Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7 [All]

Author Topic: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (PMs being sent)  (Read 16688 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (PMs being sent)
« on: December 21, 2012, 09:20:21 pm »

Ok, I'm really excited about this theme game, actually and I hope you guys will play, even if you're not that into Star Trek. I think I've learned a lot about balance since the last time I modded.

I am happy to wait a long time to start this, if too many games are starting at once. But I am really eager to mod again. So let's just see what happens.

IN LIST:
1. ashersky
2. Robz
3. yuma
4. Eevee
5. Shraeye
6. Cuzz
7. Glooble
8. Raerae
9. liopoil
10. mcmcsalot 
11. Jimmmmm
12. theorel
13. sparky5856
14. Dsell
15. Galzria

Assistant Mod: SwitchedFromStarcraft

The game is for 15 players, and the setup is semi-open.

You're on Deep Space Nine, just before the start of the Dominion War. At a busy port on the wild frontier of space, it's hard to keep track of all the comings and goings. Despite Odo's best efforts, a string of sabotages on the station have made it clear that someone on board is not what they seem to be.

It's possible that some crewmembers have secretly defected and joined the Maquis, a terrorist group within the Federation. It's also possible that a few crewmembers have been replaced by their mirror universe duplicates - you'd never know the difference if they shaved their goatee. And of course, there's the constant threat of changeling infiltration, though they wouldn't bother with a team. No if there's a changeling aboard he's a solitary serial killer.

Well, this won't do at all. Captain Sisko will take some crewmembers and trusted civilians off their regular duties and assigne them to investigate for the various threats.

Non-flavored information:
- The setup will either have two scum teams or one scum team and one serial killer. You won't know which.
- Either way, there will be three alignment cops: a Maquis cop, a Mirror Universe cop, and a changeling cop. These three will be guaranteed NOT the alignment they investigate for - but not guaranteed town.
- Everyone else will have a small role - either an X-shot version of a power role or a role of marginal or even negative utility.
- These roles, and characters, will be assigned 100% independent of alignment. Knowing someone's role or character will not tell you if they're scum, exception being of course the cops, and the IC-variant if there is one.
- There will be only one version of each character in game. So if there's a Mirror Universe Bashir, there won't also be a Changeling Bashir or a Bashir prime.
- No roles considered to be bastard. I am deciding whether or not I'll post a list of possible roles. I could probably be persuaded to do so.

Quick primer on Deep Space Nine:

It's the third Star Trek series, and the only one to be set on a space station rather than a ship. As such, it has a much richer tapestry of ongoing plotlines than other Star Treks, starting with the discovery of the galaxy's first stable wormhole (which is also home to non-linear time aliens who some characters worship as Gods) to a full on war with aliens from the other side of the wormhole that lasts the last 3 seasons of the show.

The Maquis are dissatisfied members of the Federation (the intergalactic alliance Earth is part of in the 24th century). When Starfleet officers defect to the Maquis on the show, they tend to do it secretly at first, using their rank and position to steal something to help the resistance. So a nice mafia flavor hook.

The Mirror Universe is a ridiculous Star Trek concept - an alternate reality where good people are evil and evil people are good. It started out in the original series, but DS9 did about one mirror universe episode per season.

Changelings are the big bosses of the Dominion, the bad guys in the war. Odo, the station's security chief, is a changeling, but he was raised in the alpha quadrant and he's loyal to the good guys. They can shape shift into animals, other people, inatimate objects, you name it. In the show, the Dominion replaces people with changeling operatives in order to destabilize the alpha quadrant and get them to weaken each other before launching an all out attack.

Knowing more about the show than that will help you make guesses about people's roles if you know their character. But even all that is more than you need to know for a mafia game.

Mafia Ruleset (blatantly stolen from Axxle)

Game Rules:

General Gameplay and Etiquette:
1. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it. Mafia members may communicate at night and during the confirmation stage.
3. If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions. In case of multiple submissions, the last valid one before the deadline will be used.
4. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).
5. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.
6. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 48 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.

Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:
1. A simple majority (rounded up) of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur prior to deadline.
2. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate. Further votes will also be ignored.
3. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
4. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName. Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold! Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
5. Please submit vote revocations as either Unvote: PlayerName or Unvote. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
6. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
7. This game will have 2 week lynch deadlines and 48-hour night deadlines, extended at my discretion for weekends and holidays. If a player or No Lynch does not have a simple majority at deadline, no lynch will occur, and the game will go into night.
8. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post. This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post. The dead in this game are silent.
9. Do not edit or delete posts. We don't want some players having more information than others.  If you want to clarify posts, feel free to double post.

