Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36  All

Author Topic: Blitz Mafia VIII: Veterans and Friends (Mafia Wins Flawlessly)  (Read 78946 times)

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
Re: Blitz Mafia VIII: Veterans and Friends (Old or New) D1 Underway
« Reply #425 on: December 20, 2012, 04:25:04 pm »

No, you WERE scummy. The other option was that you were just softclaiming mason, but hey, we weren't supposed to talk about that. There's no need to softclaim mason either, so I still don't know what that was about.

This is starting to get really frustrating because both of our ICs are pushing for me, and they're both wrong.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 20, 2012, 04:25:19 pm »

And by the end of the day you'll know one. With the Masons deciding which is best to step forward, and at what time.

Yes. One will claim by the end of the day, making both IC's tomorrow no matter what happens.

Eevee, I think this is what Galz was talking about. When I saw them I kind of thought "Oh I guess that mean Galz is obvMason, which probably means he isn't."

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 20, 2012, 04:30:42 pm »

No, you WERE scummy. The other option was that you were just softclaiming mason, but hey, we weren't supposed to talk about that. There's no need to softclaim mason either, so I still don't know what that was about.

This is starting to get really frustrating because both of our ICs are pushing for me, and they're both wrong.

That's actually possible.  I was scummy-seeming, maybe, to gauge reactions.  It worked, in my opinion.  But now folks can go back and re-read all our interactions with the knowledge that Dest and I are Masons and see where it leads them.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 20, 2012, 04:31:54 pm »

ashersky, the reason I concluded you are more likely to be the 2nd mason was just poe/knowing my own role combined with Dest having a nonexpained town read on you.

Assume I'm town, should I be more or less likely to trust the IC's on Dsell given that they are wrong about me?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 20, 2012, 04:32:22 pm »

Well, I know I had a scum read on both the IC's...

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 20, 2012, 04:35:37 pm »

Well, I know I had a scum read on both the IC's...

So it is possible the ICs have wrong reads, as we've seen.

Here's what you should know about my posts specifically while re-reading.  My scumteam prediction was ridiculous, but based on my reads to that point.  So I did think those three were the scummiest at the time.  My scumteam prediction in my first post today is based on the same stuff.

I was a bit forceful and out there with some ideas to see how people would react, especially the fake claiming stuff.  Scum didn't bite, but I think it helped clear Galz in my mind.

Read it knowing I was doing it on purpose, and gauge how others reacted.  Think about how you would react as scum.  I think it's all there to be found.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 20, 2012, 04:37:36 pm »

Vote Count 1.6

Dsell (3) - Destierro, Ashersky, Robz888
Eevee (1) - Insomniac
Jimmm (1) - Dsell
Insomniac (1) - Galzria

Not voting: Jimmm, Eevee

With 8 alive, it takes 5 for a majority lynch to occur.  However, this is blitz mafia, and a plurality at the deadline WILL result in a lynch.  If a tie exists at the deadline, the Hidden Democracy mechanism will be implemented.

Deadline is today, Thursday, Dec. 19, at 8:00 PM forum time. (about 3 hours and 23 minutes from the timestamp on this post)
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 20, 2012, 04:38:55 pm »

If I am the lynch today, be VERY suspicious of whoever puts me at L-1 and hammers me.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 20, 2012, 04:42:14 pm »

If I am the lynch today, be VERY suspicious of whoever puts me at L-1 and hammers me.
This sounds like you are threatening people

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 20, 2012, 04:42:54 pm »

I was a bit forceful and out there with some ideas to see how people would react, especially the fake claiming stuff.  Scum didn't bite, but I think it helped clear Galz in my mind.

How did this give you a town read on Galz? I mean, yes he did his due diligence, but scumGalz is totally capable of that.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: December 20, 2012, 04:43:01 pm »

"townies if you vote for me you run the risk of me flipping town and you getting suspected"

why would you be especially suspicious? or VERY suspiciou like you put it.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 20, 2012, 04:44:47 pm »

This sounds like you are threatening people

I am a lil bit! If town refuses to vote for me, it forces scum to occupy those last two spots.

But really, the ideal thing is for me not to be lynched at all. I really think that both you and Jimmm are probably scum, so I advocate lynching either of you.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 20, 2012, 04:46:11 pm »

"townies if you vote for me you run the risk of me flipping town and you getting suspected"

why would you be especially suspicious? or VERY suspiciou like you put it.

Both ICs are already voting for me. It is so so easy for scum to get behind a mislynch that both ICs have already endorsed.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 20, 2012, 04:47:57 pm »

A lynch with two IC's is BETTER because I can know it's not scum driven.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 20, 2012, 04:53:17 pm »

So I'm not sure I'll be able to commit too much to this game now I've had some RL stuff come up thats quite important, so if someone wants to replace in thats fine, otherwise I'll do my best
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: December 20, 2012, 05:07:45 pm »

So I'm not sure I'll be able to commit too much to this game now I've had some RL stuff come up thats quite important, so if someone wants to replace in thats fine, otherwise I'll do my best

I hope everything is ok.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 20, 2012, 05:13:55 pm »

Yeah obv just take care of your IRL stuff, hope it's nothing too bad.

I don't think we necessarily need a replacement even, Insomniac has given us plenty of content this far. Would obviously be better though, and not too hard to find to a game this small.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 20, 2012, 05:16:33 pm »

Ash, I don't recall, but were you in Chicken Mafia (I get so lost with these games after they're done)?

