Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 125  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 7)  (Read 267325 times)

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #725 on: January 10, 2013, 11:21:35 pm »

When have you seen town Cuzz go down without a fight? Honestly I'm not sure what example you're referring to there. Maaaaaaaybe XI but I got from L-2 to hammered whilst sleeping there, and you better believe I would not have rolled over had it been at a more reasonable hour.
In a blitz game, I think it was blitz 7; but I can't remember.  Me/Munch/Insom were scum there.  Robz was IC.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: January 10, 2013, 11:42:35 pm »

Cuzz, what do you think of me? Towny or scummy? You don't have to repeat your arguments if they have changed, I just think there is a decent chance your position has changed given the recent events and I see you are online now.

You still lean scum to me from our interactions a while ago. But I'm not certain of course. You clearly read me better than Robz did in XVI (kudos) and I appreciate you defending me now, but unfortunately for you that tells me next to nothing about your own alignment.

On a completely different note, I know Glooble is known for lurking, but would he really lurk to this degree as town? I haven't played with him outside of a random bastard game, so this is not a rhetorical question.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: January 10, 2013, 11:47:55 pm »

Cuzz, how angry would you be if we lynched you? Serious question.

Cuzz was online an hour ago but did not answer my question.

Vote: Cuzz. I want my question answered.

I was phone browsing a different thread, and didn't see your question. I've fallen a page or two behind on this game again, unfortunately.

And I'd be pretty annoyed, mostly because barring any other ongoing games, this is my first town role in a while, and I've been really trying to not lurk and explain my views thoroughly which have been issues for me in the past.

What do you hope to glean from my response to that question?

That's a straight role fish by Robz.  Cuzz has publicly complained about dying early as a town PR in the past.  I think Robz was testing to see if Cuzz would give away anything about how he feels about him role.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: January 10, 2013, 11:48:39 pm »

Cuzz, what do you think of me? Towny or scummy? You don't have to repeat your arguments if they have changed, I just think there is a decent chance your position has changed given the recent events and I see you are online now.

You still lean scum to me from our interactions a while ago. But I'm not certain of course. You clearly read me better than Robz did in XVI (kudos) and I appreciate you defending me now, but unfortunately for you that tells me next to nothing about your own alignment.

On a completely different note, I know Glooble is known for lurking, but would he really lurk to this degree as town? I haven't played with him outside of a random bastard game, so this is not a rhetorical question.

Good point on Glooble.  Time to start LALL voting?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: January 10, 2013, 11:49:42 pm »

I'm absolutely fine lynching Glooble at this point, despite the fact his rare contributions have read towny to me.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: January 10, 2013, 11:54:53 pm »

If you think he's Towny, why are you absolutely fine with lynching him?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: January 10, 2013, 11:58:00 pm »

I didn't say he was towny, I said
his rare contributions have read towny to me.
Saying one or two things that make sense to me just isn't enough if that's literally all you ever say.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: January 10, 2013, 11:58:47 pm »

I'm absolutely fine lynching Glooble at this point, despite the fact his rare contributions have read towny to me.

Who is your vote on right now anyway?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: January 11, 2013, 12:11:15 am »

Who is your vote on right now anyway?
Munch. I'm on so much I can easily switch if need be though.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: January 11, 2013, 12:12:36 am »

I didn't say he was towny, I said
his rare contributions have read towny to me.
Saying one or two things that make sense to me just isn't enough if that's literally all you ever say.

I suppose there's a difference. I'll have a read of him when I have time.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: January 11, 2013, 12:13:34 am »

Is there anyone who feels comforable reading glooble? If so, some insight would be just great. Is 'he wouldnt safe to lurk like this as scum' applicable here?

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: January 11, 2013, 01:02:44 am »

Town read on Cuzz for his emotional/gut based defenses around #693.

...But it's well established that scum!Cuzz uses emotional defenses to save himself.

I don't think you're really trying or paying attention, Mr. Eevee, if you think that makes Cuzz townish.

