Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Possible New Feature  (Read 2730 times)

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
  • Respect: +1868
    • View Profile
Possible New Feature
« on: December 23, 2012, 09:42:23 pm »
+3

First off, I know nothing of programming so I am both unable to do this myself and unaware of the time costs to implement this. 

That being said, one thing that has always intrigued me is player winning percentage in regards to the various end-game conditions.  Those conditions being Province, Colony, and 3-Pile.  I've always had a suspicion that 3-Pile is my specialty, but I have no numerical way to back this up.  I think this would be a neat addition to the already awesome player pages.
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
Re: Possible New Feature
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 10:27:37 pm »

That would be neat to see.  Might also want to show stats on Piling out Provinces IN Colony games, as that's one thing I know I'm terrible at judging when to go for.  I suspect it's a good idea more often than I estimate.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

mith

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: mith
  • Respect: +778
    • View Profile
    • MafiaScum.net
Re: Possible New Feature
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 06:33:40 pm »

One thing that might skew these numbers slightly is the fourth end-game condition: resignation. If I had to guess, resignations are more likely with crippling attacks and those sort of games tend to result in a 3-Pile ending more often than otherwise expected... but that's just a guess.

Still a worthwhile stat though, and one I would be interested to see. (I expect that the 3-Pile "effect" stat correlates positively with mean skill.)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 20 queries.