Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 125  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 7)  (Read 269821 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #600 on: January 09, 2013, 02:10:44 am »

That said, it is time for me to focus in on the people I have trouble reading. Theorel and Yuma are my assignments for tomorrow, because I honestly don't know if I could tell their scum play from their town play at a passing glance.

Tonight however, it's bed time.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: January 09, 2013, 02:14:43 am »

Liopol has contributed a lot when he has posted, especially for a new player. Don't support.
Theorel always posts scarce but long, so this isn't a suspicious post count.
However, I don't see a reason for the town read many people seem to have on him. I agree he is a smart guy and posts excellent theory, generally makes sense.
Can someone point out something he has said he couldn't say if he was scum, though?
Sparky is always a super lurker and always scum. Munch has been more active, but hasn't
given me a town vibe. He rarely does though,
but now that I think back of the games we've played I don't think I've read
him wrong THAT often so this would actually be a lynch I could support.
Glooble has a normal post count for himself. I've agreed with most of what he has said. I probably think too positive about him because he has been defending me,
but wouldn't like to see him lynched.
Dsell I think is still the most likely of you guys to be town. I'd probably vote for him in this post if the Eevee-incident never occurred though, he fits the scum bill I described above rather well.
mcmc: meh, feels towny to me but would have fooled me in the blitz
game too.
Yuma: invisiyuma actually has quite a lot of posts here, he tends to post long to definitely more than I would have assumed. the things I said about glooble apply to yuma quite well, except for the fact that I know he is capable of seeming towny to me as scum. I think me correctly reading
yuma's towniness in switch mafia played a big part in town's victory, but I don't ever remember having a correct scum read on him.

Running out of battery so going to have to cut this one short. Something about the playstyle of munch/shraeye/raerae always reads suspicious to me.
I notice it again here, I wouldn't oppose a case on any of
them and I can't very accurately explain why. I'll Vote: themunch now, but I'm recognizing this problem and my uneasy feeling about him might mean less than it should.

The guys whose lynch I'd oppose more vehemently would be at the top half of the post count, but I won't get to them now with my 1% battery life.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 09, 2013, 02:15:17 am »

Liopol has contributed a lot when he has posted, especially for a new player. Don't support.
Theorel always posts scarce but long, so this isn't a suspicious post count.
However, I don't see a reason for the town read many people seem to have on him. I agree he is a smart guy and posts excellent theory, generally makes sense.
Can someone point out something he has said he couldn't say if he was scum, though?
Sparky is always a super lurker and always scum. Munch has been more active, but hasn't
given me a town vibe. He rarely does though,
but now that I think back of the games we've played I don't think I've read
him wrong THAT often so this would actually be a lynch I could support.
Glooble has a normal post count for himself. I've agreed with most of what he has said. I probably think too positive about him because he has been defending me,
but wouldn't like to see him lynched.
Dsell I think is still the most likely of you guys to be town. I'd probably vote for him in this post if the Eevee-incident never occurred though, he fits the scum bill I described above rather well.
mcmc: meh, feels towny to me but would have fooled me in the blitz
game too.
Yuma: invisiyuma actually has quite a lot of posts here, he tends to post long to definitely more than I would have assumed. the things I said about glooble apply to yuma quite well, except for the fact that I know he is capable of seeming towny to me as scum. I think me correctly reading
yuma's towniness in switch mafia played a big part in town's victory, but I don't ever remember having a correct scum read on him.

Running out of battery so going to have to cut this one short. Something about the playstyle of munch/shraeye/raerae always reads suspicious to me.
I notice it again here, I wouldn't oppose a case on any of
them and I can't very accurately explain why. I'll Vote: themunch now, but I'm recognizing this problem and my uneasy feeling about him might mean less than it should.

The guys whose lynch I'd oppose more vehemently would be at the top half of the post count, but I won't get to them now with my 1% battery life.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: January 09, 2013, 02:17:45 am »

You had been responding to this Ashersky:

Ashersky and Jimmm - You two both voted Eevee earlier. There's now a wagon on him without your votes. How do you feel regarding Eevee now? More scummy? Less? If each of you accepts yourself to be town, then who out of the 5 other people to have voted Eevee - or Eevee himself - do you think is most likely scum?

