Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: What's the right play on a Develop/Forge/Peddler/Platinum board?  (Read 1236 times)

catsclaw

• Golem
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
What's the right play on a Develop/Forge/Peddler/Platinum board?
« on: December 30, 2012, 10:41:34 am »

I never had a handle on this game.  I figured I'd buy Tactician and Markets and use them to buy out the Peddlers.  It didn't even occur to me you could Develop the Forge into Peddlers and Nobles, but even then it seems kind of slow.  Thoughts?

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201212/30/game-20121230-073705-238b3f61.html

KingsSkort

• Thief
  • Respect: +88
    • View Profile
Re: What's the right play on a Develop/Forge/Peddler/Platinum board?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 11:50:25 pm »

T13 and T15 both really need to be double colonies

catsclaw

• Golem
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 04:59:56 pm »

I don't have turn 15 without turn 13.  I won't be able to buy double colonies on the second turn, and my whole deck would be slower as well.

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 05:09:24 pm »

There are a number of ways to go about this but if you opened pawn/silver, bought another pawn and a tactician on turns 3 and 4, then you're set up to buy peddlers or a forge on the tactician turn. Once you've got a tactician, forge, and peddlers you have all your options open for the mid and end game.

In one sense, develop isn't such a bad opening since you can buy pawns as you develop your deck. However with no four cost card in kingdom I think you might be better forging the estates+coppers and only developing high cost cards as part of a late game flourish.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 05:10:48 pm by DG »

KingsSkort

• Thief
  • Respect: +88
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 09:46:38 am »

I don't have turn 15 without turn 13.  I won't be able to buy double colonies on the second turn, and my whole deck would be slower as well.

You didn't buy double colonies on the second turn either. Also, it's not clear what would have happened on T15 if you buy double colonies on T13, because you have a cellar to sift through green. (And you don't really need to reduce your handsize by 2 to trash a copper at that juncture.)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.849 seconds with 20 queries.