Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 49  All

Author Topic: Mafia XVIII: Major Arcana Mafia II (Werewolves win!)  (Read 111079 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XVIII: Major Arcana Mafia II (Day 1! Deadline 1/9/13, 3 PM forums time)
« Reply #275 on: December 28, 2012, 12:58:59 am »

ITT we have Robz freaking out at L-8.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XVIII: Major Arcana Mafia II (Day 1! Deadline 1/9/13, 3 PM forums time)
« Reply #276 on: December 28, 2012, 12:59:32 am »

vote: Robz

If he's really a vig, he wouldn't offer to shoot, given town!Robz's EXTREME stance on vigs shooting, especially N1.

That's basically a Robz tenet at this point.  No way he'd offer to shoot if he's a real town vig.

THIS IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT; WE HAD A SCUM POOL OF ONE IN THREE PEOPLE.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 28, 2012, 12:59:49 am »

Can we get a Robz lynch without me claiming?

I'm game. Vote: Robz. That vig was ridiculous.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 28, 2012, 01:00:03 am »

Is bulletproof the only possibility?
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 28, 2012, 01:00:15 am »

I think I've figured it out.  Will reread to check.

For now
Vote: Robbz

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 28, 2012, 01:00:37 am »

votes are reset to 0 on everyone

thread unlocked

Reminder that votes reset, so just me and Galz on Robz now.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 28, 2012, 01:01:50 am »

Why was it ridiculous? Jo and Eevee plotted to kill me as fast as they could, before I could do anything. And since I know scum is Galz or Eevee (well, according to Insomniac), and Galz had not been counterclaimed, it seemed like shooting Eevee was the right thing to do.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 28, 2012, 01:03:09 am »

If Eevee is bulletproof, that makes Galzria scum. Vote: Galzria

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 28, 2012, 01:03:33 am »

Why was it ridiculous? Jo and Eevee plotted to kill me as fast as they could, before I could do anything. And since I know scum is Galz or Eevee (well, according to Insomniac), and Galz had not been counterclaimed, it seemed like shooting Eevee was the right thing to do.

You really think the odds were better that two out of three random names were vigs (you and Galz)?  I'd say you sort of counterclaimed him when you stated you were ALSO a vig.

A VIG WHICH SHOT ON D1, BTW.  YOU MAY NEVER EVER EVER TELL A VIG NOT TO SHOOT ON N1 IN A GAME EVER AGAIN.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 28, 2012, 01:04:02 am »

Vote Count 1.2

Robz888 (3): ashersky, Galzria, shraeye
Galzria (1): Robz888

Not Voting (12): Archetype, sparky5856, Grujah, Voltgloss, Insomniac, Cuzz, jimmmmm, Axxle, Eevee, jotheonah, Lekkit, yuma

With 16 alive, it's 9 to lynch.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: December 28, 2012, 01:06:15 am »

Let's think this through. Insomniac says me, Galzria, or Eevee has a qt. I say it's not me; Galzria fullclaims no qt; Eevee says it's not him. So presto, one scum between us, because there is a liar.

Then I claimed dayvig. If I were scum, why would I do this? Because it makes it 50% likely that the scum is me just based on the roles. And obviously I would know that my vigging would not hit scum, because the scum is me. Which is what happened.

So... isn't the better explanation that I simply didn't know there was a dayvig scum?

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 28, 2012, 01:07:12 am »

But no.

My drunk take on things is this.  Ashersky is wrong, there are two vigs, Robz and Galz are vigs.  I don't care what 'odds are' it's what happened.  Even '1 in a million' happens once in a million tries.

Robz shot eevee because his best chance for living was to hit scum.  Given that Galz is apparently not on Robz's team and has claimed Vig, Robz believes that Galz is actually the strongman vig.  that is why he shoots Eevee.  Shooting before waiting for Eevee to claim was terrible, but it was a scum move banking on eevee hopefully also being scum.  Now that that has failed he's focusing on Galz.  This is play of caught scum.  My vote stands.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 28, 2012, 01:07:43 am »

Vote: Galz

This seems right.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 28, 2012, 01:08:42 am »

You really think the odds were better that two out of three random names were vigs (you and Galz)?  I'd say you sort of counterclaimed him when you stated you were ALSO a vig.

A VIG WHICH SHOT ON D1, BTW.  YOU MAY NEVER EVER EVER TELL A VIG NOT TO SHOOT ON N1 IN A GAME EVER AGAIN.

Ashersky, this makes no sense. Galz and I did not counterclaim each other. Do you even understand the setup? Here are all the possibilities: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=6168.0

It wasn't three random names; it was three people, exactly, one of which were scum unless Insomniac was pulling the weirdest gambit in Forum Mafia history. And since one of them was me, I had it down to a 50% chance. A 50% chance vig can take his shot, sure.

Still, I would have discussed it first, but Jo specifically demanded my quicklynch and a bunch of people acquiesced.

