Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 36  All

Author Topic: Blitz Mafia VIII: Veterans and Friends (Mafia Wins Flawlessly)  (Read 79083 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Blitz Mafia VIII: Veterans and Friends (Old or New) D1 Underway
« Reply #175 on: December 19, 2012, 03:24:08 pm »

Btw, should we do that scum reads/town reads thing? I feel like that's a fine and useful tool for town.

Normally we would have the ICs ask, but they haven't claimed, blah blah blah.

Anyway, I'll just start.

Likely Town: Galzria, Eevee, Insomniac (in that order, yes I have a stronger townread on Galz actually)

Lurking Scum (like, what have they even said?): Destierro, ashersky

Non-lurking scum: Jimm, Dsell

At this point I'd guess that the scum team is 3 of Destierro, ashersky, Jimm, and Dsell... based mostly on my townreads of the others.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 19, 2012, 03:24:16 pm »

I have a hard time trusting Robz ability to read Eevee.

Not that I think he's wrong here, at least not yet.
Iirc Robz has generally read me pretty well. Do you disagree?

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 19, 2012, 03:24:50 pm »

I think its weird Robz has a town read on Eevee but I'm not treating the exchange as anything yet.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 19, 2012, 03:25:43 pm »

I have a hard time trusting Robz ability to read Eevee.

Not that I think he's wrong here, at least not yet.
Iirc Robz has generally read me pretty well. Do you disagree?

Yeah, what's this then? I have like a pretty good history of reading Eevee. I read him right in BlitzVI (I read Galz wrong, unfortunately). Oh, and I read him mostly right last game, I just had to not get myself lynched which was why I voted for him and I was trusting Frisk.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 19, 2012, 03:26:32 pm »

Well, if no one else has any input on that, I'm going to conclude Robz seems towny to me then.

Galzria, were you joking when you called me jumpy? I still have the bad feeling about Dsell.

About the pregame stuff? Of course. You were joking about me seeming scummy before I ever got my PM, so I figured claiming my ability to read you as scum before you ever received your PM was appropriate.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: December 19, 2012, 03:26:41 pm »

I think its weird Robz has a town read on Eevee but I'm not treating the exchange as anything yet.

Why is this remotely weird? I have played more games with Eevee than any of you and he's always Town and lately I can pretty much tell correctly.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 19, 2012, 03:28:50 pm »

Why is this remotely weird? I have played more games with Eevee than any of you and he's always Town and lately I can pretty much tell correctly.

I just find it a bit wierd because I don't have any strong feelings yet, I think Dsell is slightly scummy for trying to be given town credit super hard but I don't have any Eureka reads or anything yet. So it has more to do with you having 3 reads this early.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 19, 2012, 03:29:40 pm »

I find Insomniac scummiest for reading me incorrectly.

Robz seems townie.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 19, 2012, 03:30:12 pm »

I just find it a bit wierd because I don't have any strong feelings yet, I think Dsell is slightly scummy for trying to be given town credit super hard but I don't have any Eureka reads or anything yet. So it has more to do with you having 3 reads this early.

I reserve the right to completely change them, but I think it's better for the game if everybody tossed out some reads. And what can I say, I have strong townreads on Eevee and Galz.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 19, 2012, 03:32:11 pm »

Well, if no one else has any input on that, I'm going to conclude Robz seems towny to me then.

Galzria, were you joking when you called me jumpy? I still have the bad feeling about Dsell.

About the pregame stuff? Of course. You were joking about me seeming scummy before I ever got my PM, so I figured claiming my ability to read you as scum before you ever received your PM was appropriate.

I think Galzria was really scummy in the pregame, with his vote on me and everything. Only one problem, roles hadn't been divided yet then.

Wow, a little jumpy today? Worried that I had already read you for your yet to be received scum PM? Hmmm?

This is what I was referring to, okay. Fair enough, if you had thought I really was jumpy, that would have been scummy to me. But no.

Robz's exercise:

I have a couple of guys who I think are either masons or scummy, but I think revealing those might be antitown. Wouldnt it be?

Robz is a top town read. Dsell top scum, but it's very slight. Ashersky is probably just asleep, I didn't even remember he was playing but meh. Scummy because he hasnt posted, hopefully this will change soon. Galzria I don't know, don't have a town read on him but his d1 as town has read scummy to me earlier (see the game we just lost one game back). Insomniac is no read yet, which is slightly scummy because I sometimes get town reads from him. New guy is pretty much noread (slight scum), don't think his lurking is scummy yet but not really towny either.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 19, 2012, 03:32:33 pm »

I wasn't meaning to try to take town credit, I was just shocked that Eevee found my scummiest after all I had done was put forth one idea (which was a good one).

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 19, 2012, 03:32:54 pm »

I reserve the right to completely change them, but I think it's better for the game if everybody tossed out some reads. And what can I say, I have strong townreads on Eevee and Galz.
i absolutely agree with this way of playing the game, especially in blitz.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 19, 2012, 03:35:01 pm »

Eevee I remember a time when you used to always think I was scum, I didn't realize I had shifted to town in your eyes.

