Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42]  All

Author Topic: ZMX: Blitz Mafia X - The Veteran Games - Mafia Win Flawlessly!  (Read 89141 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: ZMX: Blitz Mafia X - The Veteran Games (Day 2)
« Reply #1025 on: January 16, 2013, 04:23:57 pm »

An aside. At the beginning of day 1 I asked how people felt about Eevee's post with the intent of looking for a certain answer I expected to come from scum. Two people answered the way I expected scum to, Galzria and.......Joth. I persecuted Galz while leaving Joth completely alone.

:Sadface:

I never should've abandoned my instant scum read on him either.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: ZMX: Blitz Mafia X - The Veteran Games (Day 1)
« Reply #1026 on: January 16, 2013, 04:25:54 pm »

See? Even through my my crazies I could see the truth.

Here's something actually useful though. I won't be a complete Dick to the rest of town:

Joth is my #1 scum read. It was (I think) post #151 that he gave his read on Eevee and parrot'ed me almost word for word.

He then made a future post about how scum would "think" that just reaked of "My buddies are lurking, but no way scum would do that. Let's all think how scum would think here!" - It was absolutely a classic scum redirect post.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: January 16, 2013, 04:39:43 pm »

to be fair, my buddy wasn't lurking at all, so I wasn't doing exactly what you said I was doing.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: January 16, 2013, 06:05:08 pm »

"Commander Ozle, shall we follow through with the promise of destroying Earth if the town failed?"

"..."

"Commander Ozle?"  Ah, forget it.  I'm sure the network will want to do this again anyway.  Not like we've found humans anywhere else.

The captain of the alien ship flipped a switch and the surviving town members were transported back to Earth, memories wiped...again.

Congrats to Robz888 and Jotheonah, who played a phenomenal game.  Thanks to everyone for playing my decidedly difficult game, and for pointing out the broken bits instead of just using them.

MVP: Jo

I read over the endgame there, and saw Robz save his hide somehow, but realized it was thanks to Jo swooping in.  And the way Jo was not suspected by anyone was just fantastic.  Robz obviously helped build that up.  Great team work, totally.

Slap on the back: Insomniac.  I am going on the record now with this: rolling the IC in Blitz games is the most difficult role we have (so far) on f.ds mafia.  The pressure is intense, and the price we pay for being wrong is especially high.  I think most of us push ourselves too hard, too.  Insom has had to do this twice, as well.  It is just really hard.

I do think this set-up had a lot of potential.  4 mods didn't catch the vote all break, for some reason.  As you saw in the mod QT, we didn't actually have a fix for the tie--we really didn't think you could pull it off.  I mean, we had a fix, but didn't want to use them.  I think the thought of having it out there was part of the mental game.

I look forward to taking a break from modding Blitz games.  I may be back with one in the future, but want to watch Insom's next creation, which is awesome (I have an inside look), and see what others come up with.  I do think small numbers and set-ups that generally will end by D2 are best for Blitz, and would suggest we keep it that way.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: January 16, 2013, 06:09:12 pm »

Well done scum. Everyone else, next time I'm in bed and planning to come back 3 hours before deadline, please give me a chance to wake up and plead my case. :)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: January 16, 2013, 06:12:12 pm »

I do think small numbers and set-ups that generally will end by D2 are best for Blitz, and would suggest we keep it that way.
+1

I'm still looking forward to rolling the IC in one of these games and seeing how it feels. I agree it's the hardest and most intense role we've used here.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: January 16, 2013, 06:13:31 pm »

@Ash if you count Masons/Best Friends I've been an IC more than twice

ZMX - IC
ZMIX - Best Friend
ZMVII - Mason
ZMV - IC

If you only count IC then yes twice, at least Best Friend felt a lot like it though since me and Robz had nothing else outside of the ability to confirm each other.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: January 16, 2013, 06:13:34 pm »

It's awesome.  I would roll IC every day if I could.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: January 16, 2013, 06:14:11 pm »

It's awesome.  I would roll IC every day if I could.

ITS AWFUL AND YOU ARE FULL OF LIES
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: January 16, 2013, 06:14:46 pm »

THE IC ICE CREAM HAMMERS: SHRAEYE

take that in your vanilla scoop!

