Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: double tactician golden deck  (Read 1031 times)

def

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +166
    • View Profile
double tactician golden deck
« on: December 23, 2012, 04:45:26 pm »

In this game, I have a plan from the start featuring most cards of the board that I completely achieve as late as turn 17 due to many misplays (trashing a wrong card, forgetting to save an action for tactician, changing from baron to something else).

By that time, I've set up a double tactician deck with shanty town as a village, laboratories as card draw, workshop as card gainers for bishop to trash, gaining/buying and trashing three cards each turn while having exactly the right amount of actions and cards to repeat the same thing over the next turns to overcome a 0-8 province split. My opponent would have won, though, if he had been a bit luckier to buy the last province a turn earlier.

PS: There is the Golden Deck thread, and the Double Tactician thread, but I couldn't decide where to put it, so a new thread to make this subforum even more organized.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 07:40:19 am by def »

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
Re: double tactician golden deck
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 08:18:32 pm »

Hrm... it doesn't quite count as a Golden Deck because it's possible for you to have ten cards in hand and have neither Tactician nor Laboratory in hand.  Sure, it's unlikely... but if it happened, you were done.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

zahlman

• Minion
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
Re: double tactician golden deck
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 09:34:55 pm »

Hrm... it doesn't quite count as a Golden Deck because it's possible for you to have ten cards in hand and have neither Tactician nor Laboratory in hand.  Sure, it's unlikely... but if it happened, you were done.

At the end he has:

4 Laboratories, 4 Shanty Towns, 3 Bishops, 2 Tacticians, 2 Workshops, 2 Estates

If he starts with both Estates, both Workshops and all Bishops in hand, then the other three cards are either Tac, Lab or Shanty Town. So if they're all Shanty Town then he barely has enough Actions for his cards in hand, and won't activate draw from the Shanty Towns, yeah. So this is technically not guaranteed, but really close. :)

He also isn't in horrible shape if he misses, since then he's still going to pick up the other Tac on the next hand (and might draw deck anyway?). But with the game being as close as it was...

(BTW, I added a bunch of stuff to the Golden Deck wiki page yesterday, if you're interested :) )
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 09:47:37 pm by zahlman »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.053 seconds with 20 queries.