Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 125  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 7)  (Read 267258 times)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #200 on: January 05, 2013, 02:43:11 pm »

But I'm really not sold that Jimmm was trying to trick people.  I think he was just a little careless, which is not something I expect of Jimmmm, who's usually a very solid rational person.  So I have a very slight scumread from this, that increased to slight because of how hard it seemed he was pushing it.  But I'm not at all close to wanting to vote for him yet.

Let me be clear I'm also not ready to vote for him yet, I'm not ready to vote for anyone yet.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 05, 2013, 02:43:28 pm »

I don't find Jimmmmm scummy at all for his arguments.  It's such a slight thing, and the wording is sufficiently confusing.  If anything I'd lean towards a slightly towny Jimmmmm.

Quick note however: as someone who played scum in a multiple scum-team game, scum has the freedom to really scum-hunt in this game.  That makes it much trickier to read people IMO, because the scum are in fact looking for scum, since they'd love to push a lynch through on the opposing team for town-cred.

15 players are just over what I can comfortably handle in my head, but let's see:
Cuzz: hasn't posted for a long time in thread (about as long as me), has his RVS vote sitting on Eevee.  He was correcting people's mistakes about the set-up, which reads pro-town to me.

Robz: seems like town-Robz.  Although, last time I suspected him he was a town PR, so maybe he'll just get to live for a while this time?  I'm pulling for you to live Robz, even if you do lynch my for the loss at lylo. ;)

Galzria: He reads like town-Galz to me.  This seems like his typical early game of posting reasonably often with a slight non-seriousness.

Eevee: I've already mentioned that he seems more critical this game than usual.  Of course he could just be trying to up his game as he claims.  But I still find it scummy given my note above about multi-ball (game with multiple scum-teams).

Ashersky: I'm not sure I can read him at all.  He apparently always thinks I'm scummy.  I've only barely seen him in play, he died night-1 in XII and hosted XVII.  I don't really count BMV (and wouldn't here anyways since he had a post restriction).  XI I was scum, so I wasn't really analyzing him, but I wasn't going to try to push a case on him.  For what it's worth, I don't care for the self-pity...I lost every game before XVII, and was essentially the cause of the loss in VIII and XII by picking up the first town-vote at lylo, drop the pity and try to help town more.

mcmcsalot: No meta.  He seems vaguely town.

shraeye: He seems his usual abrasive self.

raerae: I haven't really tried to read her before since she was IC.  This game, I've not got much read here.  Her posts are sort of intertwined in my mind with shraeye's (which seems reasonable regardless of alignment).

yuma: First to speak out in favor of Eevee.  (The following also applies to shraeye and raerae): I think the defense of Eevee is reasonable, since I think the case was made out to be stronger than it was.  I may still have a slight scum-read of Eevee, but defending people usually reads town-ish to me, since I do it as town.  I do recognize a tendency for scum to defend town for the town-cred, but the particular defenses of Eevee read townie to me rather than "I know this player is town and will defend them".

liopoil: He seems town to me.  Has all the markings of a new-player that rolled town in my mind.

sparky: he'll need to post something for me to have a read.  Obviously sparky often lurks a lot.  Does he usually post on weekends though?  Opening Friday night means that I'm willing to give a bigger pass for early-game lurking than usual...but I want to know if I should for any given specific case.

Well, that's what I've got so far after catching up from my last post last night.  Too many town-reads, but the game-day is still early.  I'm going to vote: sparky (this is apparently how I give people passes for early game lurking on the weekend).  Because I'd like to hear him post, and I like to use my vote for reasons other than voting for my biggest scum-read who is only a hair scummier than neutral.  This post lacks scumScores obviously, I'll try to get those in sometime later.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 05, 2013, 02:49:26 pm »

Vote Count 1.4

Galzria (1): Robz
Eevee (4): Cuzz, Ashersky, Robz888, Jimmmm,
Jimmmmm (1): Glooble

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch

Deadline is January 18 at 7:10 p.m., forum time.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 05, 2013, 02:51:39 pm »

Vote Count 1.4

I am not voting for Galzria.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 05, 2013, 02:51:55 pm »

And you missed theorel's vote on sparky.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 05, 2013, 02:54:59 pm »

Vote Count 1.5

Sparky (1): Theorel

Posting begets posting.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 05, 2013, 02:55:56 pm »

raerae: I haven't really tried to read her before since she was IC.  This game, I've not got much read here.  Her posts are sort of intertwined in my mind with shraeye's (which seems reasonable regardless of alignment).

I'm curious and a bit concerned about this.  Why do I get lumped in with shraeye? 

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 05, 2013, 02:55:59 pm »

Vote Count 1.4

I am not voting for Galzria.
When did you unvote, or move your vote?
Posting begets posting.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 05, 2013, 03:00:38 pm »

never mind, found it.
Posting begets posting.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 05, 2013, 03:01:08 pm »

Vote Count 1.6

Sparky (1): Theorel

Posting begets posting.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: January 05, 2013, 03:04:19 pm »

Prediction: SfS will have more posts than some of the players in this game.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 05, 2013, 03:08:20 pm »

Prediction: SfS will have more posts than some of the players in this game.
You obviously took #158 to heart.  I think.
Posting begets posting.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 05, 2013, 03:13:59 pm »

Alright, just reread over everything, and I'm gonna put my Vote: Cuzz out there for now. He has posted almost exclusively about the setup and offered no actual reads. More than that though, his early vote on Eevee for "buddying" may have only been RVS - but given the controversy surrounding Eevee since, I would've expected either an unvote, or a statement of support for his vote that (at least to me) read like a joke when made. And it isn't like he hasn't been active (well, he's got 8 posts in total, but 2 are RVS, and the other 6 are all just stating what's in the setup).

