Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 201  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff  (Read 1169181 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff
« Reply #4350 on: July 16, 2014, 11:48:13 am »

Someone please keep a link to this discussion handy, just in case someone 100 posts down the road dares to ask "Is this thread really random stuff?"  We can answer that yes, indeed, it is.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4351 on: July 16, 2014, 12:10:33 pm »
+2

On a different topic:

I have a cold.  Sunday night I started getting congestion in the roof of my mouth and my throat felt kind of closed off.  Couldn't move it no matter what I did.  The trick of gargling salt water, which I have had work before, didn't help.  Monday didn't get much better, and I found an interesting remedy of eating raw garlic.  So I did that Monday night, two cloves.  I don't know if anyone has ever eaten raw garlic, but it's kind of like setting fire to your mouth, mind, and soul. But, wow, it really opened up my throat and drained things.  It didn't actually cure the cold, but it cleared me up for an hour or two and I think expedited the "junk stuck in my sinuses" stage to the "junk anxious to get out of my body" stage, which I suppose is a good thing.

I also learned why garlic is known as a bane to vampires.  I definitely felt like all forms of evil were being purged from my body.

So, anyone willing to suffer to alleviate a different form of suffering, keep that trick in mind.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #4352 on: July 16, 2014, 12:13:42 pm »
+1

I don't know if anyone has ever eaten raw garlic, but it's kind of like setting fire to your mouth, mind, and soul.

That explains a lot about Wario.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
« Reply #4353 on: July 16, 2014, 12:29:50 pm »

You get used to eating raw garlic after a while. It's said to prevent you from getting tics latch on to you. When I was younger I spent a lot of time in tic infested grass. So I ate raw garlic. And I agree. It's not that pleasant. But you definitely get used to it.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #4354 on: July 16, 2014, 02:17:02 pm »

On a different topic:

I have a cold.  Sunday night I started getting congestion in the roof of my mouth and my throat felt kind of closed off.  Couldn't move it no matter what I did.  The trick of gargling salt water, which I have had work before, didn't help.  Monday didn't get much better, and I found an interesting remedy of eating raw garlic.  So I did that Monday night, two cloves.  I don't know if anyone has ever eaten raw garlic, but it's kind of like setting fire to your mouth, mind, and soul. But, wow, it really opened up my throat and drained things.  It didn't actually cure the cold, but it cleared me up for an hour or two and I think expedited the "junk stuck in my sinuses" stage to the "junk anxious to get out of my body" stage, which I suppose is a good thing.
Raw Garlic
Action - Duration
At the start of every turn, choose one: set aside any number of Chapel cards from your hand on the Raw Garlic mat, or put all cards from your mat into your hand.

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1084
    • View Profile
« Reply #4355 on: July 16, 2014, 02:43:47 pm »

And I think I have food poisoning. Fun.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #4356 on: July 16, 2014, 03:48:42 pm »

Just throw up and you'll be fine

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1084
    • View Profile
« Reply #4357 on: July 16, 2014, 03:49:33 pm »

No thanks. I prefer to suffer for a few days if I have a choice.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4358 on: July 16, 2014, 03:59:53 pm »
+1

Not sure why I didn't do this sooner, but I realized I really needed to change my signature.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #4359 on: July 16, 2014, 04:04:23 pm »

Friend of mine has a rather serene way of accepting vomiting. Granted, this is when he gets drunk and not food poisoning, but the concept might be the same. He views drunken vomiting as inevitable. It flows more freely and less painfully if you just let it happen. It was always a little disconcerting how calm he was when throwing up. Then he just continues as if nothing happened. I suspect he channels the ancient Romans who use vomitoriums the way they've never been used.

I find his logic convincing, but I can never just let it go. When I throw up, it gets very violent and tears up my insides.
A man has no signature

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
« Reply #4360 on: July 16, 2014, 04:04:59 pm »

No thanks. I prefer to suffer for a few days if I have a choice.

If you can manage, try to get a prescription for Zofran. Works miracles.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #4361 on: July 16, 2014, 04:10:27 pm »

On a different topic:

I also learned why garlic is known as a bane to vampires.  I definitely felt like all forms of evil were being purged from my body.

