Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 49  All

Author Topic: Mafia XVIII: Major Arcana Mafia II (Werewolves win!)  (Read 109889 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XVIII: Major Arcana Mafia II (Day 1! Deadline 1/9/13, 3 PM forums time)
« Reply #300 on: December 28, 2012, 01:21:05 am »

EEVEE!

Robz, YOU WERE AT L-5. You are definitely being crazy, why not just post "guys, i'm here and want to talk" if you were worried enough people were magically going to appear and quicklynch you?

Here's what I saw:

Yeah, totally leaving out the scum dayvig + having said mum since then ... I'm warming to a Vote: Robz.

Dare I suggest trying to quickwagon him before he gets online to vig a townie? I think it's very likely he is scum..

Sweet let's do this. Everybody vote Robz quickly!

Dare I suggest trying to quickwagon him before he gets online to vig a townie? I think it's very likely he is scum..

If he's not, you understand that I'm shooting you, correct?

Not that I disagree, mind you. Vote: Robz even.

But unless Insomniac is lying scum (possible), then if Robz is town, and I'm town, you must be scum.

If, as I suspect, Robz flips scum, then I'll choose more carefully.

Vote: Robz

Users active in past 15 minutes, who are playing this game:
jotheonah, Galzria, Eevee, Lekkit, Jimmmmm, shraeye, ashersky

At that point, I stopped reading and vigged you.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XVIII: Major Arcana Mafia II (Day 1! Deadline 1/9/13, 3 PM forums time)
« Reply #301 on: December 28, 2012, 01:23:32 am »

You do realize that voting me is voting a provable power, since my shot cannot be blocked in any fashion. There's only 1 Strong-Man in the game, unlike Robz' role, which has both Town, and Scum options.

You're just going to do your team's scum kill or whatever. If Eevee's not scum and Insomniac is not lying, you are scum.

Faction kills can be blocked. I can not. /Whooooooosh! That's the sound of Robz magically not knowing the setup again! Convenient to forget when it doesn't suit him, it seems.

But who cares if you can be blocked or not? We don't know if anyone can or would block you (town-aligned or scum). So it's not like this ironclad defense, you understand? If your kill goes through, it doesn't confirm you as strongman.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 28, 2012, 01:23:40 am »

You do realize that voting me is voting a provable power, since my shot cannot be blocked in any fashion. There's only 1 Strong-Man in the game, unlike Robz' role, which has both Town, and Scum options.
Unvote

I think there are plenty of things you can do to make it look like a strongman kill if you gamble a bit.  I want to revote when I have more rest though.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 28, 2012, 01:24:56 am »

Looking at the setup there could only be two dayvigs, and one of them is a werewolf. Which basically leaves Robz with 50% chance of being a fuzzy dayvig rather than a towny one.
Everything is 50-50 by this logic, "either it happens or it doesnt happen". Robz's behavior and how he would play different roles (and Insomniac's intel) obviously matters a ton here.

Um, I'm a little confused.

Where is the Wizard?
It's speculated he means Magician.

I'm increasingly convinced that Robz is town and Galz is scum.

Then name my kill, and I promise you they'll wake up dead. Period.  (Yes, that was intentional)
This is a TERRIBLE plan.

Um, I'm a little confused.

Where is the Wizard?
It's speculated he means Magician.

I'm increasingly convinced that Robz is town and Galz is scum.
Why? The other way around for me, the plan we deviced just cornered Galz completely if he is scum..
Comment on this, Axxle? Why is Galzria scummier than Robz?

Beat up: Eevee

Sorry guys, you made me do this.
Derp. Admission of scumminess though?

Not at all. You flipping scum is the only way I can clear myself though.

I would have been happy to talk it over, but you seemed determine to quicklynch me while I was away instead.
Again, it wasnt like you had to vig someone asap because otherwise you would have been deprived a chance to speak your mind. Not at all.

Hold on hold on. Can I talk here before you quicklynch me? Jesus Christ.
Again, you were at L-8 at the time. So panicky!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 28, 2012, 01:26:00 am »

Robz, I dont think that's a reasonable town reaction.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 28, 2012, 01:27:25 am »

And even if you are town, at least we got Galzria cornered.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 28, 2012, 01:29:41 am »

And even if you are town, at least we got Galzria cornered.

You, Galz, Jo, Lekkit, and ashersky were voting for me. That's L-4, and then you specifically point out all the people not yet voting me who are online.