Scummiest: Dsell

Haven't enough content from: Ash, Destierro

Towniest: Galz

Null: Everyone else.

Destierro

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 19, 2012, 03:37:26 pm »

I feel like I'm at a distinct disadvantage here, as I don't get this kind of intuition.

Anyways, Dsell seems to be overly trying to get credit for being pro town, and that sounds really scummy to me.
Rob is really driving the conversation, not sure if that means much, could be overly active scum, or just town. I don't have a good read on him.
Galz seems very town, cause of his earlier posts, namely 127 [/quote] Well, he can sit here and Mason hunt all he wants, or he can do something useful like scum hunt. [/quote]
So with all that, i think i'm going to vote : Dsell just because he seems the scummiest of those who have weighed in yet.

Destierro

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 19, 2012, 03:38:17 pm »

I'll figure out quotes eventually! =/

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 19, 2012, 03:39:43 pm »

Btw, should we do that scum reads/town reads thing? I feel like that's a fine and useful tool for town.

Normally we would have the ICs ask, but they haven't claimed, blah blah blah.

Anyway, I'll just start.

Likely Town: Galzria, Eevee, Insomniac (in that order, yes I have a stronger townread on Galz actually)

Lurking Scum (like, what have they even said?): Destierro, ashersky

Non-lurking scum: Jimm, Dsell

At this point I'd guess that the scum team is 3 of Destierro, ashersky, Jimm, and Dsell... based mostly on my townreads of the others.

Let's see....

I don't have any strong town reads, tbh. I can't argue with the LALL list, and I find Dsell less scummy than you make him out to be, but...

Probably Eevee is my Towniest, because he does seem to be happy-go-lucky Eevee - however that HASN'T been the town!Eevee showing up to most games recently, so... I'm wary still.

After Eevee is probably Robz. I honestly want to put Insomniac here, but something about his posts have felt forced. I'll reread and see if I cab put my finger on it.

Then comes Dsell, but I'll admit I have very little Meta information here. I don't know what town!Dsell vs scum!Dsell looks like, but isn't scum!Dsell more lurky? Despite his asking for credit, I do think he deserves some, do there's that.

Fourth is Insomniac. As stated above, he's felt a little forced, but I can't put my finger on it.

Jimmmmm/Ashersky/Destierro I've got nothing on, but one is likely to be town, and maybe two. I doubt very much that paints the scum team.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 19, 2012, 03:40:33 pm »

Destierro, I can definitely symphatize. A lot of new people have been very annoyed about the constant referring to past games in the past. Not much you can do about it though, and it gets easier as you start remembering who is who better.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 19, 2012, 03:45:55 pm »

Really liking the participation level this far. Also got a good feeling about Galzria's read post, in that I agree with a lot of what he said which has been the case when we've been on the same side in the past.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 19, 2012, 03:50:09 pm »

Like someone pointed out, Ashersky is probably asleep. I'll be really interested to hear what he says when he does show up.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 19, 2012, 03:53:56 pm »

Vote Count 1.1

Dsell (2) - Eevee, Destierro

Not voting: Insomniac, Ashersky, Dsell, Robz888, Galzria, Jimmm

With 8 alive, it takes 5 for a majority lynch to occur.  However, this is blitz mafia, and a plurality at the deadline WILL result in a lynch.  If a tie exists at the deadline, the Hidden Democracy mechanism will be implemented.

Deadline is tomorrow, Thursday, Dec. 19, at 8:00 pm forum time.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 05:22:14 pm by SwitchedFromStarcraft »
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: December 19, 2012, 03:55:03 pm »

Shraeye, Arch - I'm back, thanks.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 19, 2012, 04:06:30 pm »

That doesn't make sense. If he's always Town, how do you know that you'll be able to tell if he's scum?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 19, 2012, 04:07:35 pm »

That doesn't make sense. If he's always Town, how do you know that you'll be able to tell if he's scum?

If he acts differently than usual, I'll think he's scum. I mean, obviously, we'll see if that works.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 19, 2012, 04:09:17 pm »

Jimmm has got a point there, Robz. As long as you've never pinned me as scum early, you always reading me well pretty much just proves me that "I always act in a certain way, you recognize it and I draw town helluvalot". No proof you'd be able to tell the difference if I was scum yet?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 19, 2012, 04:12:01 pm »

Jimmm has got a point there, Robz. As long as you've never pinned me as scum early, you always reading me well pretty much just proves me that "I always act in a certain way, you recognize it and I draw town helluvalot". No proof you'd be able to tell the difference if I was scum yet?

I got weird Vibes from you D1 of "Read the Freakin' Flavor", but nobody else did so I dropped it until I came back, then lynched your scummy tail.

Still, it was far from slamdunk even then, and I wouldn't count on my ability to do so any time you're scum.

Mafia Record:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 36  All

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 20 queries.