Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 49  All

Author Topic: Mafia XVIII: Major Arcana Mafia II (Werewolves win!)  (Read 114031 times)

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XVIII: Major Arcana Mafia II (Day 1! Deadline 1/9/13, 3 PM forums time)
« Reply #1025 on: January 14, 2013, 03:43:16 am »

Can I ask a theory/setup question?

I've never played a game with multiple bad guy factions before.  Looking at the card list, there's some listed "werewolf" which sounds cool, but is otherwise just a second mafia?  Also, if there are multiple factions, are they smaller than usual?
looooool here it is.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XVIII: Major Arcana Mafia II (Day 3! Deadline 1/10/13, 7 PM forum time)
« Reply #1026 on: January 14, 2013, 04:07:35 am »

And he's an sjlk. Bah!!!!
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XVIII: Major Arcana Mafia II (Day 3! Deadline 1/10/13, 7 PM forum time)
« Reply #1027 on: January 14, 2013, 04:07:59 am »

Back to print veiw

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: January 14, 2013, 09:31:02 am »

pretty sure:

Vote: Axxle

though don't know why ash made the long-ass explanation for Lekkit.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: January 14, 2013, 12:04:15 pm »

I mean, the only possible other solution is that Lekkit knew that ash and not Axxle are SK and than decided to suicide just so that SK could win and town lose.

That or both are scum and we lose anyway, but this is just bollocks.

Occam Razor and shit.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: January 14, 2013, 01:11:20 pm »

Have you even gone back and look at the evidence? We've lost so many games because town hasn't done that in the end game.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: January 14, 2013, 01:23:51 pm »

Vote Count

Axxle (2): Ashersky, Grujah (L-1)
Ashersky (1): Axxle

Not Voting: Shraeye
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: January 14, 2013, 02:45:36 pm »

Have you even gone back and look at the evidence? We've lost so many games because town hasn't done that in the end game.

Have you?

If you are town, that remark should be applied to you too.

Unless you think that "two team" remark by ash is completely damning?

I said, there is an SK, and you think that Lekkit did suicide on basis:
a) he wanted town to lose, even if he looses too
b) he KNEW that ash is SK and not you

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: January 14, 2013, 02:50:04 pm »

Have you?

If you are town, that remark should be applied to you too.

Unless you think that "two team" remark by ash is completely damning?

I said, there is an SK, and you think that Lekkit did suicide on basis:
a) he wanted town to lose, even if he looses too
b) he KNEW that ash is SK and not you
I don't really need to, it's process of elimination for me, since you masons aren't scum or we'd have already lost.  I *am* trying to go through so I can persuade you but that's not too much fun.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: January 14, 2013, 02:55:55 pm »

And yeah, that remark I pulled up earlier doesn't work since ash has to be an sk.  I forgot that last night.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: January 14, 2013, 03:05:48 pm »

Hey, awake and the game didn't end.  Will be available fully in about an hour, but:

And yeah, that remark I pulled up earlier doesn't work since ash has to be an sk.  I forgot that last night.

If so, why did your first post of the day still insinuate there was a WW?  Your whole I doctored the WW kill thing?

Your are grasping for straws at this point, just making things up and changing your story around because you are fully caught.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: January 14, 2013, 03:18:38 pm »

Hey, awake and the game didn't end.  Will be available fully in about an hour, but:

If so, why did your first post of the day still insinuate there was a WW?  Your whole I doctored the WW kill thing?

Your are grasping for straws at this point, just making things up and changing your story around because you are fully caught.

Yeah, actually, that
"I doctored the WW kill" is like saying you are SK.

If you [Axxle] really expected 2 kills tonight (which you did, since you said that one is missing) that would mean that there are both WW and SK alive, according to you. I know that shra and I are town, which means you are 100% scum.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: January 14, 2013, 03:22:56 pm »

You even argued that there is a WW left in later posts. You actually believing in WW this day - I cannot see any situation in which it makes you not scum.

I mean, with that, it is only whether ash is scum AS WELL, but then we already lost anyway (but to WW and not SK, which Lekkit claimed was his plan). If you, it sucks. But I think it is not so.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: January 14, 2013, 03:25:38 pm »

Though, my god, some ash's posts read so scummy (first post of today esp).

But reason says that you fucked up, Axxle.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: January 14, 2013, 03:30:47 pm »

I was expecting a WW kill after Lekkit's outburst last night, so I thought I doctored it.  I wasn't thinking clearly, as there weren't enough people left to perform all the kills. 

