Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36  All

Author Topic: Blitz Mafia VIII: Veterans and Friends (Mafia Wins Flawlessly)  (Read 78715 times)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Blitz Mafia VIII: Veterans and Friends (Old or New) D1 Underway
« Reply #400 on: December 20, 2012, 01:48:12 pm »

Bump, we need some more activity in here before I have to go as it draws closer and closer (~4 hours)

What do people think of my Eevee case I think it's better than Dsell on the basis that EVERYONE seems to find him scummy and want to lynch him

I think you very well could be partners with Dsell, tbh. I don't see Eevee being the lynch of the day. Most likely I'll support you/Dsell/Jimmmmm/(Ashersky unless he's a Mason)/maaaaybe Robz.

I'm curious as to why you listed me first am I your number 1 scum read? Do you think scum Insom would risk driving a case on an IC? Also if you think Dsell is my partner why haven't I voted for him?
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 20, 2012, 01:53:52 pm »

Bump, we need some more activity in here before I have to go as it draws closer and closer (~4 hours)

What do people think of my Eevee case I think it's better than Dsell on the basis that EVERYONE seems to find him scummy and want to lynch him

I think you very well could be partners with Dsell, tbh. I don't see Eevee being the lynch of the day. Most likely I'll support you/Dsell/Jimmmmm/(Ashersky unless he's a Mason)/maaaaybe Robz.

I'm curious as to why you listed me first am I your number 1 scum read? Do you think scum Insom would risk driving a case on an IC? Also if you think Dsell is my partner why haven't I voted for him?

Wow, a bit defensive. I haven't cast any votes, and didn't indicate I was listing orders.

Why would you push a case on an IC? Because you didn't know he was one. That's why we didn't have them claim early on, so that people would be forced to take stances on unknowns. Scum couldn't skate through by sucking up to the IC's out of the gates. Further, I went out of my way to try and give off Mason vibes, to discourage scum from "picking me" as their "scummy reads". This increased the chances that they would, in fact, pick a real Mason.

Why haven't you voted your "partner"? Because it's something scum!Insomniac CAN do, not WILL do.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 20, 2012, 01:55:33 pm »

Not being defensive Galz but up until now you never expressed a desire to vote for me. So it felt a bit outta the blue and something I feel I needed to respond to
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 20, 2012, 01:55:41 pm »

Galzria, you went out of your way to give off mason vibes? I must suck at this because I 100% missed that.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 20, 2012, 01:57:34 pm »

Galzria, you went out of your way to give off mason vibes? I must suck at this because I 100% missed that.

Well, I went out of my way to detail very precisely exactly what I would be planning on doing if I were a Mason, in the hopes that it would come across as "I'm a mason, who's planning on doing X". Maybe it wasn't quite as much as I thought?

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: December 20, 2012, 01:59:07 pm »

Well, I went out of my way to detail very precisely exactly what I would be planning on doing if I were a Mason, in the hopes that it would come across as "I'm a mason, who's planning on doing X". Maybe it wasn't quite as much as I thought?

I didn't get mason vibes. Several times I did get vibes that you thought you knew who some of the masons were and wanted to keep to yourself.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 20, 2012, 01:59:28 pm »

Not being defensive Galz but up until now you never expressed a desire to vote for me. So it felt a bit outta the blue and something I feel I needed to respond to

This was my very first full reads post of the game!:

Btw, should we do that scum reads/town reads thing? I feel like that's a fine and useful tool for town.

Normally we would have the ICs ask, but they haven't claimed, blah blah blah.

Anyway, I'll just start.

Likely Town: Galzria, Eevee, Insomniac (in that order, yes I have a stronger townread on Galz actually)

Lurking Scum (like, what have they even said?): Destierro, ashersky

Non-lurking scum: Jimm, Dsell

At this point I'd guess that the scum team is 3 of Destierro, ashersky, Jimm, and Dsell... based mostly on my townreads of the others.

Let's see....

I don't have any strong town reads, tbh. I can't argue with the LALL list, and I find Dsell less scummy than you make him out to be, but...

Probably Eevee is my Towniest, because he does seem to be happy-go-lucky Eevee - however that HASN'T been the town!Eevee showing up to most games recently, so... I'm wary still.

After Eevee is probably Robz. I honestly want to put Insomniac here, but something about his posts have felt forced. I'll reread and see if I cab put my finger on it.

Then comes Dsell, but I'll admit I have very little Meta information here. I don't know what town!Dsell vs scum!Dsell looks like, but isn't scum!Dsell more lurky? Despite his asking for credit, I do think he deserves some, do there's that.

Fourth is Insomniac. As stated above, he's felt a little forced, but I can't put my finger on it.

Jimmmmm/Ashersky/Destierro I've got nothing on, but one is likely to be town, and maybe two. I doubt very much that paints the scum team.

Mafia Record:

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 20, 2012, 02:01:59 pm »

Let's see....

I don't have any strong town reads, tbh. I can't argue with the LALL list, and I find Dsell less scummy than you make him out to be, but...

Probably Eevee is my Towniest, because he does seem to be happy-go-lucky Eevee - however that HASN'T been the town!Eevee showing up to most games recently, so... I'm wary still.

After Eevee is probably Robz. I honestly want to put Insomniac here, but something about his posts have felt forced. I'll reread and see if I cab put my finger on it.

Then comes Dsell, but I'll admit I have very little Meta information here. I don't know what town!Dsell vs scum!Dsell looks like, but isn't scum!Dsell more lurky? Despite his asking for credit, I do think he deserves some, do there's that.

