Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 49  All

Author Topic: Mafia XVIII: Major Arcana Mafia II (Werewolves win!)  (Read 113884 times)

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile

Alright, you want me to claim now, right Galz?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

Yep
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile

Ok.

I am the Eight of Cups, so a Roleblocker! My alignment is of course Town. I cheered when Mafia Roleblocker was killed, so then I couldn't be counterclaimed. Though I guess I still could, if scum wants to play that gambit.

N1: I targeted Galz. It was really in between him and Eevee. I assumed that Eevee was the Bulletproof Townie, so I didn't want to Roleblock him. So I chose Galz. Somehow, the Roleblock failed (cayvie did say she received my action though), so either Voltgloss Roleblocked me, I got redirected somehow, or some weird MA madness.

N2: I targeted Axxle. I was planning on roleblocking one of the Wands (yuma, ashersky, or Axxle). I didn't want to Roleblock yuma because he seemed pretty towny, didn't think ashersky was scum, he had the same thinking about Eevee as I did, and Axxle I thought was being slightly suspicious. So I roleblocked him.

This is also why he is my top scum read.

No SK last night means one of 2 things.

1. SK hit yuma's Ninja Doctoring.

2. I roleblocked Axxle, and since he is a SK, the kill failed.

Or I guess there is a 3rd option:

3. SK didn't shoot. But I find this unlikely to be honest.

This is why I thought Axxle was obvscum, SK to be exact. But then I thought about it some more and realized 'Well yuma's a Doctor, SK could have hit him'. So Axxle isn't necessarily obvscum anymore, but he still is my top scum read given their still is the likelihood of him being the SK. So that's why, Lekkit and Grujah.

--

I've realized there is nothing really to varify my claims. Galz's shooting still worked, and Axxle is apparently a VT, so the Roleblock wouldn't do anything. Nonetheless, I really am the Roleblocker. Lekkit/Grujah will probably call this a fakeclaim, but it's the truth, whether you believe it or not.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile

N1: I targeted Galz. It was really in between him and Eevee. I assumed that Eevee was the Bulletproof Townie, so I didn't want to Roleblock him. So I chose Galz. Somehow, the Roleblock failed (cayvie did say she received my action though), so either Voltgloss Roleblocked me, I got redirected somehow, or some weird MA madness.

You mean because Galz had a strongman kill?

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile

Woah! Strongman goes through Roleblock?!

I've always thought it was only Doctoring/Bulletproof. Learn something new everyday. I guess that means Galz really was obvtown from the start of D2!

Btw, I forgot to mention this, but at the beginning of day 2, when I was acting all weird about Galz not being obvtown, it was because of the Roleblocking. But if Strongman really does goes through Roleblocking, than that makes much more sense than Voltgloss roleblocking me.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile

I've always thought it was only Doctoring/Bulletproof. Learn something new everyday. I guess that means Galz really was obvtown from the start of D2!

Btw, I forgot to mention this, but at the beginning of day 2, when I was acting all weird about Galz not being obvtown, it was because of the Roleblocking. But if Strongman really does goes through Roleblocking, than that makes much more sense than Voltgloss roleblocking me.

Well cayvie doesn't like to spell the details of roles out totally, but from mafiscum:

"Strongman is a role modifier that signifies that any kills performed by this player cannot be blocked by any means - neither by Bulletproof, nor by Doctor or other protective roles, nor by Roleblocks. It is, however, trumped by roles that prevent the victim from being targeted at all, namely Commuter and Hider."

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile

Well cayvie doesn't like to spell the details of roles out totally, but from mafiscum:

"Strongman is a role modifier that signifies that any kills performed by this player cannot be blocked by any means - neither by Bulletproof, nor by Doctor or other protective roles, nor by Roleblocks. It is, however, trumped by roles that prevent the victim from being targeted at all, namely Commuter and Hider."
Aw, thanks! That whole Roleblocking thing makes so much more sense now.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile

If Arch was truly confused about how roleblocking Galz would resolve, his behavior D2 makes a little more sense (ie his reluctance to treat Galz as obvtown and Eevee as obvscum).