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: January 14, 2013, 03:37:07 pm »

The day opened when I was drinking, I kept reverting to being certain ash was WW.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: January 14, 2013, 03:46:20 pm »

I am the LAST person you should try to sell the "I was drunk" argument.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: January 14, 2013, 04:47:01 pm »

I'm guessing you did that as scum before?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: January 14, 2013, 05:39:40 pm »

I'm guessing you did that as scum before?

Yup. Was drunk, made an insane fakeclaim (of doctor) without reading the thread (in which, Cuzz claimed doctors as well) and by chance, it turned out that my claim was actually possible (Only possible setup where there are 2 doctors would have to have a JK as well, and it turned out that there was one, unknown to me). Frisk argued, that even drunk, I wouldn't fakeclaim without re-reading, or do such an insane claim. He was wrong. Then steamrolled the town :P

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XVIII: Major Arcana Mafia II (Day 1! Deadline 1/9/13, 3 PM forums time)
« Reply #1044 on: January 14, 2013, 05:45:01 pm »

Okay, ZMX fire put out, back here.  Check out this D1 gem from Axxle.  Fairly certain it's the first mention of an SK during the game at all, at post #233.  And it's in response to...nothing about SKs?

Don't have full access but. I'm the wizard (major arcana) I'm claimin because out of Galz/robz/Eevee one of them has a qt. thus I am now claiming two are town and one is not. I don't have full access unfortunately so I can't fill claim but I'm major arcana there might be a doctor so mafia wifom etc.

Based on responses I think Galz is most likely scum but I need town help

I am the wizard
Ah, sure.  SK is a possibility but much more unlikely then.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: January 14, 2013, 05:53:50 pm »

Finished re-reading D1.  I was specifically looking at why Axxle killed Voltgloss.  Here Voltgloss really starts up the SK talk.

I am here now, phoneposting.  That was about 250 posts while I was asleep.  Went to bed before Eevee's claim and missed all the ensuing hijinks.

I am mulling further on my commute, but one thing that stands out to me as weird is Eevee's reluctance to claim.  If he were the "ordinary" bulletproof townie, I don't see why he wouldn't claim that at this juncture.  We know he's bulletproof - he would just be confirming what we already know.

So this has me concerned that Eevee is either the WW-immune SK, or a Major Arcana with bulletproof.  If Major, then his alignment is a big question mark.

Here, Voltgloss asks for SK theory/confirmation:

Hmm.

Well first off, that is a very detailed full claim.  Doesn't feel fake.  Insom could be lying about his alignment, but I expect his role works as he says it does.

One thing to confirm:  Insom, if a player is a Serial Killer, then I assume you wouldn't see them as having a QT, right?  (As Death in Major Arcana I, I was classified as a Serial Killer and I did not have a QT.)

I am not following why Robz's desire to claim early gives him town points.  As scum Dayvig, he could have been looking for the best target Day 1 just in case he wound up being the Day 1 lynch. 

PPE:  Insom, so I am clear:  are you suggesting Galz's comment that "if Robz hits scum he gets to live" is basically a scumslip that Robz could have hit scum if he had targeted right (i.e., picked Galz)?

PPE #2:  Galz, what the hell with the self-vote, man.  If you are town, I am just not comprehending how that is pro-town.

And here Volt reminds folks he was SK in the previous game.

@Volt RE SK: If for some reason the serial killer has a qt I would see it, if they do not I would not.

OK.  So for what it's worth, let me reiterate:  I was SK in the first Major Arcana game, and I did not have a QT.  I would expect, more likely than not, that cayvie would follow the same approach in this game.

He was clearly a threat to Axxle.  The funny thing is, Axxle literally never posts for the latter half of D1.  He comes in after hammer with a one-liner about one-liners.  He read enough to know Voltgloss could hurt his chances as an SK, though.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: January 14, 2013, 06:06:23 pm »

That's not why I killed Voltgloss...

... oh wait.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: January 14, 2013, 06:09:08 pm »

That's not why I killed Voltgloss...

... oh wait.

Are you still claiming to be the doctor?

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: January 14, 2013, 06:28:55 pm »

Yes.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: January 14, 2013, 06:30:26 pm »

@ash -

that is why ANY SK might want to kill Volt, not why specifically Axxle SK might want to kill Volt. That argument sucks.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.