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:
1. Bold, blue text is reserved for the Mod. No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
3. The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
4. Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.
5. Prods of missing players will be issued upon request after 48 hours of no activity. A prodded player has 48 hours to respond or risks replacement. A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to replacement without further notice.
6. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill.
7. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

Helpful Links:

« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 07:35:01 am by jotheonah »
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (sign-ups open)
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 09:21:46 pm »

probably /in...

you said this is more normal mafia than role madness?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 09:23:24 pm »

/in, even though I am woefully under-knowledgable about DS9.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 09:30:05 pm »

probably /in...

that's the goal... everyone has a role, but they should be more like little fun things than game-warping roles.

it'll probably be like halfway in between the two, tbh.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 09:35:45 pm »

probably /in...

that's the goal... everyone has a role, but they should be more like little fun things than game-warping roles.

it'll probably be like halfway in between the two, tbh.

yeah i'll /in... my name is yuma (it isn't really, but hey...) and I have a mafia addiction problem.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 10:40:05 pm »

Confirming in
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 10:57:43 pm »

I dont even know what DS9 is (probably too young?), but i really liked your earlier game and like i'd miss a game so /in if not knowing the flavor is acceptable.

i hope this runs at a time where people will have time to remember everyone in a setup this large. it's darn easy to overcommit yourself with so many fun games popping up!

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 11:01:35 am »

God I love mafia.  Count me in for now.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 02:15:04 pm »

/in

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2012, 06:00:50 pm »

I dont even know what DS9 is (probably too young?),

WAIT! WHAT?!?
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2012, 06:02:07 pm »

I dont even know what DS9 is (probably too young?),

WAIT! WHAT?!?
I'm actually not entirely sure what it is either.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2012, 06:05:15 pm »

I know what DS9 is, but Babylon 5 was sooooooooo much better, so I pretty much only lightly followed DS9.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2012, 11:49:25 pm »

Not opposed to running Babylon 5 mafia in the future if this goes well ;)

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2012, 12:05:40 am »

Not opposed to running Babylon 5 mafia in the future if this goes well ;)

You know why I loved B5 so much more? Honestly? I was a space geek growing up. I WENT to Space Camp in Alabama. Yeah, I was that kid. My Grandfather was good friends with John Glenn. Babylon 5 had a respect for space. They understood and considered the how of space flight. Sure, it was all Sci-Fi anyway, but it's realism felt so much greater for the consideration they put into the science behind the main location of the show.

Yeah, /geekrageoff

I'll admit, I never let myself know the characters of DS9 at the level I knew B5. So I can't knock the show for that. And honestly, as much as I love TNG, I am happy to admit that there was always something of a spark to DS9 that made it's stories feel deeper and richer than other ST shows. So hey, it probably was pretty damn good. But I fell in love with B5, and it's just one of those things now. B5 >>>> Anything else.

(((BSG is also pretty damn freakin' awesome)))

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2012, 05:00:47 am »

I know what DS9 is, but Babylon 5 was sooooooooo much better, so I pretty much only lightly followed DS9.
I don't know what babylon 5 is either. I'm guessing they are both either scifi movies or tv series.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2012, 01:46:26 pm »

I want to play, but I feel like that would be a conflict of interest with us living together irl (and given the small amount of help I've given you with the setup already.)

So can I back-up mod/ help you with the flavor?

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2012, 02:02:56 pm »

I want to play, but I feel like that would be a conflict of interest with us living together irl (and given the small amount of help I've given you with the setup already.)

Glooble. you should come play in this game http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=6052.0

It is about to start and has a limited sign up time--I think ~20 hours left. So if you want in, in soon!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2012, 02:29:14 pm »

Whatever you want, but I think you could play. You suggested one role which I may not even use.

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2012, 02:38:28 pm »

I will play then.

/in.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2012, 08:47:35 pm »

Simple subtraction will tell you that SN9 iss six better.

I was never a full star trek fan (i.e. only watched it occasionally, and not completely), and DS9 is not as good as TNG, but is quite nice still.

That, and Jadzia is the hottest Trek-Chick :D

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2012, 08:50:57 pm »

(((BSG is also pretty damn freakin' frakkin' awesome)))

FTFY.

Also, I fullheartedly agree. Or, shall I say "So say we all!"

