Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 125  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 7)  (Read 267318 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #350 on: January 07, 2013, 02:04:11 pm »

I believe I am no longer voting for Eevee, and am instead voting for Cuzz.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 07, 2013, 02:13:19 pm »

Okey-dokey.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 07, 2013, 04:01:03 pm »

I don't know why it's so quiet in here all of a sudden. I guess there's no particular hurry, since we aren't using bankable deadlines, though.

I feel like I don't really have much from Munch yet. Still not much from Cuzz, of course. Glooble has answered my question (by not answering it). Galzria is so weirdly silent, but I saw that he was behind in a different topic, so.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 07, 2013, 04:20:59 pm »

So I agree with robz while these long post are helpfull it's not doing anything for town if we just post them and don't analyse each others so putting eevee on hold as ist going to take me forever and going to look at liopoil's thoughts.

You mention you think jimm is less scummy than before, could you provide any more specific examples of why. ex. just what other people have said or did you think jimms defense of himself seemed town. I still believe he could be scum, although I agree he didn't mean to trick anyone I feel his argument was pushed in a similar way scum would push a case against someone, manipulation of post and drawing attention to it, few people will straight up deny a case has some grounds and in a 15 person game drawing attention to case = gaining support.

I agree with your thoughts on Dsell, if he is scum, excuse the saying raerae, he has some huge balls. Can a(hopefully multiple) veteran(s) weigh in on this, is it possible Dsell would make a move like this as scum.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #354 on: January 07, 2013, 04:25:19 pm »

I just got off work. I posted that one thought during my lunchbreak. I'm endeavoring not to post completely contentlessly. If I have an observation I think is helpful to the town. If I don't, then I'm just making noise. In other words, if possible I'd like to actually help fond scum, but barring that ill settle for not making a lot of distracting noise.

I feel like I should comment on the whole raerrae/ ashersky fight, but it didn't really solidify my reads at all. I still think ashersky is as good a place for my vote as any. He seemed really ready to lynch eevee, then made a case on raerrae that just felt off to me. Maybe I'll retread and see if I can articulate my thoughts better.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 07, 2013, 04:25:41 pm »

It's not that Dsell's move is so like, uh, risky... it's just that it seems very unlikely he would have even conceived it at all, unless he's town. The mindset it took to realize that discrepancy between town/station and exploit it like that to press Eevee for info, is I think exceedingly unlikely to have actually come from scum. It's not impossible, but I really am considering him town for now. As in, I would not lynch him today, and I would not really want a cop to investigate him, rather than other people.

On my earlier point about the lack of content here, what surprised me is that plenty of people are active on other threads right now, and it distresses me that they are like avoiding this. I know I am reluctant to post (and scared of saying the wrong thing) much more often when I am scum, that's why this makes me suspicious. But there are a lot of people not talking right now, and there are a lot of people who just don't show up until evening, so I don't know. But typically the conversation during day (real day, not mafia day), is riveting.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 07, 2013, 04:30:14 pm »

Clearly bankable deadlines are where it's at. I chose not to implement them because it seems like they'd be more work for the mod, but next time I think I'll have to just suck it up.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 07, 2013, 05:06:43 pm »

One point about Dsell I tried to make earlier: If he cared about to make such a move as scum (and if he had made, it should make him care considerably more - running for that mvp!), he would be participating a lot more afterwards to build on the probtown-status. So, the comment combined with his play afterwards makes me think it's very very very likely he is town.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 07, 2013, 05:08:19 pm »

Eevee: Wow, through all the town/station case in the end you came out with a pretty null read from me. Your post about Jimm being not a good lynch for today but possible in the future was a pretty solid thought, and I believe you about not caring about the flavor. It is a very complicated universe making it hard for outsiders to understand. Upon reading your opinions on a group of people, I get a scummy vibe from you. Of the 8 people you analysed, which has no order to them, curious how you came up with this group, you found one scum read, galz which you gave no explanation for. You've often said these long post of analysis on people are towny and helpful I do not find yours to be.
So in the end I still have a scum read on you mainly stemming from your analysis post.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 07, 2013, 05:10:34 pm »

Where is Eevee's scum-read on Galz? I missed that, or I don't remember it. Eevee, do you have a scum-read on Galz?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: January 07, 2013, 05:11:57 pm »

It's true, I don't have many scum reads at all. People were saying having scumreads was unlike my town meta.. well, we are back to normal now! I have a bunch of town reads I will defend if need be. I've seen a couple of cases I've liked, I'm likely to join one of them. Last one was on Cuzz, and I think it's where I'd stick my vote if the deadline was tomorrow. However, we have time and I'm fine with waiting for a better case / seeing who continue not to contribute possibly making a case of my own against one of them eventually.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 07, 2013, 05:12:30 pm »

Where is Eevee's scum-read on Galz? I missed that, or I don't remember it. Eevee, do you have a scum-read on Galz?