Robz, can you make the case that I'm scum without using meta-arguments?

You have to understand, Cuzz. We've seen you as scum a LOT recently. M-XIV, M-XVI, and M-XVII, in fact. It's just really hard to ignore meta arguments for you when you have three recent scum games. And you really, really emotionally extorted us into not lynching you in M-XVI. Which was fine--well done!--but it can't be ignored now. It just can't. I've seen town!Cuzz go down without much of a fight, and I've seen scum!Cuzz say whatever it takes to live. ANd the whole not wanting to be fooled again thing enters into it.

When have you seen town Cuzz go down without a fight? Honestly I'm not sure what example you're referring to there. Maaaaaaaybe XI but I got from L-2 to hammered whilst sleeping there, and you better believe I would not have rolled over had it been at a more reasonable hour.

And I appreciate the not wanting to be fooled aspect. But if you push my lynch here, then all you'll have accomplished is having been wrong not to vote me in XVI, and wrong to vote me here.

But again, you did not actually answer my question, nor the one from #691.

That blitz game, seven maybe? I was IC. You were my lynch choice, and you DID go down without a fight. No, I don't think there is as much of a case on you aside from meta considerations. Yes, I know, I said I was going less off metas.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: January 11, 2013, 01:05:21 am »

Cuzz, how angry would you be if we lynched you? Serious question.

Cuzz was online an hour ago but did not answer my question.

Vote: Cuzz. I want my question answered.

I was phone browsing a different thread, and didn't see your question. I've fallen a page or two behind on this game again, unfortunately.

And I'd be pretty annoyed, mostly because barring any other ongoing games, this is my first town role in a while, and I've been really trying to not lurk and explain my views thoroughly which have been issues for me in the past.

What do you hope to glean from my response to that question?

That's a straight role fish by Robz.  Cuzz has publicly complained about dying early as a town PR in the past.  I think Robz was testing to see if Cuzz would give away anything about how he feels about him role.

Absolutely not. Ashersky, you remember how he behaved in blitz7 when I got him lynched? He was resigned to it. I wanted to see what length he would go to here to not get lynched, knowing what I know about him. Not a role fish.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: January 11, 2013, 01:06:58 am »

Is there anyone who feels comforable reading glooble? If so, some insight would be just great. Is 'he wouldnt safe to lurk like this as scum' applicable here?

He has lurked as scum. He has lurked as town. I didn't like his vote on ashersky earlier, and some of his pronouncement about being away. Not the worst choice.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: January 11, 2013, 01:12:28 am »

He has lurked as scum. He has lurked as town. I didn't like his vote on ashersky earlier, and some of his pronouncement about being away. Not the worst choice.

Vote: Glooble

Lets get this going and see where it takes us.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: January 11, 2013, 01:15:51 am »

This could absolutely be scumGlooble.

But from what I remember, townGlooble is similar. Still, from what I've seen, this is line for line from Glooble's scum playbook. The problem is that there's just so little information, it is remarkably hard to get much of a read.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: January 11, 2013, 01:19:13 am »

As someone who said they liked Robz question, I didn't actually think it was a Role fish.  I thought it was a "Let see how worried Cuzz is about dying" and is the reason why I said I wouldn't be surprised if hes SK.  But that might not have been Robz intention for his question.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: January 11, 2013, 01:25:20 am »

As someone who said they liked Robz question, I didn't actually think it was a Role fish.  I thought it was a "Let see how worried Cuzz is about dying" and is the reason why I said I wouldn't be surprised if hes SK.  But that might not have been Robz intention for his question.
I don't understand.  Why include the last sentence, when Robz says above that his intent matches the first two sentences above?

I wanted to see what length he would go to here to not get lynched, knowing what I know about him. Not a role fish.

It sounds like Munch is saying.  "I think you are wrong and that Robz wasn't rolefishing...but I suppose if you're going to suspect Robz, then I'll help feed that thought."

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: January 11, 2013, 01:27:41 am »

I don't understand.  Why include the last sentence, when Robz says above that his intent matches the first two sentences above?

