Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 49  All

Author Topic: Mafia XVIII: Major Arcana Mafia II (Werewolves win!)  (Read 113803 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XVIII: Major Arcana Mafia II (Day 1! Deadline 1/9/13, 3 PM forums time)
« Reply #175 on: December 27, 2012, 09:14:36 pm »

I'm not voting yuma, that wasn't a scumslip.

Insomniac is saying that he's found scum because he found somebody with a QT (yeah, Robz, there's the deal with Masons, but we still haven't heard from eevee).  A few people may have expressed doubts on Insomniac's truthfulness/alignment publicly or hidden, the argument being that if he is on scumteam A, then it would be great for him to reveal a member of scumteam B.  So even if Insom's info is true he may not be town, he may be "on the opposing scumfaction."

Yuma said exactly this, then adding that Insom is more likely town than on the opposing scumteam.  Because he didn't spell it out word for word, you all are getting your undies in a bundle.  This is a crap case, and I'm disappointed at how radically quickly it's taken off.  Nobody seems like they are even waiting for Eevee to respond anymore.

exactly! (in fact I was one of the people that had previously expressed doubt about Insomniac's truthfullness/alignment). Major FOS at all of you that voted for me. Seriously that was ridiculous. Going back to reread who jumped on that and will go from there.

Nice when your scummate writes your defense for you, isn't it?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XVIII: Major Arcana Mafia II (Day 1! Deadline 1/9/13, 3 PM forums time)
« Reply #176 on: December 27, 2012, 09:15:00 pm »

FWIW, "going back to re-read" is my official scum getaway, timebuying, tactics.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 27, 2012, 09:15:07 pm »

Insomniac is saying that he's found scum because he found somebody with a QT (yeah, Robz, there's the deal with Masons, but we still haven't heard from eevee).  A few people may have expressed doubts on Insomniac's truthfulness/alignment publicly or hidden, the argument being that if he is on scumteam A, then it would be great for him to reveal a member of scumteam B.  So even if Insom's info is true he may not be town, he may be "on the opposing scumfaction."

Yuma said exactly this, then adding that Insom is more likely town than on the opposing scumteam.  Because he didn't spell it out word for word, you all are getting your undies in a bundle.  This is a crap case, and I'm disappointed at how radically quickly it's taken off.  Nobody seems like they are even waiting for Eevee to respond anymore.

Looks like I found me his buddy to NK when he flips scum. Second time defending him. Thanks Shraeye!
Jesus Christo, you waited all of 50 seconds after I posted to jump to the conclusion that for saying this wasn't a scumslip, I am clearly yuma's scumbuddy. 

Did you even read my response??  No, you apparently didn't.  You are 200% locked in on yuma being scum, so much that you're assigning scumreads to other people based on yuma's unknown alignment.  This is exactly the type of shitty tunnelling that destroys people's ability to form accurate reads.  You need to settle down.

Let me remind you about how terribly scumshraeye has fooled you before.  If yuma were scum, and I were his partner, do you think I'd jump to yuma's defense when clearly he is sitting in a lot of people's crosshairs??  No, if yuma is scum his partners are either jumping on the bandwagon with no hesitation, or they've decided not to touch this issue with a 10ft pole.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 27, 2012, 09:16:13 pm »

Looks like I found me his buddy to NK when he flips scum. Second time defending him. Thanks Shraeye!
Jesus Christo, you waited all of 50 seconds after I posted to jump to the conclusion that for saying this wasn't a scumslip, I am clearly yuma's scumbuddy. 

Did you even read my response??  No, you apparently didn't.  You are 200% locked in on yuma being scum, so much that you're assigning scumreads to other people based on yuma's unknown alignment.  This is exactly the type of shitty tunnelling that destroys people's ability to form accurate reads.  You need to settle down.

Let me remind you about how terribly scumshraeye has fooled you before.  If yuma were scum, and I were his partner, do you think I'd jump to yuma's defense when clearly he is sitting in a lot of people's crosshairs??  No, if yuma is scum his partners are either jumping on the bandwagon with no hesitation, or they've decided not to touch this issue with a 10ft pole.

Yawn. Scramble Scramble. Look at him scramble!

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 27, 2012, 09:16:56 pm »

Galz, Robz, Voltgloss, Lekkit, ashersky all voted for me.

Voltgloss I have the hardest time believing that he would think my statement was a slip. Lekkit and ash look most like a wagon jumpers...

Robz and Galz... both are part of the Galz/Robz/Insomniac ongoing controversy

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: December 27, 2012, 09:17:55 pm »

exactly! (in fact I was one of the people that had previously expressed doubt about Insomniac's truthfullness/alignment). Major FOS at all of you that voted for me. Seriously that was ridiculous. Going back to reread who jumped on that and will go from there.

this coming from a player who is up for a Best Mafia player nomination. You are better than this. Go back, reread and get rid of preformed conclusions...