Well, like 5% higher scumscore than average. Certainly not seeming towny to me.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 07, 2013, 05:23:36 pm »

Well, like 5% higher scumscore than average. Certainly not seeming towny to me.

For me, my suspicion on Galz comes from two thing: 1) He's under-posting, 2) He threw water on the case I made against you.

But he's under-posting everywhere, and I think is just behind. On the other thing, I probably have to just shed my bias in favor of the case, perhaps, much as his reaction to it grated me.

So I guess I don't have much of a scumread on him, either. And I did follow him in voting Cuzz, actually.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 07, 2013, 05:26:41 pm »

Robz, I would argue in multiple scum team situations scum has a lot less incentive to buddy up to non-teammates and defend them strongly from getting lynched. Pretty catastrophic if they end up flipping scum of the other theam!

Dsell
Robz put it well - very scummy if it wasn't for the fact the incident actually earns him a ton of town credit. Also, if he scared enough to fake the question at scum, he'd surely care enough to post more and appear less obvscummy. So yes, strongest town read, easily.

Robz
Says a lot of stuff I agree with, maybe even more than usual. Don't know if that's a towntell or scumtell on meta level (I think town, but not sure), I still think plays very protown and is not a likely place for my vote today.

Galzria
Nah, slight scumread. Like, better than to hit scum than in a random lynch, but not the best place to drop down my vote.

theorel
Don''t get a major townread from his theory stuff, but no scum read either. He is playing like I'd expect scumtheorel to play, but that is pretty much how I'd expect towntheorel to play too.

Jimm
I've talked about Jimm already. His case on me was really trying from early on, and I think he really believed in it. But well, scum has even more incentive to scumhunt than town here. So.. Either way, again not a good lynch target, he is definitely an asset for town.

ashersky
Frustration is usually a town trait. No read still, and it is helpfur for town that he is taking strong positions - identifying the alignment of players like this later is easier than trying to read a lurker.

Cuzz
Noread, but I buy his reasons for being this silent.

Sparky
Has the tendency to lurk like this, but.. Worth noting, we've never seen town sparky! It's very possible he'd post shorter posts more often.

Glooble
Has a low post count but has made sense to me when he has posted.

I know there are other people, but got tired midway!

Found the post, even if its a 5% higher scum score, why does he have a 5% higher scum score. Analysis without reasons is useless to town in fact it allows for scum to provide analysis or agree an seem towny.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 07, 2013, 05:28:38 pm »

I'm happy to give Dsell somewhat of a Town pass for now, until of course someone (could be me) makes a good case on him. Looks like two of our top suspects at this point are Cuzz and Galz, so I'll give them a read. Also interested in mom salon and liopoil.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 07, 2013, 05:39:41 pm »

Well, I made the super-flimsy early day case. Reasons aren't even that important anymore, just the fact he has felt off to me from the get go. He has sufficient reasons for underposting (overcommited in games to the point that even 8 hours a day in the forums isn't enough to keep up), but still he doesn't FEEL like town Galzria to me, which is suspicious. He is often so damn useful I conclude he simply can't be scum. Basically, especially in non-blitz situations his town meta is to be so pro-town he couldn't possibly replicate that as scum unless he nailed his entire team on day 1 or something.

.. otoh, we have two scum teams, scumGalz could scumhunt just as hard here if he wanted to. Hence, my scum read on him being very slight.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 07, 2013, 06:03:38 pm »

Robz (and everyone), perhaps you missed this, so I'll repost it, but it's 1000x more true than I expected this morning. I WILL get in content and reads today if it kills me (and it just might at this rate!). My brain is on overload right now. I'm PRAYING that the seeming explosion of activity is just because it's Monday, but I honestly can't keep up right now.

When I signed up for this game, I DID warn that I would be more "lurky" than normal, and that still holds true - but I never intended for it to be this bad, even by my own standards. I've not been participating or hunting as hard as I should, and that needs to change. I'm finding it too easy to just skim and agree with so much instead of critically looking at the posts and saying "wait, that's not right". Eevee could probably post a "0% chance of flipping town" type moment I would probably gloss right over it.

All that is to say: If you're judging my scumminess by my lurking (compared to my own standards of posting), then I'm probably hands down the scummiest person in this thread and deserve to be called out. However, I'm town, and I may need to kick my own ass into gear here. I will get myself moving here and all caught up before I pass out tonight, I promise.