I wanted to see what length he would go to here to not get lynched, knowing what I know about him. Not a role fish.

Nope, just tired and missed/didn't read that post. No biggie.
It sounds like Munch is saying.  "I think you are wrong and that Robz wasn't rolefishing...but I suppose if you're going to suspect Robz, then I'll help feed that thought."

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: January 11, 2013, 01:28:08 am »

Nope, just tired and missed/didn't read that post. No biggie.

Ugh.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: January 11, 2013, 07:05:50 am »

@galz & theorel, you both pointed out (around post 665, I think) that shraeye hadn't commented on theorel's case against him.  I'm interested in your take on Jimmmmm's avoidance of my case on him and (correct me if I'm wrong) shraeye's case on him.  Is it normal for Jimmmmm (or anybody for that matter) to avoid discussing cases against him/them?  Overall question: Why call one person out for not responding to a case but not call somebody else out?

How close to accurate is our most recent vote count (post 663)?  I know yuma has unvoted but I can't remember anybody else's votes and unvotes and don't trust myself enough to keep it straight on the reread.  Working up the courage and energy to do another reread but would like to see that first.

And, just a little frustration here, I am SUPER bummed this thread is already a million pages long.  I am missing out on soooooooo many hilarious comebacks.  Fairly certain my head is going to explode.
I'm sure a big part of that is that I was looking for shraeye's response to my case and not looking for Jimmmmm's response to yours.

Looking back though, there are some differences:
1. Your vote was second on Jimmmmm.  You also noted how shraeye had already made your case.  This makes it much more likely (to me) that Jimmmmm would sort of pass over it.
2. He did respond to shraeye's comment regarding the unwillingness to vote Galzria today.  (this is his first post after your case).  Meaning he was not avoiding responding to suspicions
3. Your case was immediately followed by 2 dissenters (DSell and munch).  Whereas my case was followed by (well nothing, but eventually) "case is okay", "I could get behind it", "Need to review".

Jimmmmm did comment on the "opinions are divided" which reads to me as an acknowledgement of the cases against him in aggregate.  I don't find it suspicious that he didn't acknowledge your case in specific since he'd picked up 3 votes by the time he even posted in thread.  To me it felt like shraeye said, "not worth my time, don't want to look defensive/draw attention to it".

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: January 11, 2013, 07:14:07 am »

Vote: Glooble
Seems like a decent enough day 1 lynch.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: January 11, 2013, 08:19:55 am »

Anyways, shraeye responded to my accusation, my initial reaction was: "that's why I said it wasn't a case.  It's not a case, it's 1 point (the 180 on Eevee)."  But reading it more carefully I see that the case is really seeing a series of interactions with Eevee that feel manufactured.  Okay, it still feels like an inflated case to me.  I see no good reason he's not voting for Cuzz at this juncture.

(Inflating the case) He cites Robz' reasons for suspicion.  Robz' reasons were (in total) "His total 180 on Eevee makes no sense to me."  Citing them as "Robz' reasons" strikes me as an attempt to inflate the case.  Then later he restates "all of Robz' reasons" as his own, since nothing makes a case stronger than using the same reason twice.

This post:
Okay well to be clear, I won't be supporting a Galz lynch today (unless something drastically changes), but he'll be fair game tomorrow.
This post is the tipping point for me between the Cuzz/Jimmmm vote.  This looks a lot like the springboard to a day2 lynch, already in place.  When I get a townread on somebody and don't want to lynch them (Eevee, Robz, raerae, liopoil, Dsell thus far--and not in that order, I haven't thought about order yet), I would NEVER say "but they're fair game tomorrow".  Why are you afraid to let your current townreads bleed over?  A logical reason (and the one I reach in my head) is that you don't want to box yourself in as scum and get to a situation where you're left either lynching a townread, or doing another 180 flip on somebody.
This is the tipping point?  This post taken ENTIRELY OUT OF CONTEXT is the tipping point for his vote?  But Jimmmmm refuted it.  I was going to refute it, but I just noted that Jimmmmm already had in my "case on shraeye" post.  (http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=6314.msg171797#msg171797)
(This was another point that shraeye never acknowledged that contributed to the feeling more secure in my vote here post.)

