Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Cornucopia?  (Read 24354 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9631
    • View Profile
Cornucopia?
« on: December 11, 2012, 11:54:20 pm »
+1

It's currently listed in the Deck Builder, but not available in the store yet.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
Re: Cornucopia?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 12:01:41 am »

It's currently listed in the Deck Builder, but not available in the store yet.

I noticed.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 12:03:02 am »

Yeah, I just noticed and filed a problem report.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 12:06:37 am »
+1

I hope the problem was that Cornucopia was not available for purchase yet, and not that it was mistakenly showing up in the Deck Builder.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 12:09:42 am »

I hope the problem was that Cornucopia was not available for purchase yet, and not that it was mistakenly showing up in the Deck Builder.

Hope springs eternal.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 12:17:01 am »
+1

Hope springs eternal.

Indeed, but I also meant what you specifically mentioned in your report.

loppo

• 2014 Austrian Champion
  • Respect: +194
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 03:42:26 am »
+3

Trisha mentionend on getsatisfaction that Cornucopia is about to roll-out. I expected it around x-mas. If it is in the deck builder right now, it should be available even earlier. Maybe even at the end of the week.

Having played quite a bit on goko lately, dare i say it: i start preferring goko to isotropic. I know a sentence like this can get you banned on this very forum, but it just feels more like "real" dominion for me. Of corse i have a IRL dominion background, and a lot of the other guys here play iso only, so they they are used to the iso interface. Just wanted to get this out of the way.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25715
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 06:20:26 am »

I playtested Cornucopia. The version I saw was done imo except that 1) I would put the bane on the last page rather than the last expensive card, since I know there's a bane and may forget there's an 11th card otherwise, and 2) I would have Young Witch say what the Bane is when you click on it - the bane is distinctly drawn attention to, but nothing explicitly says "this is the bane." I don't know if they will change those things before putting it out, but if they didn't it wouldn't be so bad. Obv. always seeing all 11 cards would be best if there's a good way to do that.

I never see the campaigns in advance (other than having provided card lists), so I don't know how far along that is.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2012, 08:11:23 am »

Trisha told me Monday that Cornucopia is expected 'soon', so I suspect it's launching tonight if it's appeared in the card builder already.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2012, 08:36:55 am »
+1

I would have Young Witch say what the Bane is when you click on it

This is an excellent suggestion, and I hope they eventually implement it.

Since this is a computer game, there's no reason to display a variable. Actually two variables.

On Young Witch: "unless the player reveals a Cellar card." (quote not exact)

On bane card: "You may reveal this card to prevent the Young Witch from affecting you."

Put the latter text in a funny-colored box so that it's obvious that it's not normally on the card.
A man has no signature

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2012, 12:37:15 pm »
+1

Since this is a computer game, there's no reason to display a variable. Actually two variables.

On bane card: "You may reveal this card to prevent the Young Witch from affecting you."

Put the latter text in a funny-colored box so that it's obvious that it's not normally on the card.

I agree with the suggestion that the Young Witch's text give the card name explicitly, rather than say "bane card". The text of the bane itself shouldn't be changed, though. For one thing, there might not be space on the card. For another, it's not necessary. Militia doesn't say, "You may reveal a Moat to block this."

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2012, 01:17:42 pm »

I agree with the suggestion that the Young Witch's text give the card name explicitly, rather than say "bane card". The text of the bane itself shouldn't be changed, though. For one thing, there might not be space on the card. For another, it's not necessary. Militia doesn't say, "You may reveal a Moat to block this."

Young Witch is a special case though. It adds a special ability to a card that didn't have it before. Space is an issue though.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Insomniac

• Jester
  • Respect: +392
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2012, 01:18:56 pm »

Crosses fingers for Cornucopia Today, Hinterlands Pt1 early jan, part 2 end of jan, alchemy mid feb.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

pinkymadigan

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +185
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2012, 01:29:34 pm »

I could see the text swap being done on the YW card. based on several drawing errors I ran into lately, it looks like the text is not part of the card image, so it's probably easy enough to swap the text in.

