ago.  So it isn't like it's out of the blue.

It was actually 5 pages ago, but that's fine. I didn't notice Eevee's town slip... and I really, really rolled my eyes when he said "I think Glooble has said towny things but am okay with lynching him" (which is scummy no matter how he spins it, I'm sorry, it just is)... but it looks like there's very little impetus to lynch Eevee, so.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: January 11, 2013, 03:22:57 pm »

It was actually 5 pages ago, but that's fine. I didn't notice Eevee's town slip... and I really, really rolled my eyes when he said "I think Glooble has said towny things but am okay with lynching him" (which is scummy no matter how he spins it, I'm sorry, it just is)... but it looks like there's very little impetus to lynch Eevee, so.

Generally speaking, I do think defending Glooble will be scummy.  At least by veterans who know the importance of LALL now.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: January 11, 2013, 04:08:10 pm »

"I don't like it!" Quark screams in Odo's office. "Word has gotten around that the station isn't safe! People are staying in their quarters! They're not going out. They're not drinking. They're not gambling."

"I'm very sorry to hear that," Odo says wryly. "Do you have a crime to report?"

"A crime? It's a crime that my profit margins are so low! And I want to know what you're going to do about it."

"I'm going to make a note in my crime-solving notebook," Odo replies, "and I'm going to ask you to leave."

Vote Count 1.12

Eevee (1): Cuzz
Cuzz (3): Galzria, TheMunch, shraeye
ashersky (1): Glooble
Jimmmmm (1): raerae
shraeye (1): theorel
Glooble(5): ashersky, Eevee, yuma, Jimmmmm, Cuzz {L-3}
mcmcsalot(1): Robz888

Not Voting (2): Dsell, mcmcsalot

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch

Deadline is January 18 at 7:10 p.m., forum time.

People not enrolled in this game will please refrain from posting in the thread.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #788 on: January 11, 2013, 04:24:22 pm »

Well, this is awkward. I was thinking all day at work that when I got home I was going to replace out of this game because I just didn't have the mental energy to attend to it, and I come home and find a huge lynch wagon on myself. The worst part is, I can't even fault you guys - if I wasn't me I'd be completely supporting my lynch. I haven't been participating at all.

I think there are better options out there, is all I can say.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: January 11, 2013, 04:30:30 pm »

Well, this is awkward. I was thinking all day at work that when I got home I was going to replace out of this game because I just didn't have the mental energy to attend to it, and I come home and find a huge lynch wagon on myself. The worst part is, I can't even fault you guys - if I wasn't me I'd be completely supporting my lynch. I haven't been participating at all.

I think there are better options out there, is all I can say.

Why, though? You were more active than this in IV and VI, which I believe had similar numbers of players and were not, in general, significantly less crazy than this game.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #790 on: January 11, 2013, 04:44:55 pm »

When I left forum mafia, it was basically because I felt as a person who works a job where I don't have access to a computer, it was very hard for me to keep pace with all of you. I thought obtaining a smartphone would help with this, since I could keep up on my commute and maybe post on my lunchbreak, but the fact is, I just have to many commitments in my life to post here every day. This week especially I've had a lot going on.

This isn't to try and make excuses. This game is a commitment and I shouldn't have signed up for it without better evaluating my ability to commit to it. But here we are now, and I have no defense for how much I've been lurking, and I can't fault you for lynching me, but I am town, and I so have a role that could potentially be very useful, so for the sake of the town I'd just as soon not get lynched.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: January 11, 2013, 04:46:21 pm »

When I left forum mafia, it was basically because I felt as a person who works a job where I don't have access to a computer, it was very hard for me to keep pace with all of you. I thought obtaining a smartphone would help with this, since I could keep up on my commute and maybe post on my lunchbreak, but the fact is, I just have to many commitments in my life to post here every day. This week especially I've had a lot going on.

