Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 49  All

Author Topic: Mafia XVIII: Major Arcana Mafia II (Werewolves win!)  (Read 109897 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XVIII: Major Arcana Mafia II (Day 1! Deadline 1/9/13, 3 PM forums time)
« Reply #350 on: December 28, 2012, 02:30:07 am »

Come on Galz, where's the self-vote? Let's see it, please.
And don't forget to bold it! /zing

(Kidding, don't do it.)

Why shouldn't he, if he is so convinced? Let's see it.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XVIII: Major Arcana Mafia II (Day 1! Deadline 1/9/13, 3 PM forums time)
« Reply #351 on: December 28, 2012, 02:32:21 am »

Once the town (sorry Robz, your voice counts for nothing here) decides on the below, I'll be happy to. Until then, there's little point arguing with scum attempting to goad along a lynch.

Cayvie, would the Ace of Wands be immune to the King of Swords?

yes

Then from my perspective:

Town!Robz would kill all iterations of Town!Eevee except Nine of Swords. But cannot both be town, so this does not work.

Scum!Robz can not kill Eevee if Eevee is the 5 of Swords (Town!Eevee), or the Ace of Swords (SK!Eevee).

There is no world where Eevee is scum, and Robz is town. Ergo from my perspective, it's proven that Robz is scum. The problem town faces, is that Eevee has a 50% chance of being a SK.

Town: I suggest we lynch Robz, and I'll still NK Eevee. This cannot be stopped. I believe the reason Eevee agreed to this earlier is that he's the Ace of Swords, and he knew that one of two things was true: Robz was scum, and would flip such, making me inclined not to shoot him, OR, Robz was town, meaning I was lying scum, and could not Strong-Man Big him. In either case, he was likely safe.

If town does not wish to follow this plan, I'm willing to lynch myself. You lose my NK, but you have one confirmed scum (Robz), and one likely in Eevee (although not guaranteed. I suggest he gets Copped).
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 28, 2012, 02:33:37 am »

Galzria, are you entirely discounting the possibility that Insomniac is scum just causing mayhem? I'm not entirely discounting it.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 28, 2012, 02:34:17 am »

If we lose a bulletproof townie and 2 town vigs before we realize he's scum, this was a ridiculous success.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 28, 2012, 02:34:30 am »

If we lose a bulletproof townie and 2 town vigs before we realize he's scum, this was a ridiculous success.

A success from Insomniac's perspective.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 28, 2012, 02:40:45 am »

I say don't do it. We lynch Robz and see his flip. If he's scum, then I guess Eevee's not a confirmed Townie and then Galzria is in the clear.

If he's Town, Eevee is an IC, and it doesn't matter what we suggest. Scum!Galzria will do whatever he wants, and then we lynch him tommorow. If he really is scum, he'll NK Eevee, eliminating our IC, and there's nothing we can do about it.

Question: (for cayvie ir whoever can help me understand this) is there a scum 1-shot Strongman Vigilante? Or is it just a Town 1-shot Strongman Vigilante?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 28, 2012, 02:42:24 am »

I say don't do it. We lynch Robz and see his flip. If he's scum, then I guess Eevee's not a confirmed Townie and then Galzria is in the clear.

If he's Town, Eevee is an IC, and it doesn't matter what we suggest. Scum!Galzria will do whatever he wants, and then we lynch him tommorow. If he really is scum, he'll NK Eevee, eliminating our IC, and there's nothing we can do about it.

Question: (for cayvie ir whoever can help me understand this) is there a scum 1-shot Strongman Vigilante? Or is it just a Town 1-shot Strongman Vigilante?

STOP. Will you just pay attention before you talk? Eevee is bulletproof. Galz can't kill him.

Your question is easily answered if you read the setup.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 28, 2012, 02:43:58 am »

Galzria, are you entirely discounting the possibility that Insomniac is scum just causing mayhem? I'm not entirely discounting it.
Neither am I. I mean, that's pretty luck of him if it's true. Hitting 2 Vigs and 1 Bulletproof? That some insane stuff right there.