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: January 16, 2013, 06:16:16 pm »

And the way Jo was not suspected by anyone was just fantastic.

...Cough...

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
Re: ZMX: Blitz Mafia X - The Veteran Games (Night 0)
« Reply #1036 on: January 16, 2013, 06:18:08 pm »

For the record, I thought this was pretty scummy:

So, conflicting. On the other hand I feel like trying to feel it out and being careful with my votes given it's a new setup. On the other hand, no games never get anywhere unless people actually commit to voting for the people they find scummy, so eh. But, the first half of day 1 should run pretty close to how it normally would, except no "lock" situation will ever be reached which never was an issue in blitz in the first place.

I would like EVERYONE to comment on this post and how it reflects on Eevee.

It gives me a slightly scummy vibe, outside of Eevee's meta. It has the stink of IIoA.

But it could so very easily be town Eevee, I don't place much store.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: January 16, 2013, 06:20:05 pm »

Sigh, I agree Jimm, I agree..

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: January 16, 2013, 06:20:47 pm »

"Commander Ozle, shall we follow through with the promise of destroying Earth if the town failed?"

"..."

"Commander Ozle?"  Ah, forget it.  I'm sure the network will want to do this again anyway.  Not like we've found humans anywhere else.

The captain of the alien ship flipped a switch and the surviving town members were transported back to Earth, memories wiped...again.

Congrats to Robz888 and Jotheonah, who played a phenomenal game.  Thanks to everyone for playing my decidedly difficult game, and for pointing out the broken bits instead of just using them.

I read over the endgame there, and saw Robz save his hide somehow, but realized it was thanks to Jo swooping in.  And the way Jo was not suspected by anyone was just fantastic.  Robz obviously helped build that up.  Great team work, totally.

Slap on the back: Insomniac.  I am going on the record now with this: rolling the IC in Blitz games is the most difficult role we have (so far) on f.ds mafia.  The pressure is intense, and the price we pay for being wrong is especially high.  I think most of us push ourselves too hard, too.  Insom has had to do this twice, as well.  It is just really hard.

I do think this set-up had a lot of potential.  4 mods didn't catch the vote all break, for some reason.  As you saw in the mod QT, we didn't actually have a fix for the tie--we really didn't think you could pull it off.  I mean, we had a fix, but didn't want to use them.  I think the thought of having it out there was part of the mental game.

I look forward to taking a break from modding Blitz games.  I may be back with one in the future, but want to watch Insom's next creation, which is awesome (I have an inside look), and see what others come up with.  I do think small numbers and set-ups that generally will end by D2 are best for Blitz, and would suggest we keep it that way.

OZLE SAY KILL PUNY HUMANS AFTER LAUGHING AT THEIR FOOLISH WAYS!!

EAT THE ONE CALLED INSOMNIAX FIRST, HE LOOKS TASTY!

And then possibly a nice white wine and a little fish?

Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: January 16, 2013, 06:21:34 pm »

And the way Jo was not suspected by anyone was just fantastic.

...Cough...

...Cough...Cough...
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: January 16, 2013, 06:24:23 pm »

"..."

OZLE SAY KILL PUNY HUMANS AFTER LAUGHING AT THEIR FOOLISH WAYS!!

EAT THE ONE CALLED INSOMNIAX FIRST, HE LOOKS TASTY!

And then possibly a nice white wine and a little fish?

Hey...Hey Ozle...GO SIGN UP FOR A BLITZ MAFIA!

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: January 16, 2013, 06:24:37 pm »

Haha, no chance!

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: January 16, 2013, 06:25:39 pm »

no way I could spend the amount of time you all spend on this in one go. I just about read a lot of this, but coming up with actual useful posts of my own to contribute wouldnt happen.

i'd just lurk and read and post the odd PoS post

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: January 16, 2013, 06:26:38 pm »

no way I could spend the amount of time you all spend on this in one go. I just about read a lot of this, but coming up with actual useful posts of my own to contribute wouldnt happen.

i'd just lurk and read and post the odd PoS post

and then youd be mafia and lynched!

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: January 16, 2013, 06:29:45 pm »

Precisely!

I dont think I have ever been town...at least not in my heart anyway

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42]  All

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 20 queries.