Fourth is Insomniac. As stated above, he's felt a little forced, but I can't put my finger on it.

Jimmmmm/Ashersky/Destierro I've got nothing on, but one is likely to be town, and maybe two. I doubt very much that paints the scum team.

I don't see how wanting to be second and being 4th turns into willing to lynch but eh

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 20, 2012, 02:06:58 pm »

You were at the bottom, with three people I had no data points on below you. As I commented in that post, one of those three was likely town (Destierro is), and potentially two (my guess now is that's where the other Mason resides).

What's that leave? Dsell/Insomniac/X on the bottom. My only read that's really changed is that Robz is too damn good, and I -never- feel comfortable with my reads on him.

Mafia Record:

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 20, 2012, 02:08:19 pm »

Also you claimed you were gonna reread to see if you could put a finger on it for my posting feeling different, what was the result?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 20, 2012, 02:10:23 pm »

Also you claimed you were gonna reread to see if you could put a finger on it for my posting feeling different, what was the result?

The result was that you do indeed seem off, but that I can't quite put my finger on it. The closest I came was watching your interactions with Dsell, which felt forced, and I pointed that out already.

Mafia Record:

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 20, 2012, 02:41:33 pm »

If Ashersky is not the mason, he is obvscum, so on the assumption that Ashersky is a mason...well I can see why this setup is so tense.

Destierro/(Ashersky) - IC

I am town and I believe Robz is town. I could be wrong about Robz.

Insomniac seems like town now. He seems very much like his usual town self now, but he is a strong mafia player who could certainly emulate his town play as scum. I still don't like that he suspected me early on, but I'm willing to look past that because he's made a lot more posts that seem pretty townie.

...and crap. If those two reads are right, they are the only other townies.

My next strongest town read (who I actually have a hard time classifying) is Galzria. He seems genuinely townie, but I am not good at reading him. I think he could fool me easily. I think he'll always be my biggest question mark.

Which leaves Eevee and Jimmmmmmmmm. I have always had a neutral read on Eevee and have had mostly no read on Jimmmmm except that he's lurking some.

I think it's pretty likely that these bottom two are both scum, though.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 20, 2012, 02:45:59 pm »

Lol, calling anyone "obvscum" at this point is quite preposterous. I do suspect ashersky a fair bit as well.

My town reads:
Galzria
Robz

Hard to read / scummy
Insomniac
Dsell

Scummy
Jimmm
Ashersky

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 20, 2012, 02:49:17 pm »

I think it's more likely that Ashersky is the other mason. But have you read some of his earlier posts? He is obviously setting up to claim mason. (The reason I think it's true is because of his interactions with Destierro.) But if he is not the mason then he needs to give some serious explanation for why he was softclaiming mason SO MUCH.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 20, 2012, 02:51:08 pm »

I can agree him being the 2nd mason being quite likely. What I don't agree with is that he'd be OBVSCUM. Only obv here is Dest's towniness.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 20, 2012, 02:53:14 pm »

I wonder if Ashersky will enjoy how much people are calling his earlier play obvMason as much as I am... Especially because these same people had him listed as scum before Destierro claimed and the field narrowed.

Mafia Record:

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 20, 2012, 02:54:38 pm »

I wonder if Ashersky will enjoy how much people are calling his earlier play obvMason as much as I am... Especially because these same people had him listed as scum before Destierro claimed and the field narrowed.

I knew almost immediately that he was either mason or scum, I just didn't think he'd be as obvious about it if he were mason.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 20, 2012, 03:09:46 pm »

Vote: Jimmmmmm

I feel there's a chance that Eevee is town, really don't think so with Jimmmm.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 20, 2012, 03:19:16 pm »

Dsell you are awfully awfully sure about things..

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 20, 2012, 03:27:46 pm »

Well if Ashersky is a mason, I have better than a 50% chance of picking out scum, plus my reads. And I don't think my reads are that bad.

Although I'm looking back and reconsidering my strong town read on Robz. Not willing to abandon it yet, but looking back at it carefully.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: December 20, 2012, 03:53:34 pm »

So... I don't know. Of my bottom 3, I think that I do find Insomniac the most scummy, especially after that last round of posts.

I'm going to vote Insomniac, but I would like to have a discussion on Jimmmmm too. I think a lot of these "too many people are willing to vote" people are just as likely to be scum as town. Quite simply, words are cheap, and easy to bandy around. Actions and votes speak a whole lot louder - and what's more, scum don't have their backs to a wall yet, so they can absolutely be bussing, especially if their doing so makes people go "stop, too many people want X dead for X to be scum!"

My point is... Take wagons or willingness to vote with a large grain of salt.

Vote: Insomniac

Mafia Record:

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 20, 2012, 04:00:35 pm »

Hey guys, I'm here but not for long. Sorry I haven't been that active - I've had too much on. Doing an Eevee read now.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 20, 2012, 04:03:18 pm »

Update: just found out my shifts today and tomorrow have been cancelled, so I should be here until deadline now.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 20, 2012, 04:05:19 pm »

Jimmms absence is in line with his behavior in all the other games fwiw, I don't feel he has been particularly lurky here.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 20, 2012, 04:16:00 pm »

Here now.  I confirm Dest is a Mason.

Dsell/Insom/Eevee still are my top lynch choices, now in that order.  I've read up to here to gauge reactions.  Love that everyone who said I was sooooo scummy is now like "oh yeah, he's probably the other mason..."

Best bet for VTs are Galz/Robz/Jimmmmm....I don't think Jimmmmmm lurks intentionally as scum this game after his experience in VII.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.