Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: I did not deserve this one.  (Read 1247 times)

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
I did not deserve this one.
« on: September 06, 2011, 05:58:07 pm »

With conspirator and many helpers, I made the... unusual... decision of opening talisman instead of remake. My opponent did not make the same mistake. Fortunately for me, there's getting lucky, and then there's what happened on my opponent's turn 13 in this game:
http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201109/06/game-20110906-145439-075e981d.html

Epoch

• Tactician
  • Respect: +38
    • View Profile
Re: I did not deserve this one.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 06:17:16 pm »

Y'know...  I'm not sure that that was all so terribly undeserved.  Okay, yeah, Remake was probably the right opening over Talisman.  But you also got straight-up unlucky on turn 4, getting your FV with only 1 Copper and your Talisman ending up in your turn 5 draw, while your opponent drew his opening Remake with two Estates, just like perfection.

He could've actually anticipated unfortunate Remaking with his deck there on turn 13: look at his deck!  He only has one "bad" card left at the end of the game.  And with some foresight, he probably could've avoided being forced into Remaking his Provinces -- he could have cut off his TR chain by playing some Conspirators instead of TR's down the ladder, and thus ending his mandatory Action-playing.

You won both the FV and the Conspirator races, and as of turn 13, he was 2 Provinces up on you -- annoying, but not an insurmountable lead.  You got lucky on turn 13, but I don't think that you epically lucked out.

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 06:43:57 pm »

Thanks for the moral support! Mostly I just mean that turn 13, had he not accidentally trashed two provinces, he could have ended the game and won.

tlloyd

• Tactician
  • Respect: +84
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 10:05:18 pm »

I lost two Colonies that way once. I didn't play dominion again for a while after that.   :(
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 21 queries.