Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Common strategic misconceptions  (Read 12958 times)

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4387
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
Re: Common strategic misconceptions
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2012, 05:45:06 pm »
+2

"Double jack is the best option when there is no strong engine"

Double jack is strong, but there are almost always slight adjustments to be made. Sometime its buying 1 jack and then a terminal draw card or two, sometimes its buying a warehouse and a festival because they combo well.

> Jack
> Festival
> Warehouse

Wait, there's not an engine here?  Granted, you said "strong engine," but if I can get my hands on enough Festivals and Warehouses, I'm double Provincing on you.
With no other drawing, how are you ever getting enough money in your at-most-5-card hands? Unless you are saying that warehouse+jack+festival is the engine, in which case I agree but am confused because I thought that was DrFlux's point...

DrFlux was saying that you can add Warehouse or Festival to a DoubleJack deck to make it slightly better. (_)\||/$__) was saying that if you have a board with Warehouse, Jack, and Festival, why wouldn't you make an engine out of those instead of playing DoubleJack with Rooster Sauce.
When does Rooster Sauce stop being Rooster Sauce and start being an engine?

() | (_) ^/

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: p4ddy0d00rs
  • Nemo dat quod non habet.
  • Respect: +526
    • View Profile
    • BGG profile
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2012, 10:36:14 am »

"Double jack is the best option when there is no strong engine"

Double jack is strong, but there are almost always slight adjustments to be made. Sometime its buying 1 jack and then a terminal draw card or two, sometimes its buying a warehouse and a festival because they combo well.

> Jack
> Festival
> Warehouse

Wait, there's not an engine here?  Granted, you said "strong engine," but if I can get my hands on enough Festivals and Warehouses, I'm double Provincing on you.
With no other drawing, how are you ever getting enough money in your at-most-5-card hands? Unless you are saying that warehouse+jack+festival is the engine, in which case I agree but am confused because I thought that was DrFlux's point...

DrFlux was saying that you can add Warehouse or Festival to a DoubleJack deck to make it slightly better. (_)\||/$__) was saying that if you have a board with Warehouse, Jack, and Festival, why wouldn't you make an engine out of those instead of playing DoubleJack with Rooster Sauce.

I think I agree with Darp Emborderlinenap's response, except I don't know what Rooster Sauce is.  Please don't link to let me google that for you.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1887
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2012, 11:05:34 am »
+1

I think I agree with Darp Emborderlinenap's response, except I don't know what Rooster Sauce is.  Please don't link to let me google that for you.

By Rooster Sauce, I meant just a dash of something else, as opposed to adding so many additional components that it's a whole new meal (like an engine).

PSGarak

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +160
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2012, 11:43:37 am »
+1

Then I'll link you to The Oatmeal instead.

() | (_) ^/

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: p4ddy0d00rs
  • Nemo dat quod non habet.
  • Respect: +526
    • View Profile
    • BGG profile
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2012, 11:55:00 am »

Then I'll link you to The Oatmeal instead.

rofl Napalming the Jungle
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 1.389 seconds with 20 queries.