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2012, 09:05:42 pm »

FTFY.

Still haven't seen an episode of BSG.  I do own it all though, so I just need to convince the wife it should be our next show.

I never had any interest until I caught some of Caprica randomly which seemed really cool.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2012, 09:07:08 pm »

Meh, I didn't like Caprica, it was too much family drama and not nuff Sci-Fi stuff, quit watching it quite soon.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2012, 09:19:59 pm »

I love that we're having this great sci-fi conversation, but I can't help but notice a lot of you are parked in my thread and not /inning.

He/him

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2012, 09:23:55 pm »

I might in, I dunno in how many I inned already.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2012, 07:29:12 am »

FTFY.

Still haven't seen an episode of BSG.  I do own it all though, so I just need to convince the wife it should be our next show.

I never had any interest until I caught some of Caprica randomly which seemed really cool.

If you are talking about the new one, I wouldn't bother.

Its brilliant for about 2 seires...then it just becomes the biggest boring show I have ever seen!

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2012, 09:09:44 am »

Against my better judgement (and sound advice from elsewhere), I'm in.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2012, 09:43:49 am »

Who's advising you not to join my games? Is it Galzria? Man, that guy.

He/him

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2012, 09:53:22 am »

Everybody says you're trouble.  Just everybody.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2012, 10:10:14 am »

Me?

ME?

Hey man, don't drag MY name into this! I've got nothin' to do with nobody!

Mafia Record:

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2012, 12:49:51 pm »

I'm eyeballing this, but I'm also concerned this will be running concurrently with Major Arcana Mafia II, and I have learned from experience that I really should only be in one "real" (i.e., non-bastard) mafia game at a time.

joth, if the games overlap - would you like me on board as back-up mod?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2012, 01:03:53 pm »

Volt, you have a standing invitation, and in that case I would also be obliged if you'd glance over the setup.

But, I may be obliged to wait until Major Arcana is well underway to begin, so let's hold off for now.

He/him

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2012, 03:26:55 pm »

That, and Jadzia is the hottest Trek-Chick :D
Tough call there between Jadzia and Seven of Nine in Voyager. I'd have to go with Jeri Ryan over Terry Farrell.

Of course, Ryan doesn't have an asteroid named after her.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2012, 03:30:23 pm »

Minor correction:  I said he was double trouble.
Posting begets posting.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2012, 04:17:13 pm »

Sfs, would love for you to play! You clearly know the show.

If there's anyone who is 100% sure they aren't playing and has mod experience, the setup could use a critical eye. PM me.

He/him

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2012, 05:58:48 pm »

Minor correction:  I said he was double trouble.

Couldn't find the quote.  Thanks :)

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2012, 08:10:31 pm »

/drunkin

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2012, 09:51:28 pm »

Sfs, would love for you to play! You clearly know the show.

If there's anyone who is 100% sure they aren't playing and has mod experience, the setup could use a critical eye. PM me.
I appreciate the invite, but I'm gonna have to pass.  Happy to be a backup mod though, if you want another.  On the topic of the setup, don't know if I could help much there - don't know if I would know balanced vs. imbalanced.
Posting begets posting.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2012, 01:03:20 am »

Would people like this more if it were an open setup? I'm contemplating posting a list of characters and their roles. Or maybe just posting the list of characters. Or just a list of possible roles. I JUST DON'T KNOW.

He/him

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2012, 01:15:18 am »

I don't think it's filling up toooo slowly considering that it's a large game and you posted the sign-ups around Christmas. That said, I don't think I can /in, I'm committed to a few games already and don't want to be overcommitted.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2012, 01:39:49 am »

I love your games, Jo, but I don't really know the flavor well enough to /in.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2012, 08:41:46 am »

I've got my eye on this (officially now), but it will depend on how MXVIII is going. Need to be careful not to overcommit again.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2012, 02:49:39 pm »

Nit sure how that is relevant, the flavour doesnt influence the actual roles, no more than any other made up role madness games.

All flabour really does is influence the flavour (apart from a special couple of games)

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2012, 02:49:58 pm »

I dont mind checking setup for balance as wont be playing

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2012, 05:03:26 pm »

Nit sure how that is relevant, the flavour doesnt influence the actual roles, no more than any other made up role madness games.

