Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Catacombs - as bad as Explorer?  (Read 7211 times)

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3671
    • View Profile
Re: Catacombs - as bad as Explorer?
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2013, 01:19:57 am »
+1

I don't think the attack on Rabble actually does much to make it enginey.  Envoy and Smithy can rarely compete with Village strategies these days, so Rabble's attack's stackiness doesn't matter much.

Whaaaaaaat?!!?

You are crazy. Rabble attack stacking destroys big money.

My point was, Smithy stacking usually finds a way to destroy big money -anyway-.  Most BM smithy boards lack a village altogether.

But I still disagree with the point you're making. Village/Smithy needs a bit of help to beat just smithy/BM. Village/Rabble needs a lot less help to beat rabble/BM. The attack really does add a lot.

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3413
    • View Profile
Re: Catacombs - as bad as Explorer?
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2013, 02:17:22 am »

I don't think the attack on Rabble actually does much to make it enginey.  Envoy and Smithy can rarely compete with Village strategies these days, so Rabble's attack's stackiness doesn't matter much.

Whaaaaaaat?!!?

You are crazy. Rabble attack stacking destroys big money.

My point was, Smithy stacking usually finds a way to destroy big money -anyway-.  Most BM smithy boards lack a village altogether.

But I still disagree with the point you're making. Village/Smithy needs a bit of help to beat just smithy/BM. Village/Rabble needs a lot less help to beat rabble/BM. The attack really does add a lot.
Especially in the end game where forcing your opponent to shuffle more often is about as hurtful as leaving a Province on top. I mean, even if you discard 3 Coppers, your opponent is 3 cards closer to shuffling that fresh Duchy into his deck.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 1.64 seconds with 20 queries.