Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 36  All

Author Topic: Blitz Mafia VIII: Veterans and Friends (Mafia Wins Flawlessly)  (Read 79053 times)

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Blitz Mafia VIII: Veterans and Friends (Old or New) D1 Underway
« Reply #350 on: December 20, 2012, 11:29:01 am »

Leaving now.

Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 20, 2012, 11:40:55 am »

I'm here, a little annoyed to see the L-word applied to me, I said I would likely be away the rest of the day (and post counts that count pre-game are garbage counts. In 50 games I've never said more than one word in pre-game. That word is "IN." Anything else is pollution.)

I still have massive townreads on Eevee and Galzria. I guess I lean town on Insomniac, though not as strongly. Jimm looks much more like town Jimm from earlier Blitz games than he does like scum Jimm from last game.

But if I am right about ashersky being Town that leaves only two people and they are the two people who have votes against them, so that's impossible. Who am I wrong about?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 20, 2012, 11:42:21 am »

Well it was not much of a surprise to wake up today and see that two of my top scum reads had voted for me. Apparently they didn't like what I was saying.

Dsell voted for me, only saying that he was "ok" with voting me, but really doesn't say why. Also it seems like there is a lot of agreeing going on between Dsell and Eevee. Considering that they have the same scum reads that contradict mine, ashes, galvs and insom(?)'s that is mighty suspicious. They are either mason pair (extremely unlikely based on their voting so far) or scum pair. I wont go so far as to say that everyone on me is scum, but it is more than likely that at least 2 are, if galv is assumed to be town.

Eevee claiming that he is town proves nothing obviously, as he would respond that way no matter his role. He's still my second top scum read atm.

You know, I can't really find anything here to criticize. These are valid points.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 20, 2012, 11:43:12 am »

My main impression of ash is that he's trying (maybe subconsciously?) to use the fact that he's been modding these games to get, not necessarily Town-cred, but knowledge-cred, if that makes sense? Like this gives him more insight in how to read people and pick out scum. I'm not saying it doesn't, I haven't modded myself, but that's the impression I'm getting. Of course, he could just as easily be doing that as Town as as scum.

I'm pretty sure ash is Town. Like actually more sure than anyone else.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 20, 2012, 11:45:08 am »

Blah, I guess I am closest to voting for Dsell. Call it a POE vote. There was like a TOn of discussion about how scummy he is, but now there are noly actually 2 people voting for him.

This may be my bias toward not killing new players talking, though.

Well, Vote: Dsell for now. That may not be a final vote.

A Mason will say something soon, yes?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 20, 2012, 11:48:03 am »

I would think we're getting close to one coming out, yes. We're closing in on 8 hours, which in a Blitz game is a lot, but we've got solid points out from everybody now that having someone step forward and start organizing might be worthwhile, so that we make the most of our remaining time.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 20, 2012, 11:48:42 am »

I would think we're getting close to one coming out, yes. We're closing in on 8 hours, which in a Blitz game is a lot, but we've got solid points out from everybody now that having someone step forward and start organizing might be worthwhile, so that we make the most of our remaining time.

I have less than that I have 6
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 20, 2012, 11:52:33 am »

I'm back with phone now and will have computer access until deadline in 30min. Our mutual townread-club all but has to have some scum in it..

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 20, 2012, 11:54:04 am »

I'm back with phone now and will have computer access until deadline in 30min. Our mutual townread-club all but has to have some scum in it..

Nah, couldn't be, let's just keep congratulating each other on how townie we are.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 20, 2012, 11:58:39 am »

Nah, couldn't be, let's just keep congratulating each other on how townie we are.

It is a striking difference to, like, every other game ever. Hey, maybe ZM-VI taught us something about each other... Or maybe there's scum skating by on "yay! Townie reads for all!"

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: December 20, 2012, 12:06:38 pm »

Town reads, town reads everywhere!

Destierro

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 20, 2012, 12:09:52 pm »

Well, I suppose there is no better time to say it than now.

I am a Mason.