All flabour really does is influence the flavour (apart from a special couple of games)
Yeah, but it will feel like I'm missing something the entire time. I may still in, maybe.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2012, 07:50:03 pm »

I would like to be included in this mafia game. A little bit about myself, it will be my first one on this forum. I am Robz888's younger brother and look forward to playing with you all.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2012, 07:56:38 pm »

I would like to be included in this mafia game. A little bit about myself, it will be my first one on this forum. I am Robz888's younger brother and look forward to playing with you all.

Robz888's younger brother? Awesome, good to have you! But here, let me fix the above for you:

/auto-in

Mafia Record:

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2012, 07:59:02 pm »

There are more of them!

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2012, 08:00:45 pm »

You're lying, aren't you?  You're just a second account of Robz' because you can't /in enough.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2012, 12:35:08 am »

awesome! We like your brother, so we will probably like you as well!

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2012, 09:04:47 am »

Welcome!  You weren't born on 9/9/99 were you? Cause that would just be               weird.
Posting begets posting.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2012, 11:00:27 am »

We just need 5 more! I think we will start when major arcana hits night 1, if all goes well.

He/him

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2012, 11:39:54 am »

9. drunkGrujah

Does this need that I have to play drunk?

Or just that I'll get to be the Saul Tigh of DS9, whichever character that might be?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2012, 12:00:19 pm »

awesome! We like your brother, so we will probably like you as well!
Wait...we like Robz??  Ooooohhhhh, I guess I've been doing it wrong all this time.  ;D

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2012, 01:04:51 pm »

Well, it's not like we lynch him day 1 all the time!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2012, 01:24:44 pm »

9. drunkGrujah

Does this need that I have to play drunk?

Or just that I'll get to be the Saul Tigh of DS9, whichever character that might be?

I could make you Morn. I seriously considered including him in the setup, but there's no role for him that makes sense except VT (or a No Posting post restriction).

Seriously, though, I should probably change that back to just Grujah, assuming you actually want to play.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2012, 03:44:06 pm »

Come on, 5 more! At least that many people have posted here without /inning. And Major Arcana just went into Night 1.

He/him

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2012, 06:30:42 pm »

Um um um yes okay I'll /in. I think I can handle playing in two and backup modding one.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2012, 06:56:50 pm »

HEY! Quit stealing my backup mods!
Posting begets posting.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2012, 06:58:25 pm »

Joth, you should beat on Robz to get his brother in here. 
Posting begets posting.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2012, 07:02:30 pm »

he's already signed up!

He/him

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2012, 07:15:14 pm »

he's already signed up!
Derp.  From downstage left: "Hey SFS, go read post 50".

This is why it's best I'm only in one game at a time.

Now I'm off to take my own advice for ZM9.  Hey Robz....
Posting begets posting.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2012, 09:27:06 pm »

I am here, and becoming more and more excited to play as i follow Mafia XVII. Also I apologize in advance for my lack of knowing the terminology. Finally I forgive you all for D1 lynching me as a townie seeing as you will have no reads.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2012, 09:29:40 pm »

I am here, and becoming more and more excited to play as i follow Mafia XVII. Also I apologize in advance for my lack of knowing the terminology. Finally I forgive you all for D1 lynching me as a townie seeing as you will have no reads.
MC, go sign up for ZM9, and kick Robz butt.  (All roles will be assigned randomly, but I know a guy, who...).
Posting begets posting.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2012, 09:32:35 pm »

MC, go sign up for ZM9, and kick Robz butt.  (All roles will be assigned randomly, but I know a guy, who...).
Isn't that a veteran only game?

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2012, 09:41:32 pm »

Not at all.  The title of the thread is something that stuck at game #3, and we retain it for flavor only.  You'd be more than welcome, and I make that clear in the opening post.  The setup is not at all complicated, and we had a guy in the last game that had never played before.

To enter, you'll need to read the OP and follow the directions.
Posting begets posting.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2012, 10:14:05 pm »

He means ZMX.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2012, 10:19:02 pm »

He means ZMX.

Yeah, but it's Robz' brother. I say throw him into the shark tank and see if he can swim. ZM-X is a perfect fit.

Mafia Record:

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2012, 10:29:48 pm »

He means ZMX.

Yeah, but it's Robz' brother. I say throw him into the shark tank and see if he can swim. ZM-X is a perfect fit.

I'll put him the pool for open slots and see how the chips fall.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2012, 02:40:49 pm »

I don't know how to get the last 4 for this. One or more of the following factors is at play:

1) too many games going
2) people don't grok the flavor/don't think it will be fun if they don't like the flavor
3) people's experience with my games is that they are not fun/ I am a bad mod for whatever reason
4) some subset of the forum has decided they don't like setups with multiple scum teams

Let me address each in turn.