The two biggest things I have against Insomniac are:

A) That his play was very off-putting early on. That's a little harder to pinpoint, but I've been decent at gut reading Insomniac lately. His interactions with Dsell were particularly... Forced sounding to me.

B) And this is why I ask about Chicken Mafia - but town!Insomniac is an extremely reactionary and passionate player. He doesn't take kindly to being voted on, and yells and screams when people make what he feels are bad cases on him. He hasn't at all done this here. Yes, he was a LITTLE jumpy when I listed him as possible scum and lynch target, but after I explained I got a "well, I didn't get that from before, but ok".

I just really feel like I'm looking at calculating scum!Insomniac, not play by your passion town!Insomniac.

I'm willing to vote Dsell, but his reaction to being voted by the IC's reads a little more townie than Insomniac's reactions.

---

Insomniac, if something is wrong, I'm truly sorry. I'm not picking on you because of it, and it has no bearing on my case here. We really don't want to lose you too.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 20, 2012, 05:16:38 pm »

Not scum driven, but very possibly scum finished. Which is why I'm telling people to be very suspicious of those who finish up my lynch.

Actually, scum is in an interesting position here. They know that both ICs are on the lynch, so that's a good excuse for getting on the lynch, EXCEPT that when I flip town, that means that the other 3 people on the lynch will be analyzed even more. So I'm not sure whether scum has incentive to get on my lynch or not, but my original point (be suspicious of those who finish my lynch) still stands.

I echo Galz when I say that I hope everything is alright for you, Insom.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 20, 2012, 05:17:01 pm »

Just re-read Eevee, and most of it seemed pretty genuine, I think. I feel like this is more normal Eevee than we've seen in the last couple of games, although he was Town in those game so I don't know.

I would like an explanation on this:

Lol, calling anyone "obvscum" at this point is quite preposterous. I do suspect ashersky a fair bit as well.

My town reads:
Galzria
Robz

Hard to read / scummy
Insomniac
Dsell

Scummy
Jimmm
Ashersky

Jimmms absence is in line with his behavior in all the other games fwiw, I don't feel he has been particularly lurky here.

Eevee, if your problem is not with my post count what is it? Or is it just elimination/wanting to have two in each category?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 20, 2012, 05:17:37 pm »

I hope everything is ok.

Yeah, this.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 20, 2012, 05:22:18 pm »

Okay, time to read Dsell and then Insom.

Pre-re-read thought on Dsell:

Could it possibly be a scum ploy to see a little heat on Dsell, and then deliberately push that further to make it look like scum are trying to lynch him ala Eevee's "Okay Dsell wagon is growing at an alarming rate. L-2!"?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 20, 2012, 05:22:20 pm »

Not scum driven, but very possibly scum finished. Which is why I'm telling people to be very suspicious of those who finish up my lynch.

Actually, scum is in an interesting position here. They know that both ICs are on the lynch, so that's a good excuse for getting on the lynch, EXCEPT that when I flip town, that means that the other 3 people on the lynch will be analyzed even more. So I'm not sure whether scum has incentive to get on my lynch or not, but my original point (be suspicious of those who finish my lynch) still stands.

I echo Galz when I say that I hope everything is alright for you, Insom.
Well, for me as a townie the situation is that there are two confirmed townies voting for you. Usually a wagon that large is concerning because it's likely scum driven, here I KNOW that's not the case. So stop trying to spin it around, what you say applies to every wagon ever.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 20, 2012, 05:27:44 pm »

Just re-read Eevee, and most of it seemed pretty genuine, I think. I feel like this is more normal Eevee than we've seen in the last couple of games, although he was Town in those game so I don't know.

I would like an explanation on this:

Lol, calling anyone "obvscum" at this point is quite preposterous. I do suspect ashersky a fair bit as well.

My town reads:
Galzria
Robz

Hard to read / scummy
Insomniac
Dsell

Scummy
Jimmm
Ashersky

Jimmms absence is in line with his behavior in all the other games fwiw, I don't feel he has been particularly lurky here.

Eevee, if your problem is not with my post count what is it? Or is it just elimination/wanting to have two in each category?
Well, when you've been online I've actually found your contributions good. Which is towny. And I don't blame you for not being online when everyone else is, that's just timezones/tough luck/different online habits.

I guess it' mostly a combination of PoE and knowing how well you sounded towny in the last game when you were scum. You are for sure a calculating and strong scum player who knows his town meta and how to emulate it. I have zero doubt in my mind you'd lurk any more as scum, in fact I'd expect you to play just this way. Problem with this game though, everyone is so good that it applies to all of you. I'm quite certain at least one of my town read trio, Galzria Robz and Dsell, is scum. I'm leaning towards Dsell (then Robz, Galzria still he strongest town read). If I had to call the scum team now, I'd say Dsell-Jimmmm-Insomniac, but I don't really know. And I am worried I just have a town bias for the way Galzria and Robz ALWAYS play this game.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 20, 2012, 05:28:31 pm »

Thanks all for the concern, needless to say everything SHOULD be ok but I have to do everything in my power to make sure that is the case. Don't think I'm leaving forum mafia just have some things to deal with in RL that are going to make the time I can contribute here less.

Galz I do not think you are picking on me, you had a scum read on me before my personal issue came up which is RL not Mafia related.

My rebuttal is that its hard to overreact to a gut feeling, there is no case there nothing I can do to make you think your gut is wrong. I argue that my interactions with Dsell were not fake and I did and still do find him scummy but I thought I had something with Desti, and I think Eevee is the scummier of the two
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36  All

Page created in 1.776 seconds with 21 queries.