Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Terrible early-game luck, amazing midgame luck  (Read 597 times)

ycz6

• Minion
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
Terrible early-game luck, amazing midgame luck
« on: December 05, 2012, 04:13:56 am »

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201212/05/game-20121205-010009-a7087fa5.html

ycz6 wins!
All Provinces are gone.

cards in supply: Adventurer, Alchemist, Bishop, Black Market, Bridge, Colony, Courtyard, Embargo, Governor, Moneylender, Platinum, Potion, and Woodcutter
Default card selection was used.  The point tracker will be available.
----------------------

#1 ycz6: 59 points (3 Colonies, 4 Provinces, a Duchy, and 2 Estates); 20 turns
      opening: Black Market / Potion

#2 Toshimo: 56 points (3 Colonies, 4 Provinces, a Duchy, and a Curse); 19 turns
         opening: Black Market / Potion

----------------------

trash: a Potion, a Silver, 5 Estates, a Tunnel, a Quarry, 5 Golds, a Moneylender, 9 Coppers, 2 Curses, and 2 Courtyards

The bad luck: I draw two Potions together with less than $3 at the beginning of three straight shuffles. I have three Potions but only one Alchemist in my deck at the beginning of Turn 15.

The good luck: My Black Market draws, which set up Turn 18, which in context is perhaps the best turn I have ever had. I play 5 Alchemists, Village from the BM deck, Black Market, Tactician from the BM deck which discards Tunnel from the BM deck, and then buy a Colony and return 5 Alchemists to my deck. I also got Mountebank from the BM deck on turn 10, which wasn't too shabby.  8)

In retrospect I have no idea how I missed Embargo vs. Alchemist, but, well, so it goes.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 04:16:30 am by ycz6 »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.219 seconds with 20 queries.