Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Post your cute Golden Decks here  (Read 1581 times)

KingsSkort

• Thief
  • Respect: +88
    • View Profile
Post your cute Golden Decks here
« on: December 13, 2012, 06:42:14 pm »

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201212/13/game-20121213-153037-dbd7494b.html

Board: Bank, Bazaar, Bishop, Hamlet, Mine, Mint, Oracle, Remodel, Saboteur, and Woodcutter

There's nothing insanely fast on this board, so I decided to try something a bit odd. My initial plan was to mint a gold into a gold, bishop the gold, and then saboteur the opponent twice, using bazaar for +actions. Unfortunately, this is 5 nondrawing cards, which is not guaranteed to work if you need the +actions. Fortunately, the mint is superfluous, and the deck works by playing 5xbazaars, bishoping the gold, 2x saboteur, buy a gold with 6 virtual $.

My opponent responded pretty well and was able to convert most of his victory cards to chips before my saboteurs got to them. Fortunately, he was just a little too slow and I was able to catch up.

The contrasts between my deck and the traditional GD are interesting. In the normal GD, you want to burn through the provinces as fast as possible before your opponent gets going. By contrast, this took a lot longer to set up, but it has more legs. (converting 20 golds to VP is 120 points.) It's your opponent who needs to get through all the provinces before you build an unbeatable lead.

What else have you guys got?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
Re: Post your cute Golden Decks here
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 06:44:49 pm »
+1

I don't know if your deck should be counted as Golden, because it can be broken.  The opponent can play Saboteurs and wreck the stuff not in your hand.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1887
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 07:21:15 pm »

I don't know if your deck should be counted as Golden, because it can be broken.  The opponent can play Saboteurs and wreck the stuff not in your hand.

Even the traditional "Golden Deck" can be attacked into submission. I don't think that's a disqualification.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 07:23:19 pm »

Even the traditional "Golden Deck" can be attacked into submission. I don't think that's a disqualification.

Touche.  But playing the traditional Golden Deck when Militia is around is not usually* the best idea.  Hm.  OK, I guess it is still Golden. :P

* Lighthouses!

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1887
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 07:34:12 pm »

Touche.  But playing the traditional Golden Deck when Militia is around is not usually* the best idea.  Hm.  OK, I guess it is still Golden. :P

* Lighthouses!

Masquerade!  :o

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 07:46:35 pm »

* Lighthouses!

Masquerade!  :o

Doh!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 21 queries.