Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Mah Storahj Sew-Looshun  (Read 3802 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
Mah Storahj Sew-Looshun
« on: October 11, 2015, 09:34:03 pm »
+3

I know others have posted things like this, but I finally got around to just compacting my collection - I was getting tired of having to pick and choose which expansion to bring to game nights, and always bringing Hinterlands because that's where I shoved the pretty Base Cards.  I actually got this idea from... I want to say Voltaire?  I don't remember exactly, but it was a dude-man from here that I was Skype-playing with, and he had everything done this way. probably either BeyondAwesome or Chris is Me, my memory is apparently terrible.

The basic idea is you get pocket pages - you know those plastic things you may or may not have stored Pokemon (or hell, probably even MTG) cards in?  Just get, like, 30 of those.  Each pocket (9 per page) can fit stacks of 10-12 cards quite comfortably, and you can even shove Rats and the Events into pockets and they'll be fine.  I got Ultra-Pro pages because that was literally the only thing they had at Walmart (seriously, it was just one pack of 35, shoved under some homework folders next to the Scotch tape, it was weird).  My one concern is that with the regular 3-ring binder, you have to be careful not to tilt it upside-down, or cards might start slipping out.  My next step will probably be to get zip-up binders to protect against that very catastrophe.

Anyway, here's some pictures, and thanks!  Voltaire people... I think.

Also - I've ordered things in wiki order - by set, by cost, then by name.  Non-supply cards are stored next to their parent cards (if there's only one), and at the beginning or end of a set if used by more than one card, along with expansion basic cards (Shelters, Platina, etc).

Before:

After:

Shove all those mats and tokens and shit in Hinterlands with the basic cards (don't carry spare base cards, because fuck 5/6 player games):

Nice and tidy and compact:

« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 02:54:13 pm by werothegreat »
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1887
    • View Profile
Re: Mah Storahj Sew-Looshun
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 12:35:10 am »

Have more pride! You need a better cover page than that. :p

Seriously, though, looks good! I wouldn't have thought you could fit all 10-12 cards into a slot without jamming them in there.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 12:46:26 am »

Have more pride! You need a better cover page than that. :p

I think of it more as utilitarian than pride-lacking.

Seriously, though, looks good! I wouldn't have thought you could fit all 10-12 cards into a slot without jamming them in there.

I was surprised myself.  They fit quite well!  And with 30 pages, there's enough room to spread out the Traveller upgrades, separate out Hermit and Urchin from their upgrades, a slot for prizes, slots for Potion/Platinum/Colony (both normal and pretty art), and then spread the Ruins out over 5 slots.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 12:53:28 am »

Actually,  I'm the one that uses binders. Zip up binders ate a good idea.  Maybe Voltaire uses binderstwhile as well.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +2146
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 01:10:26 am »

I don't know why I never thought of this.  I have some Pokemon binders I could put all my Dominion cards in.  Does anyone know if they'll fit with sleeves?

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3458
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 07:02:24 am »
+1

I don't know why I never thought of this.  I have some Pokemon binders I could put all my Dominion cards in.  Does anyone know if they'll fit with sleeves?

At least with penny sleeves, they work just fine. I'd recommend a trapper keeper / zip up binder though. Also, be sure that you put the same number of cards into any particular slot as they permanently deform when you stretch them out like this (i.e.: don't put other Kingdom cards in slots where VP went, etc, they'll be too loose).

Used a binder solution for about a year until I recently caved and bought the Hobby Lobby box and made dividers. The binder is definitely a great solution, second only to the Hobby Lobby box. My only complaint is about how long it takes to actually get cards out of the binder - it can take a minute to flip through pages to find what you're looking for. Not a huge deal though. Certainly faster than opening up 9 boxes.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 12:10:59 pm »

Okay, maybe more than one person has done this.  Well, thanks!

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
  • Respect: +1097
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2015, 02:31:49 pm »

Actually,  I'm the one that uses binders. Zip up binders ate a good idea.  Maybe Voltaire uses binderstwhile as well.

Nope, not me - I'm a former Hobby Lobby case guy who now just used white baseball card boxes with dividers. (Hobby Lobby case simply got too heavy - much easier to grab 2 of the 3 boxes they're now stored in and have 4-7 expansions at the ready, which is plenty and so much easier to transport)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2015, 02:48:34 pm »

I guess my memory is just terrible then.  It was probably either Chris is Me or BeyondAwesome, then.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2015, 03:48:32 pm »
+2

I made new binder covers:

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 21 queries.