Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: What would you do in this kingdom?  (Read 1009 times)

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
What would you do in this kingdom?
« on: December 10, 2012, 02:59:40 pm »

I was dicking around on an alt account yesterday and played this kingdom where I more or less didn't have much of an idea of what I was doing: http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201212/10/game-20121210-015207-92f32be5.html

Apothecary, Coppersmith, Crossroads, Expand, Familiar, Farming Village, Golem, Haggler, Horn of Plenty, Potion, and Salvager

I happened onto a couple of multi-Province turns by using Golem to pull up enough Actions to make HoPs worth $8, and my opponent ragequit soon afterwords. What more coherent strategy would you have done?

DWetzel

• Conspirator
  • The Human Edge Case
  • Respect: +272
    • View Profile
Re: What would you do in this kingdom?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 03:24:48 pm »

Open Potion/Silver, try to win a Curse split if I can by rushing Familiars and a Golem, and then figure it out from there (I suck with HoP engines but it's probably right).  There's no +buy and no great +draw, so I might be tempted into grabbing an Apothecary or two to put some cash together and then Salvage the ever-loving crap out of my dreck, er, deck.

clb

• Tactician
  • Respect: +182
    • View Profile
Re: What would you do in this kingdom?
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 03:27:23 pm »

I don't know how it would stack up, but I would be inclined to try something like 2 Familiars and several Golems, transitioning into a BM approach. I am not sure that would be fast enough, though. My second thought was similar - 1 Apothecary and 1 Coppersmith with as many Golems as are convenient. That seems like it would pick up faster than the first, but might peter out faster. You may end up needing to buy coppers to offset the green.
As you may be able to guess, I tend to suffer from Fancy Play Syndrome.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 20 queries.