Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: The most valuable copper  (Read 1817 times)

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
The most valuable copper
« on: December 18, 2012, 06:23:27 pm »

Re: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=5806.msg153201#msg153201

The question here is essentially a simple one, how many times can you play Coppersmith in one turn, assuming perfect shuffle luck? I want my avatar to be as awesome as possible, after all.

In that forum a solution for 90+ is given.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

cluckyb

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +169
    • View Profile
Re: The most valuable copper
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 07:26:24 pm »
+1

My +90 solution required having 10 of everything, so isn't actually possible in a game. But I can at least get +84 legally

Deck: BoM, Procession, Throne Room, King's Court, Rouge, Grave Robber, Coppersmith, Scrying Pool, Worker's Village Watchtower. You have 9 copies of each, 10 of the throne rooms and King's Courts, only need the 1 Watchtower.

Start with WV, Scrying Pool in hand. Play WV, use Scrying Pool to draw all action cards.
Use Throne Room to play KC
First KC play, play Procession -> Coppersmith, Coppersmith, GR (save the coppersmiths)
Second KC play, Play BoM(as Procession) -> Coppersmith, Coppersmith, Rouge (save the coppersmiths, TD with WT)

That plays the coppersmiths 8 times each. The non-Coppersmith cards all get trashed or played but you have four coppersmiths sitting on your deck again and you still have 1 action from your WV. Another WV+ Scrying Pool draws them all and you can repeat this process 8 times for +64, then once more playing six coppersmiths instead of the GR/Rouges for +12 more or +76. You still have 3 spare coppersmiths in your hand. With your final action, use your extra throne room / king's court to play six more coppersmiths. +84. Your coppers are worth 85 and you have 10 buy.

Just need to optimize it by three in order to fulfill "Piledrive 8 colonies with a single copper as your only source of income". Hopefully someone can figure out where my solution is lacking.

So that's +84. With a little more optimization a single copper gives you enough to piledrive the colonies. (Of course, this doesn't generate any buy
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 07:27:29 pm by cluckyb »

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1966
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 07:30:36 pm »

Not *exactly* what you are looking for, but there was an old puzzle that tried to see how much a single copper could be worth but also you to play it multiple times: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=1126.0
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 10:57:08 pm »

Not *exactly* what you are looking for, but there was an old puzzle that tried to see how much a single copper could be worth but also you to play it multiple times: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=1126.0

It's somewhat different, mainly because I'm trying to make the most crazy avatar possible :D. But... I'll probably need Scrying Pool before I can actually manage it.

This question is actually more similar to asking 'How many times can you play a specific action in one turn'? You could substitute Coppersmith for... most actions and it would still work. Not all, though.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

philosophyguy

• Minion
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 11:31:32 pm »

Double that by playing a Counterfeit beforehand. That turns the Copper into 2 plays of Copper.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 04:20:02 am »

Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.66 seconds with 21 queries.