Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Crazy Comback  (Read 624 times)

eliegel34

• Golem
  • Respect: +146
    • View Profile
Crazy Comback
« on: December 29, 2012, 04:57:38 pm »
+1

I lost the Curse war 6/4 to start the game.  From there I continued to build an engine with a horrible deck that never seemed to improve.  My opponent went roughly BM Witch, and was up 28 to -3, and with 2 piles empty was looking to empty one of a few that were down to 4 copies.  We are 27 turns in and I still haven't been able to buy any green. Finally my engine kicked into gear, a lot stronger than I expected. 

I was sure I had lost this game.  I opened Potion/Herbalist, which is a little questionable with Witch out there.  I figured an early Apothecary would get me to witch fast enough, and the extra cycling would help.  My plan was to get a few Apothecarys and try and split the Curses fairly evenly.  After that I wanted to get Native Villages and use those with Apothecary to put only Curses/Green on my NV mat.  Next I wanted to transition out of this with Scrying Pool to draw my whole deck.  Finally I was hoping to end the game with one of several options Scrying Pool/Vault to discard actions and draw them all back with 1 SP, Horn of Plenty Megaturn, or just some sort of Haggler/Fairgrounds play. 

The Native Village "Trashing" was very slow but it did clean up my deck in a set with now other trashing.  I was able to eventually put all of my Curses/Green on the mat.  Once I got that I started to draw my deck and was able to run away with it.  I really thought for most of this game that this would be to slow, but it sound really fun, and I was determined to stick to it.  This ended up being one of the most fun games I've played in ages!

Apothecary, Fairgrounds, Haggler, Harem, Herbalist, Horn of Plenty, Native Village, Potion, Scrying Pool, Vault, and Witch

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201212/29/game-20121229-133519-f4c90d16.html
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.306 seconds with 21 queries.