Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Tournament + Feodum  (Read 2110 times)

Destierro

• Bishop
  • Respect: +49
    • View Profile
Tournament + Feodum
« on: January 02, 2013, 11:04:40 pm »

I just got beaten fairly badly on a board with tournament. It appears that trusty steed + feodum is absurdly good, considering it raises your average deck money as well as raising the value of each individual feodum.

It got me thinking, what else combos with feodum? Is there anything that can gain silvers as fast as tournament into trusty steed?

Tdog

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +133
    • View Profile
Re: Tournament + Feodum
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 11:09:36 pm »

The normal workshop/ironworks/armory will work. As would explorer, but that's more expensive so I think less viable.

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 11:16:42 pm »

I still do not own Dark Ages and Iso does not have it as well, but my belief is that Trader would be faster than anything else to get you lots of Silvers. Trader with some good +Buy especially. I played Wharf+Trader recently and did not need any Golds to buy 7 Provinces. I do not have the log, but I imagine Feodums in that game would easily be worth more VP than Provinces in my deck.

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 11:35:12 pm »

I have played a lot of games with Feodum and found it quite strong with basically anything that can gain Silver, so my answer is "it combos with most Silver gain."  Beggar is great for it if your opponent is playing lots of attacks.  Trader's awesome, Squire is maybe the best besides Trusty Steed.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 11:46:07 pm »

However, I find that often if you go Provinces and contest the Feodum player, the player for Provinces often wins, or it is very close. Except in the case of Trader. Feodum loves Trader. 

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3413
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 02:31:30 am »

However, I find that often if you go Provinces and contest the Feodum player, the player for Provinces often wins, or it is very close. Except in the case of Trader. Feodum loves Trader.
Trashing a Feodum for 7 Silvers is fun, but can be costly.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 04:03:15 am »

That is why you should never trash your Feodum to a Trader unless you are allowed to get Feodum uncontested. But, even then...

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3413
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 05:30:21 am »

That is why you should never trash your Feodum to a Trader unless you are allowed to get Feodum uncontested. But, even then...
Well, I didn't say it was useful, just fun. :) I'd love to Trader a Colony though, but a hand of 5 Silvers isn't enough to buy one.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 08:30:14 am »

Well, I didn't say it was useful, just fun. :) I'd love to Trader a Colony though, but a hand of 5 Silvers isn't enough to buy one.

There are some cards that you could throw in a Trader strategy that may eventually give you a Colony with some luck (Haven and Courtyard come to mind). In any case, who would pursue a Trader strategy in a Colony game? Maybe a 4p Mountebank slog?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.344 seconds with 21 queries.