Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Wasteland  (Read 798 times)

flies

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: flies
  • Statistical mechanics of hard rods on a 1D lattice
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
Wasteland
« on: December 05, 2012, 05:34:36 pm »

Wasteland
$6
Worth 2VP for each empty supply pile

I am new to this card creating business, and I wouldn't be surprised if something like this has already been put forward.

Clearly, this is worth the same as province if you end on piles.  I'm not sure what fraction of games deplete one pile + provinces, but in those games Wasteland will be worth 4, like Fairgrounds usually is.  Sometimes it'll be worth 2 and you won't buy it.  There will be rare cases where you can get the last province/colony and empty another pile in one turn, but this is hard to pull off and worth rewarding.

If it's too strong, you could make it worth 2 +1 for each empty supply pile, which would make it strictly better than duchy but would require a strong duchy/other advantage if you're forgoing provinces for Wasteland.  I don't think changing the cost to $7 is feasible.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 05:44:15 pm by flies »
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.
flies Dominionates on youtube

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
Re: Wasteland
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 05:53:15 pm »

This has been suggested before, and I think it's a reasonable card. You could technically get the value up past 6 VP, either by playing with 5 or 6 players or just by emptying more than one pile on your last turn.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.502 seconds with 20 queries.