It was fun playing with you guys, as I am almost certain that by saying this I will be the target for a vengekilling. Clearly I am awful at playing town because I got to L-2 almost immediately!:P I still advocate a Dsell lynch, followed by Eevee as my top two scum picks.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 20, 2012, 12:10:26 pm »

Unvote
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 20, 2012, 12:14:45 pm »

Unvote, I was feeling a little uneasy about this even before this actually, mainly because how fast it shot up. I think it's likely either Dsell or Insomniac is scum.

Destierro was actually the read I wasn't comfortable divulging early early in the game. I felt he'd be mafia or a mason based on his postsī, was kinda hoping he'd claim vt.  :P

I think I agree with Galzria that Dsell is scummiest now, but I don't like agreeing with someone.. Ashersky is one lynch I might be interested in. This is very interesting though!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 20, 2012, 12:17:04 pm »

Well, I suppose there is no better time to say it than now.

I am a Mason.

It was fun playing with you guys, as I am almost certain that by saying this I will be the target for a vengekilling. Clearly I am awful at playing town because I got to L-2 almost immediately!:P I still advocate a Dsell lynch, followed by Eevee as my top two scum picks.

Okay, interesting.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 20, 2012, 12:17:35 pm »

So Des, who do you think is suspicious? What do you want us to talk about? You're the boss, now.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 20, 2012, 12:18:12 pm »

Unvote, I was feeling a little uneasy about this even before this actually, mainly because how fast it shot up. I think it's likely either Dsell or Insomniac is scum.

Destierro was actually the read I wasn't comfortable divulging early early in the game. I felt he'd be mafia or a mason based on his postsī, was kinda hoping he'd claim vt.  :P

I think I agree with Galzria that Dsell is scummiest now, but I don't like agreeing with someone.. Ashersky is one lynch I might be interested in. This is very interesting though!

You agree with Robz on Dsell, not me - although I'm not as sure now.

Mafia Record:

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 20, 2012, 12:19:36 pm »

I don't see the upside in the other mason not claiming by the way.  :\

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 20, 2012, 12:19:44 pm »

Interesting because I think this makes it more likely for you and/or Dsell to be scum as you both kind of half heartedly joined the wagon I started with a real case, and I could easily see scum going hey thats a good enough case I'll join in.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 20, 2012, 12:20:51 pm »

I now consider Ashersky to be scummy, btw. Originally I thought he was a Mason trying to be pushy and see who would take the easy bait of voting him over "daring to call the scum team D1".

With Destierro's reveal, the odds of Ashersky being a Mason are drastically reduced. While it's still possible, I am forced to switch my view of him.

Mafia Record:

Destierro

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 20, 2012, 12:22:59 pm »

Town ----Desti----galz----ash-----------robs-----insom--------------eevee---Dsell----Scummy

I dont have a read on Jimm, cause it seems like he's added next to nothing. I think that would put him closer to the scum side though.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 20, 2012, 12:23:21 pm »

I'm conflicted, otoh i know early votes are good and informational, otoh i'd like to see what happens because it helps determining where i'd want my vote to be.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 20, 2012, 12:23:57 pm »

Desti, why is Ash towny?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 20, 2012, 12:24:44 pm »

I now consider Ashersky to be scummy, btw. Originally I thought he was a Mason trying to be pushy and see who would take the easy bait of voting him over "daring to call the scum team D1".

With Destierro's reveal, the odds of Ashersky being a Mason are drastically reduced. While it's still possible, I am forced to switch my view of him.

Uh, yeah. I obviously thought Ash was a Mason, too. If he's not, he's by far my number one choice for scum.

The other Mason should probably just claim, yes? We know it's not Dsell or Insomniac or Eevee, since they voted for Des. It's not me, as I've said. Is there a point to the last one not claiming, really?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 20, 2012, 12:25:31 pm »

Town ----Desti----galz----ash-----------robs-----insom--------------eevee---Dsell----Scummy

I dont have a read on Jimm, cause it seems like he's added next to nothing. I think that would put him closer to the scum side though.

Desti, in the future, don't actually give us your reads. Keep to yourself and your partner, so you can catch us in traps. Say "X" is scummy, and see who pounces.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 36  All

Page created in 1.445 seconds with 20 queries.