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

Yes. I couldn't even be redirected. As Cayvie said N1 when I went to shoot Ins: "Strong man is STRONG in this game" - I'm not even positive that a Lightning Rod would pull me away.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

Shraeye is due up next to claim.

Mafia Record:

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Well, I'll just do it for both of us, as I am next anyway.

Shra and I are Masons.

We did breadcrumb this.
In my first few posts, I've made sure everybody is spellchecked, except few things that are intentionally misspelled.
Those are:
Here are the ones I caught (#ofpost, words)
(#56 slef, helishly)
(#67 Rol)
(#69 Archtype)
(#149 Eeve)
(#151 yuo, Evee)

You can check it if you want, it spells shraeye.

One of big shra's post D1, had this as a first paragraph. It only had 6 misspellings, all in one paragraph, spelling Grujah:

"About Gazlria and Yuma,
Yuma's vote was clearly done out of principle, at least that's how I rread it. I don't like people who have suspected yuma on this stance because it sounded 'forced'. Uin my experience with these stand-on-principle type arguments, they will always sound a bit forced, because someone is jsut trying to make a point that self-voting itself is what is bad, but Yuma isn't really commenting on Galzria's alingmemt despite his vote for Galz. I find it a bit interesting that Galzria is reacting somewhat nonchalantly to what I think is a poor reason to vote for someone. This makes me a bit suspicious, but not heavlily enough for me to have a serious scumread on Galz."

Also, during D1 (maybe even later) whenever we made any lists of player, we put the other one on top.
You can see it in shra's post from which the just mentioned paragraph is taken from, and I had 2 posts - one where I call out lurkers and one where I discuss each person individually D1.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Both are 4, a cup and a sword.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

@Arch - that makes sense.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile

I would have never even noticed those breadcrumbs. I noticed the misspellings, but I thought you were just drunk.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

I would have never even noticed those breadcrumbs. I noticed the misspellings, but I thought you were just drunk.

Ha!

Mafia Record:

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

I have to step up the game every time  ;)

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile

Looks like Lekkit's next. Really interested in what he has to say.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile

Both are 4, a cup and a sword.
Thanks Grujah, I was in transit and couldn't answer.  Right now my biggest scumread is really nonexistant, my holiday efforts have been put towards too many things other than this game.  This game is due for a reread coming this weekend.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

This claim stuff has slowed the game down to a crawl. Yeah, we have 5 moer days, but still.. hurry up and get this done so we can continue with arguing.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile

I hope to be able to reread Ash today. Will be somewhat vla after lunch (my time) today and should be back on monday.

Could be a little while...

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile

I hope to be able to reread Ash today. Will be somewhat vla after lunch (my time) today and should be back on monday.

Could be a little while...
Ugh, should we just jump down to sparky? It does give Lekkit extra room to lie if he's scum, but there's nothing else we can do. We have to have everyone claim by the end of the day.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

I'm not worried, and no, I don't want to jump. According the the OP, we have 2 week deadlines, and this game day began on the 2nd. That means we have until the 19th (someone correct me if this is wrong). Yes, it may mean stalling if he doesn't check in until Monday, but I'm also not going to let scum slide by with a free and "safe" claim after everybody else has. Lekkit goes next.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

I'm not worried, and no, I don't want to jump. According the the OP, we have 2 week deadlines, and this game day began on the 2nd. That means we have until the 19th (someone correct me if this is wrong). Yes, it may mean stalling if he doesn't check in until Monday, but I'm also not going to let scum slide by with a free and "safe" claim after everybody else has. Lekkit goes next.

2 + 14 = 16, not 19. <--- Iz Bad With Maths.

Mafia Record:

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile

For some reason, I thought we were almost out of time.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Thread title doesn't agree:
Deadline 1/10/13
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 49  All

Page created in 2.118 seconds with 20 queries.