Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 57  All

Author Topic: Role Madness VI: Mafia Noir - Home of the only TRUE Mafia: (MAFIA WIN)  (Read 112764 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: Role Madness VI: Mafia Noir - Home of the only TRUE Mafia: (Day 1 Begins!)
« Reply #175 on: January 10, 2013, 05:28:08 pm »

I posted two different "ideas" posts yesterday and there's been like...one page since?  Weigh in people!
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 10, 2013, 05:28:16 pm »

unvote as well

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 10, 2013, 05:46:07 pm »

--quick lynch to see a flip and get to night

No.

--no lynch to get to night

Probably not, and certainly not until much closer to deadline.

--mass claim (powers, or something not flavor-related, so as not to incur mod-wrath)

I could support a mass flavour claim, just to see how Galz reacts. Just kidding Galz, don't hurt me!

I don't know the best timing of massclaims, but I don't think early in day 1 is it.

Ok, real idea!

The package...so, pro-town thing, I think, is declare who has it, and decide as a town who gets it.  I'm thinking wine in RMM3.  Town players will want to go along with it, mafia won't, but will have to or risk being found out.  This way, we keep it in town hands.

Thoughts?

Can you explain the wine thing please? I still think we probably don't want to let scum get their hands on it.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 10, 2013, 05:52:38 pm »

There was wine in RMMM3 (or MXI?) that could be passed around.  You could choose to drink or not drink, and it did something.  You learned the alignment of the person who passed it, I think.  And it killed eHunt if he got it.  I think eHunt, right?

I hadn't thought about allowing scum to steal the package if we telegraph it.  Not knowing what happens when the package is taken, I don't know if we could all agree NOT to steal the package, and then if it gets stolen, we know scum did it...but would the person who has the package know who stole it?  Probably not.  I don't know.

It was just an idea.  There must be something we can do to control the package.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 10, 2013, 05:53:25 pm »

I could support a mass flavour claim, just to see how Galz reacts. Just kidding Galz, don't hurt me!

[Dsell]Modkilled[/Dsell]

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 10, 2013, 05:55:45 pm »

[Dsell]Modkilled[/Dsell]

What?!?
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 10, 2013, 05:57:28 pm »

[Dsell]Modkilled[/Dsell]

What?!?

Referencing a different ongoing game.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 10, 2013, 05:58:46 pm »

There was wine in RMMM3 (or MXI?) that could be passed around.  You could choose to drink or not drink, and it did something.  You learned the alignment of the person who passed it, I think.  And it killed eHunt if he got it.  I think eHunt, right?

I hadn't thought about allowing scum to steal the package if we telegraph it.  Not knowing what happens when the package is taken, I don't know if we could all agree NOT to steal the package, and then if it gets stolen, we know scum did it...but would the person who has the package know who stole it?  Probably not.  I don't know.

It was XI. If both people drank they would learn the role description the other person had. The difference was the person who had the wine chose who to gave it to and nothing could intervene. Here it's all sent in.

So say we decide that Insom should get the wine and Ash has it. Theres nothing stopping scum from sending in a steal wine from ash command the second night drops and then there is nothing we can do about it because we won't know where it is.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 10, 2013, 05:59:25 pm »

Addendum: It didn't kill eHunt if he had it. If he got it he would drink it all as the town drunk thus removing the wine from the game.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 10, 2013, 06:00:51 pm »

It was XI. If both people drank they would learn the role description the other person had. The difference was the person who had the wine chose who to gave it to and nothing could intervene. Here it's all sent in.

So say we decide that Insom should get the wine and Ash has it. Theres nothing stopping scum from sending in a steal wine from ash command the second night drops and then there is nothing we can do about it because we won't know where it is.

Can we game it, though?  Like, everyone must target the next person in line at a specific time, so no matter what, the package ends up with a specific person, and if it doesn't, we know who broke the chain?

Eh, maybe that doesn't work, since scum can be anywhere on the chain and just steal anyway.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 10, 2013, 06:01:54 pm »

yup my reason was pretty much just to stir things up and see what came out.

Conclusions:
Jimmmm is uncomfortable with early L-2 wagon
Verrrry little discussion or analysis of the wagon
mcmcsalot (momsaloon) very calm under L-3 pressure

The last two points actually surprise me a lot.  Normally when wagons like this shoot up, we get somebody like Eevee saying "oh man that was fast" and a bunch of people start talking about it.  I'm trying to figure out if there is something I can take away from this, or if that's just indication that people aren't engaged with this game quite yet.

I do think its because people aren't engaged in this game. There have been other ideas that haven't been commented on as well which is why I believe this. Also why does the last part surprise you, if you believe I'm not mafia why would you expect me to panic at L-3, its early D1 and there has been soo little discussion.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 10, 2013, 06:02:10 pm »

Addendum: It didn't kill eHunt if he had it. If he got it he would drink it all as the town drunk thus removing the wine from the game.

