Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 49  All

Author Topic: Mafia XVIII: Major Arcana Mafia II (Werewolves win!)  (Read 109798 times)

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XVIII: Major Arcana Mafia II (Day 1! Deadline 1/9/13, 3 PM forums time)
« Reply #125 on: December 27, 2012, 07:17:03 pm »

Yeah, FoS Robz for making a Fullclaim and a partial claim by a MA into a massclaim. Even with a fullclaim from Eevee, and I'm pretty sure he'll claim mason we haven't really gotten much. Or am I missing something?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XVIII: Major Arcana Mafia II (Day 1! Deadline 1/9/13, 3 PM forums time)
« Reply #126 on: December 27, 2012, 07:18:23 pm »

Well this is interesting. I don't see any reason not to trust Insom, mainly because he's probably the number one nightkill target for all scum in the game now, and if he's scum, then he's still going to be a target of the other scum team (assuming there is more than one - I don't think he would have a reason to assume otherwise). So the only reason I can see him doing this is because he thinks the information he has is important enough that it's worth getting him NKed.

Having said that, I'm not actually convinced that it is. If the result of Insom's investigation is a Mason, then calling them out will end up forcing them to claim. Which might be what he wants, I'm not sure, but is it worth getting a Major PR killed N1? I don't know.

I suppose for now FoS: Eevee until he claims Mason/non-Mason and on all three if he claims non-Mason.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 27, 2012, 07:19:22 pm »

Yeah, FoS Robz for making a Fullclaim and a partial claim by a MA into a massclaim. Even with a fullclaim from Eevee, and I'm pretty sure he'll claim mason we haven't really gotten much. Or am I missing something?

this is an interesting point... well Lekkit doesn't really make it, but it makes me ask the question:

Can a mason be a mason by himself? If so what is the point? He just has a quicktopic wherein he can just talk to himself. If there is one Mason, does there have to be another?

In most games I think the answer is yes, in this one... I don't know.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 27, 2012, 07:24:57 pm »

Hmm well I think I've heard of three different approaches to this.

One Mason => at least one other Mason.
One Mason => IC.
One Mason => lonely Mason.

I think the third is probably true, that there can be a Mason in a thread by himself. I guess the advantage to this is that if someone claims to be a lonely Mason, and someone else is a Mason, they know the first person is lying. Unless of course, 3 Masons => 2 friends and a loner, which I don't think is true but someone can correct me if you think I'm wrong.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 27, 2012, 07:25:41 pm »

this is an interesting point... well Lekkit doesn't really make it, but it makes me ask the question:

Can a mason be a mason by himself? If so what is the point? He just has a quicktopic wherein he can just talk to himself. If there is one Mason, does there have to be another?

I was a lover in Arcana I. The other player did NOT till lover as well, so had no knowledge of me. It meant that I knew he was town, and if he died, I did too. In turn, he did NOT know that I was town, and did not die if I did. However, it made things more than difficult when he pressed me as being scummy throughout the entire game, and I had to defend him and misdirect to the best of my ability.

My point is, pair units don't always come in pairs in this game.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 27, 2012, 07:26:18 pm »

I have thoughts, but they need to wait until after Eevee claims whether or not he has a QT.

In particular, while I think yuma's question is a reasonable one, and I understand jimmmmm addressing it, I think we should not address it further until after Eevee claims QT-or-no-QT.  I'll explain why at that time.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 27, 2012, 07:29:00 pm »

I was a lover in Arcana I. The other player did NOT till lover as well, so had no knowledge of me. It meant that I knew he was town, and if he died, I did too. In turn, he did NOT know that I was town, and did not die if I did. However, it made things more than difficult when he pressed me as being scummy throughout the entire game, and I had to defend him and misdirect to the best of my ability.

My point is, pair units don't always come in pairs in this game.

deleted (pre-posting deleted obviously) post per Voltgloss suggesting we not talk until eevee gets here... But I did PM it to myself so I would remember to post if it is still necessary

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 27, 2012, 07:31:25 pm »

Ins, why do you drop bombs and then dissappear?

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 27, 2012, 07:31:48 pm »

I have thoughts, but they need to wait until after Eevee claims whether or not he has a QT.

In particular, while I think yuma's question is a reasonable one, and I understand jimmmmm addressing it, I think we should not address it further until after Eevee claims QT-or-no-QT.  I'll explain why at that time.
I think I'm thinking the same thing as you, or at least something which I want to hold back until Eevee says something.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 27, 2012, 07:47:41 pm »

I suppose for now FoS: Eevee until he claims Mason/non-Mason and on all three if he claims non-Mason.

Now, I don't know why I am railing you this much but..

Why the need to state the absolutely obvious?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 27, 2012, 07:49:44 pm »

Now, I don't know why I am railing you this much but..