1) If this is the problem, we will just wait and it will take care of itself.

2) You all have been on this forum long enough to know that most mafia games just turn into mafia games and the flavor is just that: flavor. This game will be fun because the setup is interesting, even if you know nothing about any Star Treks at all.

3) This is actually the fist non-bastard game I've ever run that I've made up myself. So if you think you know how I mod based on MV, BMV, and BMVI, think again. This game will be a whole different animal. Also, I am learning lessons from every game and becoming a better mod each time I think.

If you need more assurance than that, I'm willing to post the whole setup publicly and run it as an open setup. The only reason I haven't done that is I'm afraid someone will figure out how to break it and that would be sad. But I will. I've run it by eHalc and made some changes based on his suggestions already.

4) Well in that case, this game is just not for you and no hard feelings.

Are there any other concerns I can address that would get more vets to sign up?

He/him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2012, 05:33:07 pm »

I think you are a very good mod, wouldn't worry about that. You are missing a lot of the veteran crowd (Galzria, yuma, Insomniac, Frisk, ehunt, theorel, etc), I think the problem sadly might be that people are getting bored with playing mafia / want to only play certain type of games (blitz vs normal, closed vs open setups, large vs small games, etc).

Again, I don't think having trouble filling a 15 player game has got anything to do with you.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2012, 05:34:37 pm »

Lol invisiyuma did it again. Incredible!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2012, 05:43:36 pm »

Hey I'm in the veteran crowd, right? :P

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2012, 05:51:13 pm »

Well, /in and prove it! (Knew I shouldnt have started listing people..)

Anyone else I offended (Axxle, SfS, Volt, Jorbles, Archetype, etc), sorrryyyy. Join the game anyways!

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2012, 05:51:36 pm »

Joth, this is gonna be great, stick to your guns and keep the set-up as is.  If people don't want to play then they're just 'fraidy cats who don't like fun.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2012, 05:57:06 pm »

Did not meant to sound like I was throwing a pity party! Just trying to suss out what was keeping people away, and I thought it would have been a little arrogant to leave that possibility out!

He/him

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2012, 06:00:30 pm »

Anyone else I offended (Axxle, SfS, Volt, Jorbles, Archetype, etc), sorrryyyy. Join the game anyways!

I'm so offended. :P

But I dooon't think I have time for this. I'm queued up for several other games and I just don't know when they're starting.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2012, 06:06:20 pm »

But I dooon't think I have time for this. I'm queued up for several other games and I just don't know when they're starting.

I've got it worked out.  You can in, draw scum, and we'll kill you off right away because this town is gonna be awesome.  I see no possible flaws with this.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2012, 06:09:00 pm »

I've got it worked out.  You can in, draw scum, and we'll kill you off right away because this town is gonna be awesome.  I see no possible flaws with this.

I only draw scum in Voltgloss' games!

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2012, 06:24:42 pm »

Hey be happy yours was the first I /in'd for after my brother raving about games for a long time. I'm very excited and know nothing about the flavor.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 30, 2012, 06:32:15 pm »

Mafia Record:

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2012, 09:57:25 pm »

Joth, this is gonna be great, stick to your guns and keep the set-up as is.  If people don't want to play then they're just 'fraidy cats who don't like fun.
I completely agree with this sentiment.  This will be a great game Joth, and the flavor and approach are a large part of the reason why.  Don't sweat it.

The only reason I'm not playing is that the games seem to me a magnet for stuff going haywire in my real life, and my belief system is such that I treat that as a message, and have to stay accountable.  It's why I let modding XXI go.  The blitz games are enough to scratch my itch, and modding blitz takes less time than playing.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 09:59:38 pm by SwitchedFromStarcraft »
Posting begets posting.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2012, 09:58:33 pm »

Eeevee - I can't speak for anyone else, but you've not offended me in any way, at any time.
Posting begets posting.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2012, 09:59:53 pm »

Agree with all.  I think folks are just getting better about taking it slowly with committing.  I think we're at the right level for number of games...2 regular, 1/2 RMM, 1 Bastard is ideal. 

This will fill.  I tend to think, if it isn't RMM, flavor is more for the mod, like my Buffy game.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2012, 01:14:20 am »

Well I'm back to being in zero Mafia games. :(

Let's get this one started!

