Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 201  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff  (Read 1170531 times)

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff
« Reply #4075 on: July 01, 2014, 10:02:06 pm »

I have a major weakness for food other people think looks disgusting.

Relevant: http://m.today.com/food/we-tried-doritos-loaded-its-drunk-food-our-dreams-1D79873867

Well, I didn't need to keep dinner in anyway.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: July 01, 2014, 10:07:37 pm »
+1

Relevant: http://m.today.com/food/we-tried-doritos-loaded-its-drunk-food-our-dreams-1D79873867

I'm going to take this to mean you're taking your whole family out to 7-11 for dinner tomorrow!  ;D
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: July 01, 2014, 10:33:29 pm »

I'm going to take this to mean you're taking your whole family out to 7-11 for dinner tomorrow!  ;D

7-11 food in Japan is serious business.  It's one of the best lunch spots in the land.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: July 01, 2014, 10:41:01 pm »

For the last year or so, whenever I order pizza I usually order a custom pizza from Panago.  I get mostly the same thing (varying the sauce and sometimes various meats) but the most important thing is that I get feta cheese instead of the usual (mozzarella, I think).  Feta cheese on pizza looks disgusting, but it tastes SO good.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: July 01, 2014, 11:12:45 pm »

For the last year or so, whenever I order pizza I usually order a custom pizza from Panago.  I get mostly the same thing (varying the sauce and sometimes various meats) but the most important thing is that I get feta cheese instead of the usual (mozzarella, I think).  Feta cheese on pizza looks disgusting, but it tastes SO good.

Yes, alternative cheeses are great on pizza, but I have to disagree with you a bit.  You need the base of mozzarella cheese, and then goat cheese as well.  I am not a huge fan of feta, but goat cheese makes anything better.  (Especially the quesadillas that make.  I use a base of either monterey jack or colby-jack cheese, add portobello mushrooms, chicken, and some goat cheese.  Peppers and onions are added by request even though I don't personally like them)
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7868
    • View Profile
« Reply #4080 on: July 01, 2014, 11:14:10 pm »
+1

f.ds pizza party.  Make it so.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
« Reply #4081 on: July 01, 2014, 11:25:47 pm »

Nom nom nom now I just want pizza and quesadillas with delicious fancy cheeses. I am having homemade pizza at a dinner party tomorrow, so perhaps the carbivore in me can wait.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4082 on: July 01, 2014, 11:33:50 pm »

Yes, alternative cheeses are great on pizza, but I have to disagree with you a bit.  You need the base of mozzarella cheese, and then goat cheese as well.  I am not a huge fan of feta, but goat cheese makes anything better.  (Especially the quesadillas that make.  I use a base of either monterey jack or colby-jack cheese, add portobello mushrooms, chicken, and some goat cheese.  Peppers and onions are added by request even though I don't personally like them)

I really love feta, but I could maybe try that once.  Goat cheese is an option at Panago.

For the record, my complete custom pizza order is:

- feta cheese
- whatever sauce I'm in the mood for (usually 1 of: jalapeno white; chipotle cilantro; cheezy cheddar; sweet+smoky tropical)
- extra mushrooms
- tomatoes
- roasted garlic
- grilled chicken (cajun chicken if available)
- canadian ham
- potentially other meats (often spicy italian sausage)

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #4083 on: July 01, 2014, 11:52:40 pm »
+3

Feta cheese on pizza looks disgusting, but it tastes SO good disgusting.

FTFY.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

ashersky

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #4084 on: July 02, 2014, 12:04:05 am »

I really love feta, but I could maybe try that once.  Goat cheese is an option at Panago.

- feta cheese
- whatever sauce I'm in the mood for (usually 1 of: jalapeno white; chipotle cilantro; cheezy cheddar; sweet+smoky tropical)
- extra mushrooms
- tomatoes
- roasted garlic
- canadian ham

I'm not convinced this is your "complete" pizza order.

You list "extra mushrooms" as a topping, but never list "mushrooms."  How can you get extra if you don't have it to begin with?

+9001 for roasted garlic, though.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4085 on: July 02, 2014, 12:42:54 am »

- feta cheese
- extra mushrooms
- tomatoes
- roasted garlic
- canadian ham

I'm not convinced this is your "complete" pizza order.

You list "extra mushrooms" as a topping, but never list "mushrooms."  How can you get extra if you don't have it to begin with?

+9001 for roasted garlic, though.

extra mushrooms implies base mushrooms!

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
« Reply #4086 on: July 02, 2014, 02:48:48 am »

Book 2 was great because Toph (and, OK, also Azula) and Book 3 just gets increasingly more epic as you approach the end.

I think Book 2 is my favorite. It has Tales of Ba Sing Se and Appa's Lost days. Two episodes that I don't like that much. Aside from that it has Toph, Azula, interesting (although pretty slow) development of Zuko, less explaining than Book 1 (I don't think the exposition episodes in Book 1 are that enjoyable to rewatch), and more Iroh than Book 3.

Book 3 suffers from a bit too much hardships for the characters (in my opinion) and the story progressing at a very slow pace. But aside from those two points, it's a stellar season and it's still very much enjoyable.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4087 on: July 02, 2014, 03:30:17 am »

Book 2 was great because Toph (and, OK, also Azula) and Book 3 just gets increasingly more epic as you approach the end.

I think Book 2 is my favorite. It has Tales of Ba Sing Se and Appa's Lost days. Two episodes that I don't like that much. Aside from that it has Toph, Azula, interesting (although pretty slow) development of Zuko, less explaining than Book 1 (I don't think the exposition episodes in Book 1 are that enjoyable to rewatch), and more Iroh than Book 3.

Book 3 suffers from a bit too much hardships for the characters (in my opinion) and the story progressing at a very slow pace. But aside from those two points, it's a stellar season and it's still very much enjoyable.