Why the need to state the absolutely obvious?

again I had the exact same thought as Grujah... and again didn't necessarily feel it was important... at least not yet... again...

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 27, 2012, 08:05:42 pm »

I think I've got something on the matter as well. I'll tell you when Eevee's replied properly.

Well this is interesting. I don't see any reason not to trust Insom, mainly because he's probably the number one nightkill target for all scum in the game now, and if he's scum, then he's still going to be a target of the other scum team (assuming there is more than one - I don't think he would have a reason to assume otherwise). So the only reason I can see him doing this is because he thinks the information he has is important enough that it's worth getting him NKed.

Am I the only one who sees the possibility that Ins could be a redirector, or scum trying to get town cred? Even if he would be a MA (which he may very well not be), that wouldn't be proved until he would flip. Which he won't if he is doctored, outwifom the other scums or if he's bulletproof.  At which time his death could've helped a scum faction a bunch. I'm not saying I think he's scum, all I'm saying is that I'm definately not ruling out the possibility of him not being really honest. Last game both MA were scum. Just sayin'.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 27, 2012, 08:15:00 pm »

I think I've got something on the matter as well. I'll tell you when Eevee's replied properly.

Am I the only one who sees the possibility that Ins could be a redirector, or scum trying to get town cred? Even if he would be a MA (which he may very well not be), that wouldn't be proved until he would flip. Which he won't if he is doctored, outwifom the other scums or if he's bulletproof.  At which time his death could've helped a scum faction a bunch. I'm not saying I think he's scum, all I'm saying is that I'm definately not ruling out the possibility of him not being really honest. Last game both MA were scum. Just sayin'.

Even if everything he said is true, Insom is certainly not confirmed town... I think more likely town than the opposing scum, but still

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 27, 2012, 08:16:48 pm »

Even if everything he said is true, Insom is certainly not confirmed town... I think more likely town than the opposing scum, but still

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 27, 2012, 08:18:44 pm »

Vote: Yuma

Yeah you got him.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 27, 2012, 08:19:17 pm »

FoS your face. This is NOT my doing.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 27, 2012, 08:20:43 pm »

Yeah you got him.

I had him earlier. Nobody wanted to listen to me then though.

Mafia Record:

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 27, 2012, 08:25:20 pm »

Yeah you got him.

Well that was like omgus, not the most convincing thing ever. This is a "I have a zero percent chance of flipping town" moment

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 27, 2012, 08:26:07 pm »

Vote: yuma

PPE:  FoS Robz for stealing my thunder while I was off makin' a meme

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 27, 2012, 08:29:22 pm »

WTH?

This is not anywhere near "0% of flipping town"

I am the only one who read that as -  "the other scum team than one in which eevee/galz/robz are"?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 27, 2012, 08:29:38 pm »

vote: Robz888

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 27, 2012, 08:30:10 pm »

Yeah you got him.

Well that was like omgus, not the most convincing thing ever. This is a "I have a zero percent chance of flipping town" moment

That most certainly was NOT "OMGUS". It was a terrible response to a first-post-RVS-joke - the type more often made by scum than town, because it sounds good, and sounds like their town Meta. Had Yuma done the same thing later in the game, yeah, sure, I'd buy it as Town!Yuma. But not out of the gates like that over my first post. It's like you in the last Blitz game Robz. One of my very early posts commented on how easy it would be for you to follow in your expected town!meta of "Masons should claim" even as scum, and that we should be wary of you doing just that as scum. There's a time and a place to stand by your beliefs. Voting someone over RVS jokery, and saying "This is a serious vote, and I won't unvote unless there's a very good reason to do so" was a scum!Yuma move designed to mimic his town!meta.

I'll admit that it's not as strong as this, however.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 27, 2012, 08:33:26 pm »

WTH?

This is not anywhere near "0% of flipping town"

I am the only one who read that as -  "the other scum team than one in which eevee/galz/robz are"?

Even if everything he said is true, Insom is certainly not confirmed town... I think [Insomniac is] more likely town than the opposing scum, but still

Mind pointing me to where your read reference that would draw your conclusion to be that he was talking about "the other scum team than one in which eevee/galz/robz are"?

Mafia Record:

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 27, 2012, 08:34:56 pm »

Vote: yuma

"Slippery little suckers..."

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 27, 2012, 08:39:05 pm »

I dunno why I didn't wait for yuma to respond first but, if we trust Ins on his powers, one of Galz/Eeve/Robz is probably scum.
Now, if when Ins investigated 3 persons, he definitely wouldn't investigate his own scum team. So, if he did struck scum, it was from opposing team.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 49  All

Page created in 2.468 seconds with 20 queries.