I think it's a pretty elegant solution.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1263
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2012, 01:33:01 pm »
+8

Life would be better in general if they could fit more than the 10 cards on the screen.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2012, 01:39:02 pm »

Young Witch is a special case though. It adds a special ability to a card that didn't have it before.

No, it doesn't. That's like saying in game with Explorer, Province should include a clause that says, "If you reveal this when you play an Explorer, gain a Gold instead of a Silver." The bane card is just the same as it ever was. It's Young Witch that specifies the interaction.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2012, 01:43:34 pm »
+1

Young Witch is a special case though. It adds a special ability to a card that didn't have it before.

No, it doesn't. That's like saying in game with Explorer, Province should include a clause that says, "If you reveal this when you play an Explorer, gain a Gold instead of a Silver." The bane card is just the same as it ever was. It's Young Witch that specifies the interaction.

Thing is, Province is already there. The bane is only there because Young Witch makes it appear. I mean, it's only a minor part of the bane, but it's still the whole reason for it's presence in the game. On top of that, Province is the same every game. When Explorer's out, well, you know Province can be used for that. When Young Witch is out, well, this game it's Hamlet, next game it's Cellar, game after that it's Watchtower, then Fishing Village, then Pawn...

I do see where you're coming from. But you definitely need some clear way of distinguishing 'the bane' card, and the bane only being recorded on YW isn't really clear enough.

pinkymadigan

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2012, 01:49:30 pm »
+1

Thing is, Province is already there. The bane is only there because Young Witch makes it appear. I mean, it's only a minor part of the bane, but it's still the whole reason for it's presence in the game. On top of that, Province is the same every game. When Explorer's out, well, you know Province can be used for that. When Young Witch is out, well, this game it's Hamlet, next game it's Cellar, game after that it's Watchtower, then Fishing Village, then Pawn...

I do see where you're coming from. But you definitely need some clear way of distinguishing 'the bane' card, and the bane only being recorded on YW isn't really clear enough.

I guess I naturally assumed they were going to add something to the stack (different color, maybe have a big label 'Bane' under it... I dunno).

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2012, 01:54:51 pm »
+5

Life would be better in general if they could fit more than the 10 cards on the screen.

Man I'm already annoyed that things like Ruins are on a second page. Spoils, Prizes, Mercenary, and Madman I get, because they aren't in the supply, you can't buy them, and the pile being empty doesn't matter for game-end. But anything that you can actually buy, like Ruins, should most certainly be on the same page! And to hear that when Young Witch is out; only 10 of the 11 Kingdom cards are on the first page... that's just pure awfulness; that's a design and layout that flat-out doesn't work.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2012, 01:59:03 pm »
+2

Oh, absolutely. The bane card should have a blue halo around it or some symbol that marks it as the bane. But text shouldn't be added to the card. That way lies rules confusion.

pinkymadigan

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2012, 02:00:57 pm »

Oh, absolutely. The bane card should have a blue halo around it or some symbol that marks it as the bane. But text shouldn't be added to the card. That way lies rules confusion.

I can see that too. I'm in a very agreeable mood today I guess.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2012, 02:01:29 pm »
+8

I vote for a small blue diamond next to the card name.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2012, 02:45:52 pm »
+3

Man, so, what are they going to do when potion is added? Will that also be on the other page. For players new to Dominion, this YW is beyond unintuitive. I could end up buying a Chapel and have players think I am a cheater when they see me play it turn 3/4 because it did not appear on the first page.

hsiale

• Duke
  • Respect: +244
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2012, 02:52:58 pm »

I guess they will fit potion somewhere as they did with Platinum and Colony. The real problems will start when they add Black Market.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2012, 03:01:58 pm »
+1

I could see the text swap being done on the YW card. based on several drawing errors I ran into lately, it looks like the text is not part of the card image, so it's probably easy enough to swap the text in.

I think it's a pretty elegant solution.

I played a couple games yesterday, and BoM's text actually changed to match the card chosen when played, so I wouldn't be surprised if Young Witch explicitly mentioned the Bane.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.598 seconds with 21 queries.