But if he is scum, I don't think Wizard does what he said does anyway. The power itself sounds a bit wacky tbh, but I guess it's a Major Arcana, so it's supposed to be like that.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 28, 2012, 02:45:21 am »

STOP. Will you just pay attention before you talk? Eevee is bulletproof. Galz can't kill him.

A) You already hit Eevee, removing any Bullet-Proof he had unless he's a WW immune SK.

B) Even if you hadn't, my Strongman goes through everything.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 28, 2012, 02:48:35 am »

[/b]
I'm surprised you say that seeing how much you've supposedly 'forgotten' about the setup over the course of D1. It's a bit hypocritical if you ask me.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: December 28, 2012, 02:49:39 am »

His bulletproof is gone??? Why? It's not 1-shot bulletproof.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 28, 2012, 02:50:21 am »

I'm surprised you say that seeing how much you've supposedly 'forgotten' about the setup over the course of D1. It's a bit hypocritical if you ask me.

Quotes fixed.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 28, 2012, 02:51:18 am »

I'm reasonably happy with a Robz lynch at this point. If he flips Town, then that clears Eevee (correct me if I'm wrong, I suppose he could be some sort of Major role) and we turn to Galz/Insom, and if he flips scum that clears Eevee and Galz (unless Insom is scum).

Any non-Robz disagreements?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 28, 2012, 02:52:58 am »

Stop. Halt. Desist.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 28, 2012, 03:07:04 am »

cayvie, can we get some clarification on the Nine of Wands role?

According to the mafiascum wiki:

Bulletproof is a role modifier that allows a player to avoid being killed at Night.

Should we assume this extends to dayvigs as well?
Is there any reason not to assume it's not x-shot?

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 28, 2012, 03:11:47 am »

Normal Bulletproof is just 'Bulletproof X' If it's X-shot in anyway, it would read 'X-shot Bulletproof Y'. So yes, It should be safe to assume Eevee's Bulletproof ( if he isnt the serial killer) is unlimited. Double checking with cayvie wouldn't hurt though.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 28, 2012, 03:12:09 am »

I propose we wait for Insomniac to get online to clarify everything, then lynch Robz (hopefully see him flip scum), and see what happens. I havent claimed anything yet. In case Robz is town and Galz is scum, speculating my role and various outcomes seems stupid because we'd just be telling him what to do.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 28, 2012, 03:12:54 am »

I have clarified everything with cayvie and know my role though.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 28, 2012, 03:13:32 am »

Vote: Robz btw.

Sorry I've been a little absent this morning, lots of poker stuff happening.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 28, 2012, 03:13:59 am »

Normal Bulletproof is just 'Bulletproof X' If it's X-shot in anyway, it would read 'X-shot Bulletproof Y'. So yes, It should be safe to assume Eevee's Bulletproof ( if he isnt the serial killer) is unlimited. Double checking with cayvie wouldn't hurt though.
No clue if it would apply to dayvigs. You'd think it would.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 28, 2012, 03:14:31 am »

Stop. Halt. Desist.
What is this about?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 28, 2012, 03:20:26 am »

No clue if it would apply to dayvigs. You'd think it would.

You'd think so yes, but it only talks about night protection, and I'm assuming this is where we're getting our roles from when not specified here.

And I agree with waiting for Insom to weigh in before we lynch Robz.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 28, 2012, 03:23:24 am »

Stop. Halt. Desist.
What is this about?
No clue. I thought he was going to do some big reveal, but he's offline now.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 28, 2012, 03:29:29 am »

I would really like for Robz to flip scum too. Having Galzria as a confirmed townie is.. pretty good.

Also, I'd instruct some investigative tool to check Insomniac tonight. His role might be very powerful, so it would be extra useful to know if he is with town or not. Robz's suggestion of vigging him tonight is something I just cant understand.. he claimed a major arcana ffs! But if it was scum Robz being desperate, maybe I dont need to understand. Still, it's important to remember in a two scum team game he isn't a confirmed townie even if we catch scum with his intel. I actually don't think it tells anything of his alignment yet, although obviously finding scum for us is very pro town.

And Ins, the questions for you were a) what's your actual card b) what do you think of the developments and c) anything else you think you should claim about your role today before we lynch Robz?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 49  All

Page created in 1.356 seconds with 20 queries.