Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 7)  (Read 267186 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 7)
« Reply #3050 on: March 06, 2013, 10:07:27 pm »

so no one is really talking about my jtotheonah claim. I didn't see anything about it in the quicktopic during my skim... I think that while it was clever it probably cost me the game.

If I hadn't said that we probably would have headed into a no lynch just based off how everyone was feeling. If that had happened I had already said that I was going to NK Jimmmm... Although at that point perhaps Robz would have NK me knowing that I would be NKing someone (the difference here is that I hadn't locked myself into using the LR last night after I made the jtotheonah claim). But maybe Robz would have NK lio instead and we could have both won.

Regardless it was a very fun claim to make.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: March 06, 2013, 10:13:29 pm »

If I thought for sure you were going to shoot, I would have shot you. But ultimately I thought your little LR PM stunt made it so you wouldn't be shooting.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: March 06, 2013, 10:15:34 pm »

If I thought for sure you were going to shoot, I would have shot you. But ultimately I thought your little LR PM stunt made it so you wouldn't be shooting.

exactly... well that makes me feel better. To know I was doomed either way.

And Jimmmmmmmmm what would you have done if you had more time? Your delay was seriously giving me panic attacks. I really wanted and thought you might be able to persuade lio to vote robz... but you didn't do anything all day long!!! Seriously your work and school schedule took years (well maybe days or weeks...) off my life.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: March 06, 2013, 10:21:06 pm »

The one thing I was sure of was that you wouldn't shoot me, since you needed to get me lynched. So that was a relief.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: March 06, 2013, 10:21:47 pm »

I totally lost the game for town by letting yuma talk me out of lynching Robz.  (even though he later tried to talk me back into it).
What's funny is that I found yuma's claim suspicious (especially when he pre-empted his lie about why the LR was going to fail (i.e. role-blocker targeting him specifically)), but then I dismissed it because 1. stupidest claim ever (glad yuma agrees), and 2. easy to tell he's scum by the next day.  So, I let that ambivalence about his alignment turn into trust which ultimately led to me as IC pushing town towards a Dsell lynch when we just should have lynched Robz.

I'm also done with multi-ball.  So I will officially only play in games of 15 or less players with a single scum-team...and only one at a time.  (Note: I'm counting BSG as a mafia-type game...so I won't be in any mafia games until that finishes.)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: March 06, 2013, 10:23:45 pm »

The one thing I was sure of was that you wouldn't shoot me, since you needed to get me lynched. So that was a relief.

Oh I thought about it... For the few moments I thought you might be scum... and during the times when I despaired of even having a chance of winning, so might as well go down in flames right? But ultimately I did nothing...

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: March 06, 2013, 10:27:24 pm »

Oh and I should explain why I didn't want to lynch lio... what day was that day4? That was because I realized that for me to have a better shot of there not being a NK and justifying my use of LR that night (which would have been totally awesome as both cops would have thought I had used my LR and would have proclaimed me as an IC because they would have thought their investigations targeted me) I needed town to lynch the "last" remaining MU player. I knew that it couldn't be lio so I scrambled to try and get someone else lynched. Robz or mcmc obviously would have been better than dsell, but at that point I just didn't want lio to be lynched.

But even if I had been successful it wouldn't have mattered because there was 6 stinking scum in this game!

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: March 06, 2013, 10:33:10 pm »

jotheonah was telling us who we investigated with results, so that wouldn't have worked, even if there had only been 1 MU and we had lynched him.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: March 06, 2013, 10:36:04 pm »

jotheonah was telling us who we investigated with results, so that wouldn't have worked, even if there had only been 1 MU and we had lynched him.

oh... that is super lame.... well I would have argued that just because joth said you "investigated" A doesn't mean that my LR didn't bounce to me and it was my alignment that you had learned. But you probably wouldn't have believed it.

Oh and what is with having 1-shot LR as a scum role... I know I had bus driver as well, but who would even consider using 1-shot LR? I mean what purpose could it possibly have that scum would want to use?

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: March 06, 2013, 10:40:22 pm »

oh... that is super lame.... well I would have argued that just because joth said you "investigated" A doesn't mean that my LR didn't bounce to me and it was my alignment that you had learned. But you probably wouldn't have believed it.

Oh and what is with having 1-shot LR as a scum role... I know I had bus driver as well, but who would even consider using 1-shot LR? I mean what purpose could it possibly have that scum would want to use?
Oh! I didn't realize you actually were a 1-shot LR...

Well roles were independent of alignment, right?  And might be negative-utility.  So, it doesn't have a use for scum, but it could have been useful for town.  Basically, you just got the wrong alignment for it to be useful.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3060 on: March 06, 2013, 10:42:17 pm »

Oh! I didn't realize you actually were a 1-shot LR...