So I misspoke, yes.  Cuzz was most likely scum then and now.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: January 09, 2013, 02:20:33 am »

internet on the train is terrible as usual, sorry that got posted twice.

I very much agree with both of Galzria's posts I didnt read before posting my last. Looking forward to your thoughts about yuma and theorel, I have the exact same problem.
They are both just very good at playing scum. I'm pleased you found Munch's posting most suspicious on the meta level as well. Makes me feel better about my vote.

I wouldn't try to find a place for my vote like this if I had stronger, more specific scum reads.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: January 09, 2013, 12:19:45 pm »

Its not mentioned in the original post, but do we think scum have any extra powers like one shot BP or anything like that? Given multiple teams I bet they do. A two man scum team against 11 town (many with powers) and another two man scum team seems tough to win with. (just an example here of course)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: January 09, 2013, 12:37:04 pm »

Its not mentioned in the original post, but do we think scum have any extra powers like one shot BP or anything like that? Given multiple teams I bet they do. A two man scum team against 11 town (many with powers) and another two man scum team seems tough to win with. (just an example here of course)

Oh, certainly they probably do, I think. Unless the PRs the town has are REALLY negative utility.

The only thing we know is that there are exactly 3 Cops, but they could be any alignment.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: January 09, 2013, 12:43:27 pm »

- Everyone else will have a small role - either an X-shot version of a power role or a role of marginal or even negative utility.
- These roles, and characters, will be assigned 100% independent of alignment. Knowing someone's role or character will not tell you if they're scum, exception being of course the cops, and the IC-variant if there is one.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: January 09, 2013, 01:22:31 pm »

- Everyone else will have a small role - either an X-shot version of a power role or a role of marginal or even negative utility.
- These roles, and characters, will be assigned 100% independent of alignment. Knowing someone's role or character will not tell you if they're scum, exception being of course the cops, and the IC-variant if there is one.

Ah ok. I read that as only referring to the "everyone else" part, meaning not scum nor the three cops. But I got it now.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 09, 2013, 04:32:22 pm »

Pretty quiet day.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: January 09, 2013, 04:43:53 pm »

Pretty quiet day.

I'll have time to re-read the latest stuff and start commenting.  Hopefully I can get some responses.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: January 09, 2013, 05:05:52 pm »

Pretty quiet day.

I'll have time to re-read the latest stuff and start commenting.  Hopefully I can get some responses.

was hoping for some responses to things I posted earlier, my 3-5 window of time online is about gone now, I'll check back around 11
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 09, 2013, 06:16:14 pm »

Okay, so not much new to mention.  Here are the topics of recency, I think: theorel's case on shraeye, the Jimmmmm wagon, Eevee's vote for TheMunch, and the lack of true lurkers.

I think Theorel's case on shraeye is okay.  I do think shraeye's been less present than other games, and he's been less town!shraeye than we're used to.  He's been a null read to me all game.  One thing I'd note is that, even with the shraeray hitting everyone, I don't think shraeye's actually been all that in line with raerae, and in fact seems to be distancing himself, possible for twin claim reasons.

The Jimmmmm wagon I've commented on previously.  I think it is a useful lynch, in the sense that all of his posting, opinions, and interactions will be super helpful post-flip.  I don't think he's the scummiest player in the game though, so if that's what you're going for on D1, Jimmmmm ain't it.

Eevee's vote on TheMunch was scummy.  I mean, we all see that, right?  I don't mean that it makes Eevee scum, but given all the Eevee talk this game, for him to plop down a vote with a "I gotta bad feeling I can't explain" as his reason is pretty scummy.  I don't recall where I put TheMunch on my lynch list, and he hasn't been around lately to help that out, so I don't know that him having a vote bothers me at all, but the way Eevee voted wasn't towny.