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2012, 08:11:12 am »

Yay, Jimmmmm!!  Welcome to the cool kids' table  ;)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 31, 2012, 09:37:31 am »

Going to have to get used to you not being an IC. Unless of course you're an IC again.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 31, 2012, 10:05:40 am »

I think the delay in getting this started will resolve itself with:

(1) the end of holidays (New Year's);
(2) people dying in other games (cough Major Arcana II enormous body count cough); and
(3) people's attention shifting away from other games (Casino Helsinki being in the intense late stages - and we have short deadlines left so that can't last TOO much longer).

As mentioned in the Shakespeare Mafia thread, I am seriously looking at joining this now due to my untimely death in Major Arcana II.  But I'm finishing the creation of Shakespeare Mafia first.  One step at a time.  Once that game setup is done, I'll be revisitin' this.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 31, 2012, 10:19:36 am »

Going to have to get used to you not being an IC. Unless of course you're an IC again.

Naw, you just go on believing everything I say is in the best interest of townies everywhere  ;D

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 31, 2012, 10:22:28 am »

raerae's performance in Tabula Rasa is still the most impressive IC showing I've ever seen.  Successfully zeroed in on scum twice in two consecutive days, out of the ENTIRE rest of town.  Incredible.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 31, 2012, 10:27:24 am »

raerae's performance in Tabula Rasa is still the most impressive IC showing I've ever seen.  Successfully zeroed in on scum twice in two consecutive days, out of the ENTIRE rest of town.  Incredible.

Awe, shucks.  You're gonna make me blush.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 31, 2012, 06:30:26 pm »

And he's playing in ZM9, when it starts.  Speccy will be available.

/blatant promotion

raerae, you can send me the $20 via PayPal
Posting begets posting.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 31, 2012, 09:30:24 pm »

/blatant promotion

Also, he's a she.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 31, 2012, 09:31:21 pm »

/blatant promotion

Also, he's a she.

Guys, totally don't let him in on the joke.  He keeps thinking I'm a she and I just want to see how long I can fool him :)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 31, 2012, 09:34:28 pm »

/blatant promotion

Also, he's a she.

Guys, totally don't let him in on the joke.  He keeps thinking I'm a she and I just want to see how long I can fool him :)

You must be QUITE convincing....

Mafia Record:

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 31, 2012, 09:36:14 pm »

/blatant promotion

Also, he's a she.

Galz, you know these things.  Let's also not tell him that...

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 01, 2013, 04:57:56 am »

/blatant promotion

Also, he's a she.

Galz, you know these things.  Let's also not tell him that...
Hahahaha oh man, where is that upvote button!

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 01, 2013, 08:46:23 am »

/blatant promotion

Also, he's a she.

+312
Posting begets posting.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 01, 2013, 03:00:42 pm »

Clearly a lie, there are no girls on the internet.

Also, I can non-mod confirm this game looks good as I have seen the set up!

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 01, 2013, 11:13:41 pm »

I would want to play, but I have a lot of stuff I need to do irl in the next couple of .  So I could either be very inactive for the first bit, I could not play, or if it doesn't start for a week or two, I could play.  I would need a little bit more information (sorry if this was mentioned in this thread, I haven't looked through the whole thing).
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 02, 2013, 08:00:48 am »

I would want to play, but I have a lot of stuff I need to do irl in the next couple of .  So I could either be very inactive for the first bit, I could not play, or if it doesn't start for a week or two, I could play.  I would need a little bit more information (sorry if this was mentioned in this thread, I haven't looked through the whole thing).
FoS: Sudgy, for not reading the whole thread.
Posting begets posting.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 02, 2013, 08:59:18 am »

At this rate, it's very possible it won't start for a week or two. But I don't want to commit to that. But come back then and if it still hasn't started, sign up. I can run this set up with a few extra people with some minor tweaks.

He/him

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 02, 2013, 10:27:14 am »

Okay, holidays over (mostly).  Back to work, which means I need some mafia to read while I wait for eclipse to crash...again. :)
i.e. \in.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 02, 2013, 05:44:19 pm »

if you don't make it into this game, check out this one instead. It will start a little bit after jot's

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 02, 2013, 07:19:55 pm »

if you don't make it into this game, check out this one instead. It will start a little bit after jot's

Cheers.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 02, 2013, 07:42:57 pm »

I am again in zero games meaning this needs to start! who can I annoyingly PM to tell them to get in here?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 02, 2013, 07:49:35 pm »

I am again in zero games meaning this needs to start! who can I annoyingly PM to tell them to get in here?