Well roles were independent of alignment, right?  And might be negative-utility.  So, it doesn't have a use for scum, but it could have been useful for town.  Basically, you just got the wrong alignment for it to be useful.

and I don't know about that... I mean all the scummy roles were in the hands of scum... rolecop, roleblocker, bus driver... all scummy roles. I thought about claiming bus driver. But I am sure you all would have just screamed "scum!!!!" and lynched me quick as lightning.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: March 06, 2013, 10:55:55 pm »

And Jimmmmmmmmm what would you have done if you had more time? Your delay was seriously giving me panic attacks. I really wanted and thought you might be able to persuade lio to vote robz... but you didn't do anything all day long!!! Seriously your work and school schedule took years (well maybe days or weeks...) off my life.

I would like to think that I would have realised you were both scum, but really I think you would have won. My not doing anything was pretty much IRL-based, sorry.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: March 06, 2013, 10:57:09 pm »

I would like to think that I would have realised you were both scum, but really I think you would have won. My not doing anything was pretty much IRL-based, sorry.

That isn't what I wanted to hear, cause now I am mad at you...

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: March 06, 2013, 10:59:22 pm »

You can't be mad at him! In the end he lost to his wincon too! Just 'cause he wasn't able to help you meet yours (which still would've cost him his!) Isn't exactly fair... ;)
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: March 06, 2013, 11:01:49 pm »

You can't be mad at him! In the end he lost to his wincon too! Just 'cause he wasn't able to help you meet yours (which still would've cost him his!) Isn't exactly fair... ;)

hey I have to place the blame somewhere... I am certainly not going to take the blame for losing. I played the perfect game and am blameless.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: March 06, 2013, 11:12:26 pm »

hey I have to place the blame somewhere... I am certainly not going to take the blame for losing. I played the perfect game and am blameless.

You know what the worst part for me was? Knowing instantly when I "woke up dead" that you were scum, but having failed to mention to my teammates the previous night that my death was a surefire indicator of that.

Why? Because I didn't think I played a bad D1. I thought I did a great job of separating myself and my teammates. But there was one thing that stood out to me. One. And that is... That while I was a little bit quieter than normal (as noted I would be before the game began)... You in particular kept asking me if my "reread" was done yet (I don't recall on whom... Might have been mcmc? Irrelevant). And every time I came back to the game I was like "nah, I don't feel like doing it. I'll just talk about what is current". And every single time you would come back with "did you get around to the reread?".

I knew that you were the only person that would find me overly suspicious. And I knew that if I died it was because you talked your team into it. And I didn't say a word about it to my teammates.

And at every juncture when it seemed like you were about to win (and oh yes, there were many, especially D6), I sat there cursing myself over and over. Every time Robz deliberated over who the last scum was I died a little (more) inside.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: March 06, 2013, 11:13:38 pm »

good

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: March 06, 2013, 11:19:41 pm »

although truth be told I didn't really have that much of a scum read on you... I mean I felt you were playing differently for sure, but I actually believed your RL claim, which as you say was very real.

But really that night kill should have been theorel. Unfortuanetly for our team I don't think we would have ever realized that ash was the cop.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: March 06, 2013, 11:23:26 pm »

One thing that my brother I did pretty well was absolutely, positively nail Munch as Glooble's buddy. "This one's for Galz" we thought as we murdered Munch.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: March 06, 2013, 11:24:47 pm »

FWIW, I had copped Glooble.

1-Shot Roleblocker would've been enough to make him our N2 kill, I think.

Mafia Record:

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: March 06, 2013, 11:31:07 pm »

FWIW, I had copped Glooble.

1-Shot Roleblocker would've been enough to make him our N2 kill, I think.

Oh, I forgot all about that. Interesting.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: March 06, 2013, 11:34:12 pm »

One thing that my brother I did pretty well was absolutely, positively nail Munch as Glooble's buddy. "This one's for Galz" we thought as we murdered Munch.

yes that was absolutely devastating... when I saw that my jaw just dropped and I felt like the game was over for me...

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: March 06, 2013, 11:46:17 pm »

yes that was absolutely devastating... when I saw that my jaw just dropped and I felt like the game was over for me...

I investigated him that night, too.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: March 07, 2013, 12:06:48 am »

I do apologize if people found the game unfun or unfair. I had a great time modding and spectating, but I also totally grock yuma's frustration. I appreciate you all playing, mad props to raerae for stepping up to mod stuff, Jorbles and Glooble for flavor suggestions, and everybody for sticking with this crazy game. I'm done modding for a little while I think, but when I make my triumphant return it will be with some good ideas and an always improving sense of balance.

The obvious choice for MVP is Robz, but I need to think about it. All 3 of the Lylo survivors got there by playing really well.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: March 07, 2013, 12:14:16 am »

If the game wasn't completely balanced, it was certainly within the realm of balanced. Things did come down as close as they possible could.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 19 queries.