If I remember correctly (and I very well might not), that is what ehunt claimed.  But he lied about it because he wanted it to stay away for a different reason.  I am pretty sure this is right.  If nothing else, I can remember liars.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 10, 2013, 06:05:17 pm »

Votecount: 1.4

Jotheonah (1): Cuzz
mcmcsalot (4): Insomniac, Robz888, ashersky, shraeye
cayvie (1): Qvist

Not Voting {7}: Archetype, cayvie, Dsell, Eevee, Jimmmmm, jotheonah, mcmcsalot

Deadline is January 21st, 10:00 PM forum time. [/color]

Okay, wagon analysis time:

Cuzz on Jo: RVS.
Qvist on cayvie: RVS.
4 on Mom Salon: Robz and ashersky for Mom's panic.  Insom for the unvote.  Shraeye for the unvote.

Nope, not really useful at this point.  My vote on Mom Salon is probably the scummiest of the four, even at the third position, given it came right after Robz and was basically a sheep. 

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 10, 2013, 06:06:15 pm »

Mods: Can we get a cayvie prod?  It's been more than 48 hours.  I know she's been absent from the forums, including her own game, but she has logged on since this game started, and hasn't posted.  If she's taking a break or quitting or whatever, I don't hold it against her, but for this game, maybe we'll need a modkill/replacement?

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 10, 2013, 06:06:30 pm »

[Dsell]Modkilled[/Dsell]

What?!?

This was a joke.  PINL.  ;D

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 10, 2013, 06:07:43 pm »

If I remember correctly (and I very well might not), that is what ehunt claimed.  But he lied about it because he wanted it to stay away for a different reason.  I am pretty sure this is right.  If nothing else, I can remember liars.

Nope in the spreadsheet listed in this post. http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?action=post;quote=150911;topic=4412.4025;last_msg=152080 eHunt would have drank all the wine had he recieved it.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 10, 2013, 06:08:48 pm »

well the above it the worst quoting I've ever done.

This was posted in the "Town Wins!" post, but here it is again:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlXaywBh9jOcdGU0QXUzTm5yT1dPQkROSHp4Z2tiLVE#gid=0

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 10, 2013, 06:15:04 pm »

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlXaywBh9jOcdGU0QXUzTm5yT1dPQkROSHp4Z2tiLVE#gid=0

I stand corrected.  But he did claim something different in game, I think?  So hard to remember now.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 10, 2013, 06:20:42 pm »

I stand corrected.  But he did claim something different in game, I think?  So hard to remember now.

Ehunt lied and claimed it would kill him, I believe. Town lies!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 10, 2013, 06:24:18 pm »

Ehunt lied and claimed it would kill him, I believe. Town lies!

I dunno what he said day 1 but day 2 he certainly said he would drink it all.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 10, 2013, 06:32:38 pm »

Mods: Can we get a cayvie prod?  It's been more than 48 hours.  I know she's been absent from the forums, including her own game, but she has logged on since this game started, and hasn't posted.  If she's taking a break or quitting or whatever, I don't hold it against her, but for this game, maybe we'll need a modkill/replacement?

Cayvie DID confirm that she received her PM, and it is my understanding that she has been reached out to regarding another currently ongoing game. If I haven't heard from her here by Friday evening I will attempt to contact her by other means.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 10, 2013, 06:51:09 pm »

yup my reason was pretty much just to stir things up and see what came out.

Conclusions:
Jimmmm is uncomfortable with early L-2 wagon
Verrrry little discussion or analysis of the wagon
mcmcsalot (momsaloon) very calm under L-3 pressure

The last two points actually surprise me a lot.  Normally when wagons like this shoot up, we get somebody like Eevee saying "oh man that was fast" and a bunch of people start talking about it.  I'm trying to figure out if there is something I can take away from this, or if that's just indication that people aren't engaged with this game quite yet.

I do think its because people aren't engaged in this game. There have been other ideas that haven't been commented on as well which is why I believe this. Also why does the last part surprise you, if you believe I'm not mafia why would you expect me to panic at L-3, its early D1 and there has been soo little discussion.

I don't currently have any beliefs about your alignment, I'm still not sure what to make of it.  I wasn't expecting you to panic, but I was expecting you to react in some way.  There's overreacting to suspicion, which often feels scummy. there's indignance, there's self-pity, there's a lot of emotions somebody might show over being voted to L-3 with no apparent reason.  You, however, reacted barely at all, and really were as calm as possible.  It struck me as one of the things I should take away from this wagon.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 10, 2013, 07:16:52 pm »

I don't currently have any beliefs about your alignment, I'm still not sure what to make of it.  I wasn't expecting you to panic, but I was expecting you to react in some way.  There's overreacting to suspicion, which often feels scummy. there's indignance, there's self-pity, there's a lot of emotions somebody might show over being voted to L-3 with no apparent reason.  You, however, reacted barely at all, and really were as calm as possible.  It struck me as one of the things I should take away from this wagon.

Weeks from now when someone asks, what was mcmcsalots town meta again, this will be the post they refer too.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 10, 2013, 07:21:49 pm »

So you're saying you're/you expect to be more reactive/defensive when you're scum?

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 10, 2013, 07:34:15 pm »

So you're saying you're/you expect to be more reactive/defensive when you're scum?

Not really, I don't think you can really announce your own town meta, let alone before completing more than one game. I think I'm a calm player overall regardless of alignment.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 57  All

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 22 queries.