Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Feodum/Salvager  (Read 2064 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
Feodum/Salvager
« on: January 05, 2013, 09:56:51 pm »

This is an awesome combo.  I had been kinda "meh" on Feodum for a while, but Salvager can really throw lots of Silver in your deck.  The AI took all the Duchies (and then some), and I took all but one of the Feoda (one got popped open).  I won by a considerable margin.

http://dominionlogs.goko.com//20130105/log.505c6195a2e6c78ad2ed5a99.1357440840252.txt
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Jerk of All trades

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +38
    • View Profile
Re: Feodum/Salvager
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 06:08:19 pm »

Feodum seems to be much more powerful against bots/AI.

If every other player in the game ignores feodum. Any trash for benefit card + feodum becomes extremely powerful.  It's very easy to get 4+ 6 point feodum + lots of duchies and a province or 2. with your 18 silvers.

However if 2 people compete for them they become much less powerful.

Most bot AI is so bad that you can win by piling silk road or feodum and a few other greens. Same with going duke/duchy

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 06:13:14 pm »

Feodum seems to be much more powerful against bots/AI.

If every other player in the game ignores feodum. Any trash for benefit card + feodum becomes extremely powerful.  It's very easy to get 4+ 6 point feodum + lots of duchies and a province or 2. with your 18 silvers.

However if 2 people compete for them they become much less powerful.

Most bot AI is so bad that you can win by piling silk road or feodum and a few other greens. Same with going duke/duchy

Those are good strategies.  Of course a Feodum is worth less when contested.  But if you weren't contesting them, then your opponent would snatch them all uncontested.  Similarly Silk Road rushes and Duke slogs are solid strategies.
Well you *do* need a signature...

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 07:09:13 pm »

Even better is opening Watchtower/Watchtower on a Feodum board.

Jerk of All trades

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +38
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 07:34:22 pm »

I really dont think SR rushes, or duke works without one of the major enablers (horse traders, store room etc).

However I've found that in Bot games, silver+ feodum, or silver silkroad based games wins almost every time.  If the BM bots were smart enough to steal a few SRs or feodums it would fall apart.

But I have very little experience playing against players being more reactive.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.