I mean look, I'm sorry, but if you don't me to react like that, don't suggest lynching me before I come back online.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 28, 2012, 01:30:26 am »

Although I think it's actually worked out for the best (sort of), because we know Galz is scum (well I know it, at least), and no one actually got mislynched or mis-vigged.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 28, 2012, 01:32:10 am »

Can we get a Robz lynch without me claiming?

I'm game. Vote: Robz. That vig was ridiculous.

Why was it ridiculous? Jo and Eevee plotted to kill me as fast as they could, before I could do anything. And since I know scum is Galz or Eevee (well, according to Insomniac), and Galz had not been counterclaimed, it seemed like shooting Eevee was the right thing to do.

Why? You were at freaking L-5. There weren't enough people around to quicklynch you. But you didn't hesitate. Why? Because if you're scum and already resigned to your fate, your best option is to shoot, and hope you find scum. If not, you were dead anyway. If you did find scum, then you got to live. It's win/win for your faction.

What really sold it as your faction not being town though was that you did this at L-5. Because here's the thing - let's assume for a moment you're town. You shoot Eevee, and - worst case - he flips town. Now you know I'm scum, but you're getting lynched. That's two town dead, and I get to use my claimed Vig before the town can lynch me.

Ah, but you're not town. Because if you were, the best thing to do would've been not shoot. Why? Because if I am scum and kill Eevee tonight, and he flips town, then I'm lynched tomorrow. That's a 2 to 1 trade instead of the above 3 to 1. If I'm scum, I can't kill town!Eevee without giving myself away. But if I don't, then I'm lynched for lying about my role. And that's a 1 to 1 trade. That ratio is only matched by town!Galzria shooting Scum!Eevee, which is what would've happened if you got lynched and flipped town.

See, your choosing to shoot, at L-5, had the single worst ratio of scum/town death rate if Eevee flipped town. Something Scum!Robz would attempt to take advantage of, but town!Robz would not. Your shot was simply ridiculous.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 28, 2012, 01:34:31 am »

Five votes follow in rapid succession. But no, it was Robz who wasn't willing to have a civil discussion!

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 28, 2012, 01:35:42 am »

Allright. Will be gone for 24 hours. If the day ends before that and I die during the night I think Robz is most likely to be scum. If he's not it's a toss-up between Ins/Galz/Eevee, but Im to tired to actually reread what theyve said and try to make anything out of it.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 28, 2012, 01:37:49 am »

See, your choosing to shoot, at L-5, had the single worst ratio of scum/town death rate if Eevee flipped town. Something Scum!Robz would attempt to take advantage of, but town!Robz would not. Your shot was simply ridiculous.

I didn't think Eevee would flip town! I thought I had a closing window before my lynch to take a free shot at a probscum.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 28, 2012, 01:38:08 am »

Woah woah woah! Lots happened!

Uhh ok. So Eevee's the Bulletproof guy. He's now an IC now? Cool, so that narrows it down to Robz and Galzria.

There's the scumdayvig and the towndayvig. Robz tries to pass himself off as the towndayvig, but the way he used it seemed like he was in a rush, and would be worried that he wouldn't be able to use his dayvig. Towndayvig wouldn't have had to worry about that. Vigginig is often a negative utility, so it's not too big of a deal if they got lynched without using their dayvig.

Galzria is supposedly the Strongman (?) Vigilante, right? Well that really sucks. If he's scum, he's going to be shooting Eevee tonight. But I guess he couldn't for some WIFOM. Hmm.

I think I'm going to Vote: Robz. Galzria seems scarier as scum, but Robz's actions so far have been scummy, brash, and paranoid compared to Galz. And of course, if Robz flips town, we can always go after Galz.

If Galz then flips scum, then Insomniac has some explaining to do.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 28, 2012, 01:38:38 am »

Allright. Will be gone for 24 hours. If the day ends before that and I die during the night I think Robz is most likely to be scum. If he's not it's a toss-up between Ins/Galz/Eevee, but Im to tired to actually reread what theyve said and try to make anything out of it.

Then don't bother making accusations. It should be pretty clear Eevee is town now.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 28, 2012, 01:40:50 am »

There's the scumdayvig and the towndayvig. Robz tries to pass himself off as the towndayvig, but the way he used it seemed like he was in a rush, and would be worried that he wouldn't be able to use his dayvig. Towndayvig wouldn't have had to worry about that. Vigginig is often a negative utility, so it's not too big of a deal if they got lynched without using their dayvig.