This isn't to try and make excuses. This game is a commitment and I shouldn't have signed up for it without better evaluating my ability to commit to it. But here we are now, and I have no defense for how much I've been lurking, and I can't fault you for lynching me, but I am town, and I so have a role that could potentially be very useful, so for the sake of the town I'd just as soon not get lynched.

This sounds completely genuine to me.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: January 11, 2013, 04:46:27 pm »

I guess it makes sense but I feel a little like we just gave up on a few reasonable lynches.  True, we were sort of spinning our wheels so I see the value in getting something going but I'm a little disappointed.  It seems like easy, no-fault vote that anybody can hop on and in the end we won't learn anything from it.  Unless, of course, he flips scum then this post looks shady as hell.  I've never been in a LALL scenario though so I guess I'm not the most informed voice here.  Nobody (with the exception of Lekkit in Buffy) in all of the two games I've played has been super lurky and even then Lekkit was aggressive AND lurky so it wasn't just him creeping in the corner that made him scummy.  Moral of the story: I still like my case on Jimmmmm so I'll keep my vote there. 

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: January 11, 2013, 04:47:01 pm »

READCEPTION!!

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #794 on: January 11, 2013, 04:48:17 pm »

oh, and unvote

He/ Him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: January 11, 2013, 04:48:48 pm »

I guess it makes sense but I feel a little like we just gave up on a few reasonable lynches.  True, we were sort of spinning our wheels so I see the value in getting something going but I'm a little disappointed.  It seems like easy, no-fault vote that anybody can hop on and in the end we won't learn anything from it.  Unless, of course, he flips scum then this post looks shady as hell.  I've never been in a LALL scenario though so I guess I'm not the most informed voice here.  Nobody (with the exception of Lekkit in Buffy) in all of the two games I've played has been super lurky and even then Lekkit was aggressive AND lurky so it wasn't just him creeping in the corner that made him scummy.  Moral of the story: I still like my case on Jimmmmm so I'll keep my vote there.

What's really driving LALL is Mafia-XI (which had 26 players and went on for 3 months). I moderated it, so I could watch the lurking the whole time. There was a 5-person mafia team, and essentially, despite 2 of them switching out and getting replaced, all 5 were consistently like 5 of top 6 lurkers every single day. In fact, the last living scum had to be prodded daily, and simply refused to say anything of importance as the town continued to mislynch more active players over and over and over and over again.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #796 on: January 11, 2013, 04:49:24 pm »

a lot has happened since I voted for ashersky, and I no longer think him particularly scummy.

He/ Him

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: January 11, 2013, 04:52:41 pm »

I will reread Glooble, because i remember very little.  But right now I'm opposed to lynching Glooble, when we have lynches that I think are very good.  Jimmmm and Cuzz are both good lynches in my opinion.  I don't understand why the Jimmm lynch isn't getting any traction as I still haven't seen a defense that makes me satisfied.

I agree with this 100%.  Now I appreciate the detriment of lurkers but the fact that there are real cases makes me less inclined to lynch the lurker (aka if there were no awesome cases going on then my feelings were different; also yes I am posting this having noticed Glooble has posted, but I haven't read those posts yet and I will respond to those separately).

What struck me as the most odd from the Glooble wagon is this post from Yuma:
now that is the sort of Day 1 case that I understand and can get behind. It isn't trying to make something out of nothing. (well it is because it is making a case out of lack of posts, but you know what I mean...) vote: glooble
I dont know what to make of it yet but I dont like it.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #798 on: January 11, 2013, 04:53:03 pm »

Now the question you all will be asking is "WHo do you find scummy? What are your reads?" And I am essentially 7 pages behind, so its going to take me a bit of time to answer that question.

He/ Him

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: January 11, 2013, 05:02:31 pm »

I am meh about Gloobles emotional response.

Ashersky seems to be really confident lately in addition to the fact that I continue to disagree with him across the board.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 125  All

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 20 queries.