Everybody.  It's a race to see who gets the last 3 (?) spots!!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 02, 2013, 07:51:17 pm »

Sorry guys I'm super busy at the moment I'm going to have to /out.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 02, 2013, 07:51:30 pm »

/in. HAHA I WIN!

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 02, 2013, 07:52:05 pm »

/in. HAHA I WIN!

You make me giggle, Jimmmmm.  Thanks.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 02, 2013, 07:53:48 pm »

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 03, 2013, 12:21:54 am »

MOVE OUT OF THE WAY PEOPLE THE LURKER IS SIGNING UP

/in

I know very little about Star Trek but I have a feeling this will be good.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 03, 2013, 12:23:03 am »

I'm in right?  I need another VT mislynch in my sig.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 03, 2013, 12:23:18 am »

F to the yeah :)

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 03, 2013, 12:24:02 am »

Aw, ashersky, I'll mislynch your face straight off, no worries!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 03, 2013, 12:51:42 am »

Man...looking over the sign-up list, I really want to play with raerae, mcrobzbro, and some people I haven't seen in a while like Gloob.

In. :)

(Dangit, this is the same day I decide to try to play the Iso leaderboard again...)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 03, 2013, 01:17:20 am »

I do believe that's F - 1.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 03, 2013, 01:51:50 am »

Ashersky get your ass in here!!

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 03, 2013, 01:53:18 am »

Man...looking over the sign-up list, I really want to play with raerae, mcrobzbro, and some people I haven't seen in a while like Gloob.

(Dangit, this is the same day I decide to try to play the Iso leaderboard again...)
Yaaayyy, Dsell!

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 03, 2013, 01:55:46 am »

Just sucking you over to the dark side :)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 03, 2013, 08:59:30 am »

1 more! Voltgloss, you know you want to.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 03, 2013, 08:41:48 pm »

Just rolled the setup. Writing PMs. Someone shanghai your roommate or girlfriend or roommate's girlfriend or girlfriend's roommate or something.

He/him

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 03, 2013, 09:04:44 pm »

/out. Wont have conistance accss and need to town down games cuz of college.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 03, 2013, 09:13:52 pm »

/in!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 03, 2013, 09:22:06 pm »

He/him

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 03, 2013, 09:31:42 pm »

Grujah escaped by 9 minutes XD.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 03, 2013, 09:40:57 pm »

Vote: Grujah for hedging and slowing the game down.

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 03, 2013, 10:43:13 pm »

bahahaha. +1

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 03, 2013, 10:45:11 pm »

When

Do

We

Start

This game gets more posts per hour than ZM9, which is in Day 2.
Posting begets posting.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 03, 2013, 10:58:55 pm »

We still need a player. PMs are actually written now.

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 03, 2013, 11:01:12 pm »

Sigh.

I hate you. (Not really).

You win. Everybody else is waiting, no need to keep them. I'll play. But I'll warn you now that you'll see a quieter Galz here.

Mafia Record:

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 03, 2013, 11:02:05 pm »

Sigh.

I hate you. (Not really).

You win. Everybody else is waiting, no need to keep them. I'll play. But I'll warn you now that you'll see a quieter Galz here.

hooray!

automatic MVP nomination for Galz! Hip-Hip-Hooray.

For he is a jolly good fellow...

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 03, 2013, 11:03:11 pm »

Yay! Galz, come to Boston I'll buy you a beer. Everybody else, hang tight, gotta add some rules to the intro post and make the QTs, then it's PM time and we can start once folks confirm.

He/him

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 03, 2013, 11:11:22 pm »

When

Do

We

Start

ZING!!

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 03, 2013, 11:12:13 pm »

Yay! Galz, come to Boston I'll buy you a beer. Everybody else, hang tight, gotta add some rules to the intro post and make the QTs, then it's PM time and we can start once folks confirm.

Drooling my face straight off waiting for this bidness.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 03, 2013, 11:30:39 pm »

Gonna go ahead and lock this thread. As you get your PMs, keep in mind:

1) Please confirm to me by PM.
2) Remember the names of the scum teams are Maquis, Mirror Universe, and Changeling (which is a serial killer) and that 2 of the 3 will exist in the setup.
3) I've given you each a link to your character's page on the Star Trek wiki. It isn't required reading, but it might have some merit.
4) Theory, if you could move this to the active game thread I'd be grateful.

He/him

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 03, 2013, 11:46:14 pm »

When

Do

We

Start

ZING!!
Are you everywhere???
You are more places on this site than Galz, and that's damn hard to be.