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 27, 2012, 09:18:53 pm »

Robz and Galz... both are part of the Galz/Robz/Insomniac* ongoing controversy

*Eevee.

I need a popsquote here where he says errors are slight scumtells.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 27, 2012, 09:19:05 pm »

this coming from a player who is up for a Best Mafia player nomination. You are better than this. Go back, reread and get rid of preformed conclusions...

"oops, I didn't mean 0% of flipping town, I meant 0%of flipping scum!" - Sorry Yuma, heard it before.

Mafia Record:

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 27, 2012, 09:22:39 pm »

this is completely different!

Here I'll go back for you since apparently you are too freaking lazy to do so.

Here I say basically the same thing that I said below:

I don't have full access unfortunately so I can't fill claim but I'm major arcana there might be a doctor so mafia wifom etc.

You might also be Major Arcana from an opposing faction... and so could one of the other people you list as not having access to a QT. WFIOM again.

why didn't you jump on me here? I obviously meant here that Insomniac might be from an opposing faction in regard to the person with a QT (assuming some sort of scum)

I then post this that you jumped on in response to Lekkit asking if anyone else is doubtful of Insomniac.

I think I've got something on the matter as well. I'll tell you when Eevee's replied properly.

Well this is interesting. I don't see any reason not to trust Insom, mainly because he's probably the number one nightkill target for all scum in the game now, and if he's scum, then he's still going to be a target of the other scum team (assuming there is more than one - I don't think he would have a reason to assume otherwise). So the only reason I can see him doing this is because he thinks the information he has is important enough that it's worth getting him NKed.

Am I the only one who sees the possibility that Ins could be a redirector, or scum trying to get town cred? Even if he would be a MA (which he may very well not be), that wouldn't be proved until he would flip. Which he won't if he is doctored, outwifom the other scums or if he's bulletproof.  At which time his death could've helped a scum faction a bunch. I'm not saying I think he's scum, all I'm saying is that I'm definately not ruling out the possibility of him not being really honest. Last game both MA were scum. Just sayin'.

Even if everything he said is true, Insom is certainly not confirmed town... I think more likely town than the opposing scum, but still

Look at the context. You are a journalist, use your journalistic skills!

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 27, 2012, 09:29:59 pm »

Voltgloss I have the hardest time believing that he would think my statement was a slip.

Not sure why you'd think that, I zeroed in on Frisk's "0% chance of flipping town" while in the speccy/dead-person QT of that game.  While I think most supposed "scumslips" are not in fact scumslips, I do put weight on something that appears really egregious - and I think the way to handle such examples is to press the speaker hard and fast and get a genuine response out of them.

I do wish Grujah and shraeye hadn't made your explanations for you before you arrived.  It would have been really revealing to see that genuine response of yours under pressure WITHOUT receiving help from other players.  Now though, we'll never know what you'd have done.

PPE:  Actually, we do know what you've done:  you've presented evidence from your other posts that you were already thinking/using the "opposing faction/opposing scum" language with respect to Insom, which DOES explain its reappearance in a context where it didn't initially make sense.  And that's... fairly compelling to me, actually.  So.  Unvote.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 27, 2012, 09:32:51 pm »

this is completely different!

Here I'll go back for you since apparently you are too freaking lazy to do so.

Here I say basically the same thing that I said below:

I don't have full access unfortunately so I can't fill claim but I'm major arcana there might be a doctor so mafia wifom etc.

You might also be Major Arcana from an opposing faction... and so could one of the other people you list as not having access to a QT. WFIOM again.

why didn't you jump on me here? I obviously meant here that Insomniac might be from an opposing faction in regard to the person with a QT (assuming some sort of scum)

I then post this that you jumped on in response to Lekkit asking if anyone else is doubtful of Insomniac.

I think I've got something on the matter as well. I'll tell you when Eevee's replied properly.

Well this is interesting. I don't see any reason not to trust Insom, mainly because he's probably the number one nightkill target for all scum in the game now, and if he's scum, then he's still going to be a target of the other scum team (assuming there is more than one - I don't think he would have a reason to assume otherwise). So the only reason I can see him doing this is because he thinks the information he has is important enough that it's worth getting him NKed.

Am I the only one who sees the possibility that Ins could be a redirector, or scum trying to get town cred? Even if he would be a MA (which he may very well not be), that wouldn't be proved until he would flip. Which he won't if he is doctored, outwifom the other scums or if he's bulletproof.  At which time his death could've helped a scum faction a bunch. I'm not saying I think he's scum, all I'm saying is that I'm definately not ruling out the possibility of him not being really honest. Last game both MA were scum. Just sayin'.

Even if everything he said is true, Insom is certainly not confirmed town... I think more likely town than the opposing scum, but still

Look at the context. You are a journalist, use your journalistic skills!