I just feel that Cuzz, more than anybody else, has been trying to score easy "town" points by talking about the setup without actually talking about the game.

Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 05, 2013, 03:15:09 pm »

Alright, just reread over everything, and I'm gonna put my Vote: Cuzz out there for now. He has posted almost exclusively about the setup and offered no actual reads. More than that though, his early vote on Eevee for "buddying" may have only been RVS - but given the controversy surrounding Eevee since, I would've expected either an unvote, or a statement of support for his vote that (at least to me) read like a joke when made. And it isn't like he hasn't been active (well, he's got 8 posts in total, but 2 are RVS, and the other 6 are all just stating what's in the setup).

I just feel that Cuzz, more than anybody else, has been trying to score easy "town" points by talking about the setup without actually talking about the game.

I think that's fair to say of Cuzz, and maybe worth a vote. But there are three people who have barely talked at all. And things are happening!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 05, 2013, 03:17:20 pm »

Now this looks like a case I could get behind. But it hasn't been that long, I'll hold off voting for a while still.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 05, 2013, 03:18:51 pm »

I think that's fair to say of Cuzz, and maybe worth a vote. But there are three people who have barely talked at all. And things are happening!

To the absolute "no-posters", I'm accepting the fact that: A) We started on the weekend, where it's often quiet, and B) We are scattered over many different timezones. I know I am really careful not to get on the "Yuma lurk" bandwagon, because I know that he's just not up when we are. If the "No-Posters" haven't said anything by, say, Monday night, they'll be looking to get my vote. For now that, I'm willing to give them a pass and focus on those that actually HAVE talked, and have said things that I find suspicious.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 05, 2013, 04:17:42 pm »

I have trouble with posting on Thursdays and Fridays usually. And it'll continue to be like that.

Eevee was eager with that first "I'm town!" post, the case on him has the merits of a D1 case. Good, but not superb. No one seems to be looking elsewhere though, I'm cautious that scum could be driving some of the wagon.

Jim softclaimed PR? If he was hated, would he have bolded instead, do not put me at L-1 without giving me a chance to claim? I know he mentioned it, but if it were the case I would have bolded that instead.

Newbies are just typical newbies imo, not a whole lot of content in their posts.

Now, jim saying that Eevee thought it was meh that Dsell was obvtown is a better case.

I'm currently wearing shorts.

Meh this doesn't add a whole lot, this is a slow start for me. I'll start being more involved once more posts come.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 05, 2013, 04:36:29 pm »

Meh this doesn't add a whole lot, this is a slow start for me. I'll start being more involved once more posts come.
More than 216? This was a crazy fast start.

What exactly are you waiting for?

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 05, 2013, 04:38:40 pm »

I meant for ME, not the game.

And that I can start being more involved now that I'm here.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 05, 2013, 04:41:19 pm »

I believe Eevee. It doesn't seem to me that Jimmmm's argument is very strong. For this reason I suspect Jimmmm. I'm also thinking that he might not be hated after all. I pretty much agree with everything Glooble as said; so I'm going to join him.

Vote: Jimmmm

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 05, 2013, 04:43:19 pm »

Is Jimmmmm around? 

Jimmmmm, what do you have to say about your Eevee argument being mostly killed?  Do you still stand by it or have other thoughts now?

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 05, 2013, 04:47:13 pm »

I don't actually find Jimmmm scummy here at all. I think this case seems like the kind of case town would make, even if the case is wrong.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 05, 2013, 04:51:34 pm »

It's the weekend, and I've been busy since Friday evening. This is a lot more activity for a Saturday than I'm used to. My vote on Eevee was total RVS unrelated to the current cases against him, which I don't really buy for the most part so Unvote.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 05, 2013, 05:33:32 pm »

Jimm taking this out of context is ridiculous, I guess its my mistake for not going over it enough myself, but really I had strong scum feeling toward someone because of an out of context exaggeration. This just seems like a very anti town play, there is no reason for town!jimm to start a scumhunt by tricking people.

What's ridiculous about taking something out of context, immediately specifically saying you're taking it out of context, and then in the next post dealing with the whole post? If someone else pointed out that I took it out of context sure, but I obviously wasn't trying to trick you with it. I was genuinely taking it as "It's bad that I didn't get a chance to clear myself", and when I was quoting it I realised that's not what it meant, so I made a note of that and came back to it later. As I'm sure you can understand, I didn't want there to be something that made my case fall apart, and although it isn't completely refuted (he did seem to say if he could have cleared himself he would have, even though that would have been unfortunate, and then later said he wouldn't), I'm a lot less convinced than I was before (which was like 50%).

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 05, 2013, 05:48:36 pm »

Nice amount if action for a weekend night.  Glad to come back to that.

I am okay with the Eevee wagon dying off, it served its purpose, I think, to get people talking.  Still leaning scummish on Eevs, but not enough to lynch at this point, given we have time.

So, vote: raerae.

This is an actual vote.  The tldr reason:  IIOA.

I welcome folks going back over the thread to focus on her.  I even gave her an opportunity to change.  Her posts fall into three categories: jokes, notations, and questions.

I do not subscribe to the jokes=scum theory that others do, so I pass on those.  I do think they are an easy way to up the post count, but it's clearly her personality, so whatever.

The second two, though, are much more scum-style postings.  When all you do is note other people's posts/opinions/votes without giving your own opinions and votes, and when you continually ask questions of other instead of answering those questions yourself, your are more likely to be mafia.  This is because you seem engaged but never actually have to take a stand.  The only time raerae engaged on a topic was when I said she was scummy sounding.

So that's the case on raerae, and is enough for me to vote.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 125  All

Page created in 2.164 seconds with 20 queries.