Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Unusual strategy somehow comes together  (Read 1261 times)

Graystripe77

• Tactician
  • Respect: +94
    • View Profile
    • Dreamkeeperscomic.com
Unusual strategy somehow comes together
« on: September 07, 2011, 04:26:42 pm »

When i saw this game, i thought, what the heck! i'll do a new strategy and see if it works. and........  it WORKED!!!

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201109/07/game-20110907-132530-a89cd03a.html

do you think i got lucky, or is my weird strategy somehow good?

Epoch

• Tactician
  • Respect: +38
    • View Profile
Re: Unusual strategy somehow comes together
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 04:43:26 pm »

So your strategy was basically "Wishing Wells, Cellars, and Hunting Parties to draw into lots of Copper + Coppersmith," right?

I think that you basically got lucky.  Your opponent really shouldn't have bought a King's Court, in particular: a Gold or Harem would have been much better for him (unsurprisingly, given that his deck at end of game had 4 potential targets for the KC, compared to 15 Treasures and 8 pure green cards), and the score was close, meaning that a small improvement from your opponent would probably have won it.

rod-

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +49
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 05:32:33 pm »

5 provinces on 19 might seem okay, but Hunting Party is such a powerful card that you can do BigMoney+Hunting Parties and manage 4 provinces on 13-15 with a 5-2 start and on 14-16 with a 4-2.  You did that much just as fast, but the 5th province will usually come on turn 16 or earlier with such a BM+HP deck, as it rarely has problems getting flooded with green.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 05:41:01 pm by rod- »

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 05:54:59 pm »

Jester/cellar opening followed by hunting parties and treasures seems simple enough. A hunting party opening can be poor if it just draws one card and goes through the deck so taking the jester seems like a better percentage play. This looks like a good jester kingdom.

Putting the hunting parties and cellar and wishing wells and coppersmith together might have given you something but it all took too long to set up and was still trouble to draw. Hunting parties work well with simpler decks.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.581 seconds with 20 queries.