Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Count/Rebuild  (Read 694 times)

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4443
    • View Profile
Count/Rebuild
« on: November 24, 2012, 08:58:41 pm »

Played a Count/Rebuild game today where the strategy was very successful. I didn't buy anything for more than $5 all game; just Counts, Rebuilds, and Duchies, gaining more Duchies with the Counts, and used the Rebuilds to convert them to Provinces. Opponents were using Mercenaries, but this strategy is very robust against handsize attacks since you just need one card to gain a Duchy and one card to gain a Province. I opened Scavenger/Silver, and picked up another Scavenger later; these helped me cycle fast back to my payload actions, choosing Count or Rebuild to top-deck depending on how many Duchies I had in my deck at the time. Often found myself taking advantage of Count's built-in resolution for clashing terminals when I drew them together with Scavengers. All in all, I'm pretty pleased with how smoothly this deck operated.

Should the Count/Rebuild combo get a strategy article?

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
Re: Count/Rebuild
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 09:41:42 pm »

Rebuilds are good in kingdoms with attacks generally so I'd want to see it in kingdom without attacks. Two scavengers and two rebuilds might also make a good deck even without the count.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.