On the lack of lurkers...it's a good thing, and makes the game interesting.  It's slowed down these last two RL days, for some reason, but I imagine it'll get back on a roll soon.  I think Galzria is mostly right that no one is really lurking based on their normal metas.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 09, 2013, 06:22:20 pm »

Okay, so not much new to mention.  Here are the topics of recency, I think: theorel's case on shraeye, the Jimmmmm wagon, Eevee's vote for TheMunch, and the lack of true lurkers.

I think Theorel's case on shraeye is okay.  I do think shraeye's been less present than other games, and he's been less town!shraeye than we're used to.  He's been a null read to me all game.  One thing I'd note is that, even with the shraeray hitting everyone, I don't think shraeye's actually been all that in line with raerae, and in fact seems to be distancing himself, possible for twin claim reasons.

The Jimmmmm wagon I've commented on previously.  I think it is a useful lynch, in the sense that all of his posting, opinions, and interactions will be super helpful post-flip.  I don't think he's the scummiest player in the game though, so if that's what you're going for on D1, Jimmmmm ain't it.

Eevee's vote on TheMunch was scummy.  I mean, we all see that, right?  I don't mean that it makes Eevee scum, but given all the Eevee talk this game, for him to plop down a vote with a "I gotta bad feeling I can't explain" as his reason is pretty scummy.  I don't recall where I put TheMunch on my lynch list, and he hasn't been around lately to help that out, so I don't know that him having a vote bothers me at all, but the way Eevee voted wasn't towny.

On the lack of lurkers...it's a good thing, and makes the game interesting.  It's slowed down these last two RL days, for some reason, but I imagine it'll get back on a roll soon.  I think Galzria is mostly right that no one is really lurking based on their normal metas.

I hate to just agree without adding anything, but these are pretty much my exact thoughts concerning Theorel on shraeye, the Jimm situation, and Eevee.

ONe thing though: you say you think shraeye is distancing himself from raerae. You may be right; I just haven't noticed it. I have such trouble keeping their contributions separate. Which is funny, because raerae posts and shraeye posts don't actually sound similar.

Agreed about Eevee's vote on Munch. I have a null-town-ish read on Munch, because I thought his contributions after he subbed in did much to repair sparky's under-posting.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 09, 2013, 06:28:13 pm »

Really Robz? You want to go for the informational lynch on me? I thought of all people that just wouldn't fly with you. I distinctly remember being scolded in my first game for even discussing an informational lynch.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: January 09, 2013, 06:29:03 pm »

ONe thing though: you say you think shraeye is distancing himself from raerae. You may be right; I just haven't noticed it. I have such trouble keeping their contributions separate. Which is funny, because raerae posts and shraeye posts don't actually sound similar.

You are right that they don't sound alike at all, but I think we just assume that shraeye defends raerae, but he doesn't.  In fact, it might have been you that this game said shraeye did, reread, then admited he didn't.  Was that you?  Someone did that this very game.

Now, I don't know if that's actual distancing, or they're just playing as different people (because they are), but I don't think it's good practice for any of us to let the shraeray be used as a weapon of mass distraction.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: January 09, 2013, 06:29:26 pm »

Actually, I just remembered you're voting for Eevee. Nevermind.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: January 09, 2013, 06:36:15 pm »

Lynching the most active guy because his flip would be information is just TERRIBLE. Like, I can't find harsh enough words to accurately describe how strongly I'm against that. Do you really want to encourage people to lurk? I'm fine with people voting for Jimm because they think he is scummy, I personally don't but I can see that. I don't have a strong town read on him, no. But voting someone because he WAS active and took a lot of positions, in a two scum team game none the less? Insanityyyyyyy.

Theorel's case on shraeye I can get behind. I am totally fine with a shraeye lynch, in fact I think it's one of the best alternatives. But, as I said, I think Munch, shraeye and raerae all have quite similar playstyles, and something about it just always reads inherently scummy to me. So I'm not the best judge here.

ashersky and Robz, what should I have done?`What about my vote on munch and the post was scummt? What should I have done differently?