Here's the post from this morning:
I am way way way behind. I feel like the forums are going crazy today. I've got the day off, and will be here to catch up by tonight, but since this is the biggest of the games I'm in, it'll have to wait for now. I want to be able to dedicate my full attention here when I catch up - and right this minute there's too much else going on.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 07, 2013, 06:20:04 pm »

Well Cuzz hasn't really said anything particularly helpful so far, but at the same time nothing really stands out as scummy. And there's not much to the case on him either, other than that he hasn't said much. At this stage I'll probably plonk my vote on him if he doesn't start contributing soon as promised (of course that could change if I find someone else to be scummy).

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 07, 2013, 06:21:57 pm »

You know what I'm happy to give Galz a pass for today, for a couple of reasons:
I totally get that he's overloaded.
If he's Town, we want him alive.
If he's scum, word on the street is he's easy to catch out, so hopefully we should be able to do that on a later day.

Of course, his analysis is still appreciated.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 07, 2013, 06:23:12 pm »

You know what I'm happy to give Galz a pass for today, for a couple of reasons:
I totally get that he's overloaded.
If he's Town, we want him alive.
If he's scum, word on the street is he's easy to catch out, so hopefully we should be able to do that on a later day.

Of course, his analysis is still appreciated.

I pretty much agree, although I've been crucified for saying this before.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 07, 2013, 06:25:28 pm »

Okay well to be clear, I won't be supporting a Galz lynch today (unless something drastically changes), but he'll be fair game tomorrow.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 07, 2013, 06:41:02 pm »

I didn't mean to start any trouble with the question of theory I just meant this:

I don't if it's scummy.  It seems like we jumped out of RVS super quick so easy to miss what little theory talk there was, plus it seems genuine to me if he has, in fact, never played in a multi-scum team game.  That definitely adds another layer of uncertainty to the game so it makes sense, if you're a person who finds value in theory talk, to talk, or at least ask, about theory discussion.

I dont necessarily have anything awesome to contribute theory wise so its not like I want to discuss it for no reason, I was just curious if anyone that has played multi-scum-team games had any real insight.  More of an open question than an actual push for theory talk.

So that said, I really want to reread.  I need to form REAL reads cause I now realize that I haven't paid as much attention as I would if I was actually playing.  I also forget that this is only 14 pages... it wont be that bad.  Will post analysis later tonight (fingers crossed... We might go out for dinner heaven forbid hehehe).

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 07, 2013, 06:58:02 pm »

Yuma, this one is less indepth as coming from phone. You have some solid analysis coming out early game. Many of your posts were about the raerae, ashersky debacle so no reads of of that. The only thing that gives me a read on you is that you felt I was scummy, said I made the scummiest post in the game and then as the arguing started you seem to have forgot your post about me. As did whomever you asked to comment who was scummier, me or eevee. That gives me a bit of a scum read as you tried to push a case on me and when noone picked it up you dropped it.

I still think that post of yours was scummy, enough to vote for it. I have seen nothing from you that has led me to take away my vote, (nor have I seen anything else from other players to move it elsewhere). I am also not the sort of person that picks a person for doing something scummy and then hounds them endlessly forcing later posts into scumminess. So I haven't dropped it, but am keeping an eye on you.

And yes, I also found it odd that Jimmm didn't respond to my question about who is scummier, you or eevee.... Jimmm did you see that question? Why didn't you answer it?

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 07, 2013, 07:00:25 pm »

Ok, caught up finally. AMA.

Townreads: theorel (as usual), liopoil, and Dsell, who for all intents and purposes I am treating as obvtown. There perhaps does exist a universe in which his early post was a scum gambit, but it's not one of the likely ones. Theorel just seems almost exactly like town!theorel to me at this juncture, and liopoil has been making pro-town lists and whatnot which I just don't really see as newbscum behavior.

I don't have a townread on Galz per se, but he did mention before getting his alignment that he's be a bit quieter this game, so I won't use this against him unless he turns into a super-lurker (like that Cuzz guy) or something.

Weirdly, I don't really have any scumreads yet this game. Eevee could be scum; I don't have a townread on him either, but I didn't like the particular cases made against him early. In fact, I really didn't like the case against him that Jimmmmm was pushing, which gave me a teensy bit of a bad vibe from Jimmmmm, but not enough to qualify as a scumread yet.

Robz seems mostly like townRobz so far but I've somehow still not really seen him as scum. Fortunately he posts so much that my read on him should become clearer before too long. The ash/yuma/raerae debacle (which got unpleasantly heated, which I found a bit sad, but fortunately has cooled off) read like possible town all around to me. These last few aren't really strong enough to qualify as fullblown "townreads" yet though.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 07, 2013, 07:04:08 pm »

Question for mom salon: who is your biggest scumread at the moment, and why? If the answer is me (and even otherwise if you can), who's your second and why?

PPE: yuma, I can't recall the question, I'll have a look now.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 125  All

Page created in 2.279 seconds with 20 queries.