Wait, are you just rewatching everything?

Book 3 has some of my favourite episodes.  The 4 finale episodes are spectacular, of course, but there are also the various Zuko field trips.  I also really like The Puppetmaster and the episode with the Roku backstory.  Oh, and the space sword!

First book of Korra was decent but the end was really abrupt.

Second book got kind of crazy at the end.  Not necessarily in a bad way, but in a weird way.  Backstory for Wan was probably the best thing in that book.  The primary two things that felt weird to me were spirit world info doesn't feel the same as it did in ATLA, though the info in ATLA was so sparse that I can't say that there are actual contradictions.  It just wasn't what I'd been expecting; and waterbending's ability to calm spirits seems to come out of nowhere... why is waterbending so special now, when airbenders have always been called the most spiritual of the four nations?

But the third book feels best so far because the gang is travelling to new (and old!) locations, giving us that grander sense of exploration (note: this is barely a spoiler).

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #4088 on: July 02, 2014, 06:57:03 am »
+1

I have a slice of cake in my profile!
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
« Reply #4089 on: July 02, 2014, 07:43:16 am »

Wait, are you just rewatching everything?

Yup. :)

Book 3 has some of my favourite episodes.  The 4 finale episodes are spectacular, of course, but there are also the various Zuko field trips.  I also really like The Puppetmaster and the episode with the Roku backstory.  Oh, and the space sword!

Don't forget Ember Island Players. Probably my favorite episode of the whole series.
[/quote]

First book of Korra was decent but the end was really abrupt.

I feel like all the plot lines are really rushed through. There's not much time to stop and think about pretty much anything. To me it feels like they had to cut down on side stuff in order to keep the whole main plot. But I guess it's not that easy with that much shorter season.

Second book got kind of crazy at the end.  Not necessarily in a bad way, but in a weird way.  Backstory for Wan was probably the best thing in that book.  The primary two things that felt weird to me were spirit world info doesn't feel the same as it did in ATLA, though the info in ATLA was so sparse that I can't say that there are actual contradictions.  It just wasn't what I'd been expecting; and waterbending's ability to calm spirits seems to come out of nowhere... why is waterbending so special now, when airbenders have always been called the most spiritual of the four nations?

While some parts of AtLA felt overly expositioned, I feel like Book 2 of Korra was not explained enough. I didn't really like the whole Bolin becomes a movie star plot line, I think the rest of the book was very entertaining.

But the third book feels best so far because the gang is travelling to new (and old!) locations, giving us that grander sense of exploration (note: this is barely a spoiler).

Haven't seen anything of this yet, so I can't comment on it.

There are two things that I think AtLA did much better than Korra have done so far. The first is that AtLA had this epic story that started in the into of the first episode and ended in the end of the last. It felt like a single series. Not three separate seasons. Korra has a very definitive season 1 and season 2.

The second thing is that the characters in Korra aren't as appealing to me as the ones in AtLA. Mako and Bolin are nowhere as interesting as Katara and Sokka. There is absolutely no substitute for Toph, and the villains in Book 1 and 2 of Korra is nowhere on the level of Zuko/Azula/Ozai.

@Awaclus: Happy Birthday?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #4090 on: July 02, 2014, 07:51:27 am »

@Awaclus: Happy Birthday?
Thanks!
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

AHoppy

• Jester
  • Respect: +529
    • View Profile
« Reply #4091 on: July 02, 2014, 08:25:55 am »

I just watched ATLA and korra for the first time in the last month and I agree with pretty much everything lekkit is saying. Korra does feel super rushed. I didn't really like book 2 of korra except for the first avatar back story.  And I really liked book 1 of korra, even if I didn't like the characters as much because it brought up really good bender/non-bender conflicts I hadn't really thought of before. I think they should have run with that more in book 2,they just kinda dropped it like oh Aman was a bender so that makes everything he said wrong so I'm ok with my neighbor being able to oppress me with superpowers. The fact that he was defeated doesn't make his ideas disappear or his followers...

Regarding differences in spirit world, in AtLA, the spirit world and the physical ran side by side. Aang left his body and tried to interact with kotara and people but he couldn't. Certainly different from book 2 of korra

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #4092 on: July 02, 2014, 09:50:50 am »
+2

Happy birthday, and also, wow, my forum does this?  Cool!

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #4093 on: July 02, 2014, 10:24:14 am »
+4

theory didn't know this happened?  Are the forums becoming sentient?

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #4094 on: July 02, 2014, 11:20:43 am »

theory didn't know this happened?  Are the forums becoming sentient?

Soon it'll be Skynet.

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #4095 on: July 02, 2014, 03:18:10 pm »
+1

[double checks to make sure birthday is not listed in profile]

[feels a little bad profile lists so little information]

[changes gender from blank to male]

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
« Reply #4096 on: July 02, 2014, 05:52:57 pm »

My dad and I were discussing things today, about the Olympics, and he suggested I should check the page for the athletes Tuvalu sent. So I have to wonder, Ozle, are you secretly my dad? Am I secretly half Tuvaluan?
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3839
    • View Profile
« Reply #4097 on: July 02, 2014, 06:59:29 pm »
+5

My dad and I were discussing things today, about the Olympics, and he suggested I should check the page for the athletes Tuvalu sent. So I have to wonder, Ozle, are you secretly my dad? Am I secretly half Tuvaluan?

No, Tables... I am your father!
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1084
    • View Profile
« Reply #4098 on: July 02, 2014, 10:12:01 pm »

Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

ashersky

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #4099 on: July 03, 2014, 01:33:41 am »
+8

No, Tables... I am your father!

Are you a tree?

Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 201  All

Page created in 2.542 seconds with 20 queries.