You write from a Point of View perspective. You never place yourself in his, or anybody else's shoes. There's no reference to you assuming "from X's perspective". So the above reads "You might also be Major Arcana from an opposing faction [to my own]" - which is NOT egregious, because the base assumption of the statement is that your faction is town. Thus Insomniac (The "You" to whom you reference), could be MA from an opposing faction - Essentially, he deserves no extraordinary town credit.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Again, in this quote, your write from a Point of View perspective. You've given no indication that the voice here is any but your own. The difference here, is that you are directing your statement to Lekkit, rather than directly at Insomniac. So rather than say "You might be... an opposing faction", you say "Insom is certainly not confirmed town... I think [he's] more likely town than the opposing scum".

But you never indicate with your post that the answer to the question of "Opposing scum of whom" is anybody but yourself. There's no third party reference. It's you, and it's Insomniac. The difference between your first post and your second, is the change in term from "opposing faction" which is perfectly acceptable from town, and NOT a scumslip, to "opposing scum faction".

In both cases, the voice is yours, and the perspective is yours. The second was a scumslip.

Mafia Record:

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 27, 2012, 09:41:32 pm »

I do wish Grujah and shraeye hadn't made your explanations for you before you arrived.  It would have been really revealing to see that genuine response of yours under pressure WITHOUT receiving help from other players.  Now though, we'll never know what you'd have done.

I wouldn't have if you didn't all jump like crazy, I've actually wrote that as soon as Galz quoted and than postponed posting to see what happens, you voting tipped me over to also post.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 27, 2012, 10:47:07 pm »

Galz:

Thanks for at least gong back and reading what I posted. If I understand your analysis correctly you are basically saying that in my first post there is an assumption that I am town within it because I said "opposing faction," but in my second because I said, "opposing scum faction."

Here I disagree because in my first post I certainly meant exactly the same thing as "opposing scum faction."

In that if Insomniac found scum (let's say he found mafia), then he is either 1. town or 2. WW (the opposing faction).

It is the opposing scum faction because there is likely 2 scum factions (well 3 if SK). My whole point in those statements was: don't give Insomniac town cred for this.

But I have a feeling that arguing with you is going to be pointless... You seem pretty dead set on interpreting my post as a scum-slip. Do you at least admit that this situation is very different from Frisk's 100% scum statement? His was more of a typo that happened to be a slip, whereas mine is a misinterpretation (and isn't a scumslip to begin with!)

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 27, 2012, 11:16:11 pm »

Looks like Eevee is online.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 27, 2012, 11:39:06 pm »

Yeah, FoS Robz for making a Fullclaim and a partial claim by a MA into a massclaim. Even with a fullclaim from Eevee, and I'm pretty sure he'll claim mason we haven't really gotten much. Or am I missing something?

this is an interesting point... well Lekkit doesn't really make it, but it makes me ask the question:

Can a mason be a mason by himself? If so what is the point? He just has a quicktopic wherein he can just talk to himself. If there is one Mason, does there have to be another?

In most games I think the answer is yes, in this one... I don't know.
I was a lonely Mason in MIX (the previous major arcana game).  I was basically a named townie.  Didn't get a QT and didn't get IC status.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 27, 2012, 11:39:40 pm »

Nope, no QT has Eevee no.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 27, 2012, 11:41:09 pm »

FoS Insomniac for not being available 24 hours a day.

Mafia Record:

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 27, 2012, 11:45:25 pm »

WTH?

This is not anywhere near "0% of flipping town"

I am the only one who read that as -  "the other scum team than one in which eevee/galz/robz are"?
This is exactly how I read it too. 
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 27, 2012, 11:45:54 pm »

vote: Robz888
I think it's an honest mistake though and not worth a vote.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 27, 2012, 11:51:56 pm »

I have a hard time following the discussion surrounding the supposed scumslip.  so i don't think it was one, just ambiguous wording that doesn't depend on his faction.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: December 27, 2012, 11:53:06 pm »

I'm thinking: Lynch Robz or Eevee, Galz NK's the other if they don't flip scum, Lynch Galz if the NK doesn't flip scum?  Might be stopped by a roleblocker though, not sure if strongman goes around that.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 27, 2012, 11:53:54 pm »

And 2 for 1 might be a bit bad if we do this in the wrong order.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 27, 2012, 11:55:19 pm »

I don't particularly want to die!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 27, 2012, 11:55:59 pm »

hmmmm...

not entirely convinced yuma scumslip is a scumslip.

But it's a pretty good D1 case, not gonna lie. That is to say, we've lynched people day 1 for so much less.

@Insom. Why? Why out yourself as Major Arcana based on 1 in 3 chance of catching a person who is either scum or a mason? You may have just succeeded in outing yourself and two town PRs while catching no scum at all.

PPE: more stuff happened
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 27, 2012, 11:57:45 pm »

I think it's probable there is more to insomniac's thing than he is letting us in on. but lets wait for him to get here.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 49  All

Page created in 2.524 seconds with 20 queries.