Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Is there something I don't understand about warehouse/TM?  (Read 986 times)

zahlman

• Minion
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
Is there something I don't understand about warehouse/TM?
« on: December 25, 2012, 11:58:22 pm »

It seems like it shouldn't take this long to work...

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201212/25/game-20121225-205502-c6362093.html

Is there anything else I can do here with this shuffle luck? Should I get a third TM instead of more Warehouses? Should I (this is a really strange thought) buy a Fishing Village (or maybe even Copper?!) in the hopes of hitting 5 and getting rid of the rest of the Copper with a second Mint?

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3413
    • View Profile
Re: Is there something I don't understand about warehouse/TM?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 02:18:16 am »

You had some unlucky shuffling. Often the Warehouse will help you get to $4 again soon, but this didn't happen until turn 5 for you and then it's not so hot anymore.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 08:06:48 am »

I wouldn't worry too much about this once since your opponent got nice draws and played some good Dominion. You do need to be more careful with your hand size however. After you play a couple of warehouses and a mint you're going only going to have two treasures in hand and that's a problem. This means the apprentice is vital for increasing your hand size. Skip for the forge entirely. Buy a platinum instead of the colony on turn 10.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 12:11:59 pm »

That is some awful shuffle luck on your part.  Like, a constructed "worst-case shuffle" wouldn't be much worse than that.  Not drawing Warehouse until T5 is the key problem.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.219 seconds with 20 queries.