Archetype, your powers of observation staggering, truly staggering! Once again:

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: December 28, 2012, 01:42:04 am »

Why? You were at freaking L-5. There weren't enough people around to quicklynch you. But you didn't hesitate. Why? Because if you're scum and already resigned to your fate, your best option is to shoot, and hope you find scum. If not, you were dead anyway. If you did find scum, then you got to live. It's win/win for your faction.

What really sold it as your faction not being town though was that you did this at L-5. Because here's the thing - let's assume for a moment you're town. You shoot Eevee, and - worst case - he flips town. Now you know I'm scum, but you're getting lynched. That's two town dead, and I get to use my claimed Vig before the town can lynch me.

Ah, but you're not town. Because if you were, the best thing to do would've been not shoot. Why? Because if I am scum and kill Eevee tonight, and he flips town, then I'm lynched tomorrow. That's a 2 to 1 trade instead of the above 3 to 1. If I'm scum, I can't kill town!Eevee without giving myself away. But if I don't, then I'm lynched for lying about my role. And that's a 1 to 1 trade. That ratio is only matched by town!Galzria shooting Scum!Eevee, which is what would've happened if you got lynched and flipped town.

This makes sense to me.  I agree that Robz did not make a good action as a townplayer.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 28, 2012, 01:42:48 am »

Guys, you are all getting confused. It's not like I had to use the dayvig before I died, that's not the issue. The issue was, if I used my dayvig and was correct in killing scum, it would clear me because Insomniac says there is exactly one scum between me, Eevee, and Galz. I wasn't trying to get off my shot before I died, I was trying to kill the true mafia in that group of 3, which would have forestalled my lynch and cleared Galz. Only Eevee was not scum, which surprises me, but luckily he's bulletproof so we actually come out okay.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 28, 2012, 01:43:14 am »

This says nothing, by the way.  You point out the four people we've been talking about the whole day and mention at least one might be scum.

Also, ninja'd by Robz.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 28, 2012, 01:44:44 am »

You were at, what? L-8? L-5? You could have told them to just hold and it and talk with everyone about who you want to dayvig instead of just rushing into it. Thankfully, Eevee was Bulletproof, but still, if you flip Town, rushing into it like that was a bad idea.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 28, 2012, 01:45:12 am »

This makes sense to me.  I agree that Robz did not make a good action as a townplayer.

Again:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 28, 2012, 01:45:38 am »

Cayvie, would the Ace of Wands be immune to the King of Swords?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 28, 2012, 01:46:05 am »

You were at, what? L-8? L-5? You could have told them to just hold and it and talk with everyone about who you want to dayvig instead of just rushing into it. Thankfully, Eevee was Bulletproof, but still, if you flip Town, rushing into it like that was a bad idea.

I was at L-4, Axxle had signaled intent to vote me, and then I stopped reading and quickly vigged.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 28, 2012, 01:47:41 am »

You think I WAS RUSHING?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 28, 2012, 01:48:19 am »

Guys, you are all getting confused. It's not like I had to use the dayvig before I died, that's not the issue. The issue was, if I used my dayvig and was correct in killing scum, it would clear me because Insomniac says there is exactly one scum between me, Eevee, and Galz. I wasn't trying to get off my shot before I died, I was trying to kill the true mafia in that group of 3, which would have forestalled my lynch and cleared Galz. Only Eevee was not scum, which surprises me, but luckily he's bulletproof so we actually come out okay.

I will say Galz is pressing way harder than he normally would.  And if we believe insom, there's still scum to be found between Robz and Galz. 

So...Galz is killing someone tonight, because he's either the vig who wants to prove himself or scum, right?  So the risk there is he's scum and we leave him alive or he's town vig who kills someone who on his own...or he's the scum vig, and he's scum.  So 2 out of 3 chances he's scum...is that right?

Robz has no shots left anyway, scum or town, since the dayvigs are all one shots, unless I missed a card on that list.  So he's neutered scum goon, or VT.  So 1 in 2 chances he's scum?

So my math says 66.6% chance that Galz is scum and 50% chance Robz is scum?  Is that right or am I way off?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 28, 2012, 01:48:25 am »

yeah, because L-4 30 hours into Day1 is a really good time to assume you're going to get lynched
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.602 seconds with 20 queries.