Stooopid phat skills.
Posting begets posting.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 03, 2013, 11:47:21 pm »

When

Do

We

Start

ZING!!
Are you everywhere???
You are more places on this site than Galz, and that's damn hard to be.

Stooopid phat skills.

Don't question.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (PMs being sent)
« Reply #138 on: January 03, 2013, 11:54:06 pm »

PMs are away! Thread is LOCKED! Please confirm by PM, chat in your QTs if you got em, and I will fire this up as soon as everyone's settled.

He/him

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 04, 2013, 12:13:54 am »

Tagged to follow and possibly sub if need be.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 04, 2013, 07:35:54 am »

Waiting on confirmations still.

Added rules to the OP and made some clarifications to the setup info, including correcting something that was technically factually inaccurate. My apologies.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 04, 2013, 08:50:37 am »

Need 5 more confirms.

He/him

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 04, 2013, 09:54:34 am »

Good luck with that.  ;D

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 04, 2013, 11:09:36 am »

Alright, everyone is confirmed, but I want to give ample time for planning and strategizing in QTs, so the game will begin at 7 p.m. EST. Re-opening the thread for (and only for) a discussion of whether people would like to start the game in a new thread or carry on here. Thoughts?

He/him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 04, 2013, 11:49:52 am »

New thread, more accurate post counts is better.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 04, 2013, 11:53:08 am »

New thread, new thread!

I'm trying to push it as standard!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 04, 2013, 12:15:05 pm »

Alright, everyone is confirmed, but I want to give ample time for planning and strategizing in QTs, so the game will begin at 7 p.m. EST. Re-opening the thread for (and only for) a discussion of whether people would like to start the game in a new thread or carry on here. Thoughts?

SAME thread. I HATE new threads. Unnecessary clutter.

The solution for more accurate post counts is for everybody to stop posting so darn much pre-game, and also, just filter them out when you do it. I do manual counts.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 04, 2013, 12:16:31 pm »

Said the first mod to implement a split thread. :P

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 04, 2013, 12:18:41 pm »

The solution for more accurate post counts is for everybody to stop posting so darn much pre-game, and also, just filter them out when you do it. I do manual counts.

Another solution.  When the thread opens for game, the first post is a postcount of everything up until that point.  Subtract this off future totals.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 04, 2013, 12:22:40 pm »

Excuse me? I think you'll find that was me! Before your time though i suppose so I shall let you off!

And surely unecessary clutter is the 50+ posts we have in this thread, it can be locked and dropped off and a fresh post started.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: January 04, 2013, 12:24:24 pm »

Excuse me? I think you'll find that was me! Before your time though i suppose so I shall let you off!

And surely unecessary clutter is the 50+ posts we have in this thread, it can be locked and dropped off and a fresh post started.

Hey, BMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM was not before my time! But I didn't realize it was a split thread. My bad!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 04, 2013, 12:24:45 pm »

Pre-game talking about having accurate post counts exacerbates the problem!!!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 04, 2013, 12:26:08 pm »

Don't be so grumpy! Pre-game chatter is fun, and it also build the hype for the game up nicely. Shraeye's idea of doing the post counts when the game starts is a solid one though.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 04, 2013, 12:34:19 pm »

I'm leaning toward a nice, clean new thread at this point. That way I can put the sign-up list, the rules, and the setup info in 3 separate posts too.

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 04, 2013, 12:36:22 pm »

I'm leaning toward a nice, clean new thread at this point. That way I can put the sign-up list, the rules, and the setup info in 3 separate posts too.

Fine!

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 04, 2013, 12:39:04 pm »

bwahahahaha

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 04, 2013, 12:39:34 pm »

bwahahahahaha

Also:  I fail at quoting

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 04, 2013, 02:12:19 pm »

bwahahahahaha

Mod of the Year = epic fail at quoting.

/Mod troll
Posting begets posting.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 04, 2013, 02:19:05 pm »

bwahahahahaha

/Mod troll

Guilty as charged.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 04, 2013, 02:22:01 pm »

bwahahahahaha

/Mod troll

Guilty as charged.

Fixed that for you.

Mafia Record:

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 04, 2013, 05:43:17 pm »

Probably too late but, same thread.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 04, 2013, 07:12:38 pm »

It is indeed too late. The new game has begun here:

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=6314.new#new

He/him
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7 [All]

Page created in 3.921 seconds with 19 queries.