Basically it feels like shraeye's trying to build a case on Cuzz (brings him up every chance he has), while voting Jimmmmm to make sure we don't forget that Jimmmmm's suspicious too.

Re: Glooble.  There's certainly worse lynches we could go with.  I'm personally not in a hurry.  We've had 2 soft deadlines suggested (one for next Wednesday one for tomorrow).  I'm inclined to still lean towards next Wednesday, I think longer day1's have a better chance to catch scum...but I know that I reach a point where I feel like we've milked all we can out of the day (I felt this heavily towards the end of day1 in MIV) and others may reach that point before me.

Here's an unofficial votecount:

Eevee (1): Cuzz
Cuzz (3): Galzria, TheMunch, Robz888
mcmcsalot (1): Jimmmmm
ashersky (1): Glooble
Jimmmmm (3): Shraeye, raerae, yuma
shraeye (1): theorel
Glooble (2): Eevee, ashersky

Not Voting (2): Dsell, mcmcsalot

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch

Oh, one last thing.  (it ended up kind of long)  The situation with Eevee remembering his character name.  I think Robz and those defending Eevee are talking past each other.  Whether it's reasonable to not remember your character name is irrelevant.  Well, it's not completely irrelevant to what Robz is saying, but I think he's coming at it from the opposite side regardless.

The point is that it wasn't a contributing factor to you stating "I'm town".  You cited it as a tangential reason to say "look how I didn't really read my role PM that carefully".  But memory of your flavor name doesn't matter for how carefully you read the PM.  Memory of "station" doesn't really either.  If you are town you probably read DSell's post and said "oh yeah, we're not called town in this game, I'll have to check my role PM to see what we're called".  For example, if you had said the following I would have bought it at once:
" Me claiming town was obviously just the running joke from blitz, also I didn't (don't) really pay attention to the flavor, just the relevant points."
But that's not what you said, you said (paraphrased) "I didn't remember the exact wording.  I didn't read it that carefully.  In fact I don't even remember my flavor name"
The way it's stated, it's like you're trying to lend credibility by stating additional reasons that didn't really exist at the time.  Your failure to remember your flavor name doesn't in any way effect your claim of town.  Your inability to instantly call to mind the exact wording of your role PM doesn't effect your claim of town.  Reading uncarefully could have played a role in it (in particular you might have claimed station if you knew it, as it fits the joke well enough).

Now Robz pushed the point farther than I did, saying he found the reasons made-up.  I don't think they were made-up, I think they were unrelated.  It's a defense added after the fact to try to make it feel like you had better reasons than you actually did.  Now the question to me is: did you do this because the real reason is that you didn't even know town was called station so you were throwing out any defense you could think of, or did you do this because you were in justification-mode, and when justifying actions we (people) tend to offer tangential reasoning.  It's not an open-and-shut case, it's not a super-compelling reason to vote you (that's why I didn't at that time), BUT it's not nothing, and it really doesn't have to do with if you could remember your flavor name.  It has to do with whether your ability to remember your flavor name was even relevant to your claiming "I'm town".

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: January 11, 2013, 08:30:42 am »

I thought me not remembering my flavour name was relevant in that if you believe it to be true, it explains why I didnt remember we are stadion aligned before checking? Like, I just used it as an anecdote to portray how I just checked the color of my alignment (green, good, I'm town), read the flavour, chuckled even though it seemed very random, read further to see what my role did, sent a confirmation reply and moved elsewhere on the internet while starting to think how this particular role should be played.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: January 11, 2013, 08:34:56 am »

now that is the sort of Day 1 case that I understand and can get behind. It isn't trying to make something out of nothing. (well it is because it is making a case out of lack of posts, but you know what I mean...) vote: glooble
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 125  All

Page created in 0.348 seconds with 20 queries.