So, anyone willing to suffer to alleviate a different form of suffering, keep that trick in mind.
Afrin nasal spray. Worked wonders for me.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #4362 on: July 16, 2014, 04:34:23 pm »
+1

make sure to get into the spirit of gunpowder before reading the thread. you have to understand that you can't judge the cards without getting a grasp of the greater picture. that's why so many people thought bomb was a bad card, they just compared it to island without any context! that's a really narrow minded way to go about it.

Oh my god I totally missed this thread because I glanced at it and determined that it looked like a lame expansion. I'm so glad you posted the link so I could read all the drama. What fun!
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #4363 on: July 16, 2014, 04:39:02 pm »
+1

dude, raw garlic is great!

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4364 on: July 16, 2014, 05:22:48 pm »

On a different topic:

Afrin nasal spray. Worked wonders for me.

That stuff is good, but it has problems.  If you use it too much, or for too long of a time, it can lead to rebound congestion. Basically, if you use it daily for more than a few days, once it wears off you can get extremely congested, even if you're not really sick any more, so you pretty much have to wait around for that to go away while you can't breathe, or just continually use Afrin for about forever. 

So I try to keep the use of that to a minimum.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
« Reply #4365 on: July 16, 2014, 06:09:25 pm »
+1

Maybe Tables is actually bullying Joseph and pressuring him to tell us otherwise?

Joseph upvoting this post confirms my suspicions. Let's all report Tables.

Waa! F.DS is bullying me!

Are you going to come up with a fan expansion to replace Alchemy next?

...I don't get it?

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=11402.0

Whew. Reading that thread was a blast!
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #4366 on: July 16, 2014, 06:14:04 pm »
+1

Maybe Tables is actually bullying Joseph and pressuring him to tell us otherwise?

...I don't get it?

i see what you did there.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #4367 on: July 16, 2014, 06:26:38 pm »

...I don't get it?

It was clear that the discussion was going to blow out of proportion at any time.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4368 on: July 16, 2014, 06:27:23 pm »
+1

...I don't get it?

It was clear that the discussion was going to blow out of proportion at any time.

Bomb sucks.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #4369 on: July 16, 2014, 06:31:08 pm »

...I don't get it?

Bomb sucks.
I wasn`t interested in that thread when it was just about a fan expansion. I check back on it 4 pages later and "WHAAAA! How did this happen!?".

If there was ever an appropriate time for the "well, that escalated quickly" meme, it was for that thread.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #4370 on: July 16, 2014, 06:32:28 pm »

...I don't get it?

Bomb sucks.

As I said. Tempers blazing left and right.

(You should have waited a bit for the chance to say "Bomb blows")
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 06:33:52 pm by pacovf »
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4371 on: July 16, 2014, 06:50:26 pm »

I wasn`t interested in that thread when it was just about a fan expansion. I check back on it 4 pages later and "WHAAAA! How did this happen!?".

If there was ever an appropriate time for the "well, that escalated quickly" meme, it was for that thread.

I had already added one before I saw this.  Too bad I wasn't reading the thread as it was going.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4372 on: July 17, 2014, 04:43:47 am »

The new Thor will be a woman.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
« Reply #4373 on: July 17, 2014, 05:23:57 am »
+1

I just made the splash and bought a Wii U. I'm getting it with 3 games - Mario Kart 8, Pikmin 3 and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze - all critically acclaimed games, and I only actually need to buy two of them (MK8 has a deal for a free game, which I've chosen Pikmin 3). I'm looking forward to getting it. Anyone here got a Wii U, and any games you'd recommend? I'm thinking of buying New Super Mario Bros. U and Super Mario 3D Land, primarily. I've also considered Wind Waker HD, but since I own Wind Waker I'm less convinced it's worthwhile.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 05:26:48 am by Tables »
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4374 on: July 17, 2014, 05:30:19 am »

I'll be getting a Wii U when the new Smash Bros arrives. Mainly I want it for that and Bayonetta 2.
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 201  All

Page created in 0.93 seconds with 20 queries.