I don't have any gut- or case-based reasons to call for anyone's lynch, at least not strong enough. And I have these biases of never seeing certain guys scummy and always suspecting some people, so it's not ideal anyways. So, in lack of better methods, I try to check objective facts. I think we all agree most people post less than usual when scum. So, I tried to go through the post count with that in mind, trying to see if someone's behavior seemed off. Landed on sparky/munch. I'm not foolproof positive it's a scum lynch, but I can't give out negative votes to my town reads and I'd rather have my vote on someone I think is more likely to be scum than random, than not vote at all.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: January 09, 2013, 06:42:13 pm »

You are right that they don't sound alike at all, but I think we just assume that shraeye defends raerae, but he doesn't.  In fact, it might have been you that this game said shraeye did, reread, then admited he didn't.  Was that you?  Someone did that this very game.

Now, I don't know if that's actual distancing, or they're just playing as different people (because they are), but I don't think it's good practice for any of us to let the shraeray be used as a weapon of mass distraction.

Just looking for clarification, distraction in that we are distracting from the game with what we post or that discussion of how we interact in game is a distraction or something else entirely?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: January 09, 2013, 06:44:45 pm »

Yeah that was me.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: January 09, 2013, 06:46:02 pm »

Really Robz? You want to go for the informational lynch on me? I thought of all people that just wouldn't fly with you. I distinctly remember being scolded in my first game for even discussing an informational lynch.

As you later note, I'm not voting for you, so I have yet to come aboard for your lynch. I guess I do find you scummier than ashersky does, so it's not exactly informational only or something.

I mean the big thing holding me back on you (and Eevee) is your high post counts.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: January 09, 2013, 06:48:05 pm »

Lynching the most active guy because his flip would be information is just TERRIBLE. Like, I can't find harsh enough words to accurately describe how strongly I'm against that. Do you really want to encourage people to lurk? I'm fine with people voting for Jimm because they think he is scummy, I personally don't but I can see that. I don't have a strong town read on him, no. But voting someone because he WAS active and took a lot of positions, in a two scum team game none the less? Insanityyyyyyy.

Yeah, I'm not voting for Jimm, and I was, it would not be because he was active and took lots of position. It would be because of his nervous shifting in order to keep ahead of public sentiment. And as you say, you and him have nicely high post counts.

It's also true though, as I've pointed out, that you two have had to defend yourselves far, far, more than anyone else. Which inflates your counts quite a bit. I don't think your contributions are far and away beyond everyone else.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: January 09, 2013, 07:12:16 pm »

Just looking for clarification, distraction in that we are distracting from the game with what we post or that discussion of how we interact in game is a distraction or something else entirely?

You guys aren't the ones doing the distracting.  I meant we, as town, shouldn't let the constant idea of the shraeray distract us from scumhunting, etc.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: January 09, 2013, 07:14:17 pm »

Theorel's case on shraeye I can get behind. I am totally fine with a shraeye lynch, in fact I think it's one of the best alternatives. But, as I said, I think Munch, shraeye and raerae all have quite similar playstyles, and something about it just always reads inherently scummy to me. So I'm not the best judge here.

ashersky and Robz, what should I have done?`What about my vote on munch and the post was scummt? What should I have done differently?

I don't have any gut- or case-based reasons to call for anyone's lynch, at least not strong enough. And I have these biases of never seeing certain guys scummy and always suspecting some people, so it's not ideal anyways. So, in lack of better methods, I try to check objective facts. I think we all agree most people post less than usual when scum. So, I tried to go through the post count with that in mind, trying to see if someone's behavior seemed off. Landed on sparky/munch. I'm not foolproof positive it's a scum lynch, but I can't give out negative votes to my town reads and I'd rather have my vote on someone I think is more likely to be scum than random, than not vote at all.

I was noting that his lynch would be informational, but that he's not the scummiest choice.  I'm also not voting Jimmmmm.  I'm not even encouraging the lynch.

On your Munch vote, you needed to give better reasons than you did.  Like, a reason reason.  Bad reasons are fine with me, btw, if they are something you noted and believe.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: January 09, 2013, 07:18:28 pm »

You guys aren't the ones doing the distracting.  I meant we, as town, shouldn't let the constant idea of the shraeray distract us from scumhunting, etc.

Cool. Thanks, I appreciate it.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 125  All

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 16 queries.