I don't think I'm crazy here.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 28, 2012, 01:10:47 am »

But no.

My drunk take on things is this.  Ashersky is wrong, there are two vigs, Robz and Galz are vigs.  I don't care what 'odds are' it's what happened.  Even '1 in a million' happens once in a million tries.

Robz shot eevee because his best chance for living was to hit scum.  Given that Galz is apparently not on Robz's team and has claimed Vig, Robz believes that Galz is actually the strongman vig.  that is why he shoots Eevee.  Shooting before waiting for Eevee to claim was terrible, but it was a scum move banking on eevee hopefully also being scum.  Now that that has failed he's focusing on Galz.  This is play of caught scum.  My vote stands.

But Galz isn't a confirmed Vig. I am a confirmed vig. Now, I could be scum vig. But I am a vig for sure. I just did it!

I shot Eevee because he didn't claim and Galzria did, making Eevee more likely scum. And also, Eevee was trying to get me killed before I could react.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 28, 2012, 01:13:35 am »

Eevee, sorry I wasted my shot on you. I'm glad you didn't die though (unless you are some totally OP major arcana bulletproof scum, in which case, GG).

But do you see why I did? You were trying to kill me before I could use my shot, obviously I wasn't going to let that happen. Glad you're safe though.

From an objective standpoint, this is the most interesting Day 1 ever.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 28, 2012, 01:13:59 am »

Actually Robz story makes sense. If you do not count that he "didn't know" the dayvig could be scum. Now I'm even more confused than before.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 28, 2012, 01:14:20 am »

Robz, YOU WERE AT L-5. You are definitely being crazy, why not just post "guys, i'm here and want to talk" if you were worried enough people were magically going to appear and quicklynch you?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 28, 2012, 01:15:16 am »

Ashersky, this makes no sense. Galz and I did not counterclaim each other. Do you even understand the setup? Here are all the possibilities: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=6168.0

It wasn't three random names; it was three people, exactly, one of which were scum unless Insomniac was pulling the weirdest gambit in Forum Mafia history. And since one of them was me, I had it down to a 50% chance. A 50% chance vig can take his shot, sure.

Still, I would have discussed it first, but Jo specifically demanded my quicklynch and a bunch of people acquiesced.

So you claim to know and understand the set-up well now?  After you just said "derp I didn't know there was a scum dayvig"?  So which is it?  Set-up expert (normal Robz) or didn't know the set-up (your excuse that I'm not buying).

Separately, on my point, my understanding was insom chose three people to investigate, found out one of them had a QT.  What are the odds in this set-up that a randomly chosen three people would contain two separate vigs?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 28, 2012, 01:16:56 am »

Actually Robz story makes sense. If you do not count that he "didn't know" the dayvig could be scum. Now I'm even more confused than before.

Look, I read the thing quickly, there are a million different roles. I'm truly sorry for that.

But... the only thing that would have happened differently had I known about the scum dayvig is that I would have been way more reluctant to claim anything (because I would have realized it was going to look bad, me having a 50% chance scum role in a 33% chance scum group of people).

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 28, 2012, 01:17:00 am »

You do realize that voting me is voting a provable power, since my shot cannot be blocked in any fashion. There's only 1 Strong-Man in the game, unlike Robz' role, which has both Town, and Scum options.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 28, 2012, 01:17:54 am »

So you claim to know and understand the set-up well now?  After you just said "derp I didn't know there was a scum dayvig"?  So which is it?  Set-up expert (normal Robz) or didn't know the set-up (your excuse that I'm not buying).

Separately, on my point, my understanding was insom chose three people to investigate, found out one of them had a QT.  What are the odds in this set-up that a randomly chosen three people would contain two separate vigs?

What do you mean, what are the odds? 2 of those people are confirmed bp townie and dayshot vig, respectively. Who cares what the odds are, it's what happened.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 28, 2012, 01:18:40 am »

You do realize that voting me is voting a provable power, since my shot cannot be blocked in any fashion. There's only 1 Strong-Man in the game, unlike Robz' role, which has both Town, and Scum options.

You're just going to do your team's scum kill or whatever. If Eevee's not scum and Insomniac is not lying, you are scum.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 28, 2012, 01:19:09 am »

Look, I read the thing quickly, there are a million different roles. I'm truly sorry for that.

But... the only thing that would have happened differently had I known about the scum dayvig is that I would have been way more reluctant to claim anything (because I would have realized it was going to look bad, me having a 50% chance scum role in a 33% chance scum group of people).

So you read quickly to see if there was a town version of your role that you could claim?

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 28, 2012, 01:20:33 am »

You're just going to do your team's scum kill or whatever. If Eevee's not scum and Insomniac is not lying, you are scum.

Faction kills can be blocked. I can not. /Whooooooosh! That's the sound of Robz magically not knowing the setup again! Convenient to forget when it doesn't suit him, it seems.

Mafia Record:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 15 queries.