Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Sentinels of the Multiverse!!!! POW!  (Read 10723 times)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
  • Respect: +1097
    • View Profile
Re: Sentinels of the Multiverse!!!! POW!
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2014, 07:22:58 pm »

One thing I don't like is that shipping is like $11 just across the state. I am ordering multiples for people in my area so that our shipping is lower per person. But you know, even if it was $11, that's actually a good deal because GtG unlocked some good content to ship with the preorder. You get a hero, villain, and environment mini-expansion. These normally go for $4 or $5.

That's why I haven't pre-ordered yet - that, and my distaste for first editions of Kickstarter things, and G>G first edition things in general. They're going to change for the better down the line. I bought a base copy of Sentinels two months ago, and cards have been changed already! And I can't have them.

Which may not make it worth it to pay $11 for 3 promo decks, saving about $4, if things will change down the line and I'll be sad.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
  • Respect: +1980
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2014, 10:19:13 am »
+1

Gonna crosspost this:

I made some update sheets with all of the Heroes, Villains and Environments from Shattered Timelines and Vengeance (except for the Vengeful Five, I just lost steam when it came time to put them in, I might do it later this weekend. They might deserve their own spreadsheet.)

Heroes
Villains
Environments

Everything should be working fine but I might have accidentally copied over a formula here or there so pay attention when you mod. Some notes for other mods (just Theorel at this point I think but maybe someone else cares):

-With Spite you have to keep track of which Victims are under the Safehouse. I didn't set aside a separate area for that but you can just do it at the bottom of the Villain cards area I would think.
-More troublesome is La Capitan. You have to keep track of which Hero cards are under her, and I can't think of an easy way to do that with how the sheets are set up. You could do it on each Hero's sheet but then it's hard to keep track of how many there are. Maybe she's just not viable with our setup, which would be sad because I love her flavor.
-The page I made for The Ennead is super clunky, it was one of the last ones I did and I ran out of steam. Theorel can hopefully figure out a better way of setting the sheet up.
-One of the cards in the Freedom Tower Environment (Ironclad Maintenance Bay) cares about which card is on the top of each trash, which means in games with that Environment you have to keep track of the order cards go into the trash, which might be more trouble than it's worth.

As for the next game, I was hoping to play in it, but I can play and mod if people need me too. I assume there's still interest in making it happen.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2014, 01:13:56 pm »

Awesomely done. As the contributor of Iron Legacy to this spreadsheet, I can appreciate the fatigue in typing all this in, so the fact that you've type in multitudes more is really impressive. Good job.
A man has no signature

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2014, 03:42:18 pm »

Played Sentinel Tactics twice yesterday.  Line of Sight was somewhat unintuitive at first (the rulebook could be better), but people started really getting into it after playing it a bit.  Thoughts:

* Are you supposed to have the same hero team across each of the three parts of the scenario?
* For shorter gaming sessions, is there any way that we could have other "win/lose" scenarios like Baron Blade 1?  We couldn't really play Baron Blade 2 without playing 3, and we wanted something shorter to introduce people to the game.
* Is there a complexity table of the heroes like there are in SotM?

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1887
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2014, 07:08:06 pm »

Played Sentinel Tactics twice yesterday.  Line of Sight was somewhat unintuitive at first (the rulebook could be better), but people started really getting into it after playing it a bit.  Thoughts:

* Are you supposed to have the same hero team across each of the three parts of the scenario?
* For shorter gaming sessions, is there any way that we could have other "win/lose" scenarios like Baron Blade 1?  We couldn't really play Baron Blade 2 without playing 3, and we wanted something shorter to introduce people to the game.
* Is there a complexity table of the heroes like there are in SotM?

You can have the same hero team but it's by no means required.

Some of the scenarios have cleaner win/loss results, if you leaf through them.

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2014, 09:13:30 pm »

Are they too complex for people learning the game?  If I'm with newbies, should I just keep playing Baron Blade 1 over and over again? I worry that it is also a slightly unusual scenario (insofar as the villain never really wants to waste time attacking the heroes) so it might make the experience a little strange for them.

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2014, 12:58:22 pm »

Additional questions: on page 8 of the rulebook, explaining line of sight: http://sentineltactics.com/system/files/downloads/Sentinel%20Tactics%20Rulebook.pdf

Shouldn't there be red lines between Bunker + Wraith and Wraith + Ra?  This confused us briefly until we realized that it probably didn't mean to be comprehensive.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1887
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2014, 04:29:41 pm »

Additional questions: on page 8 of the rulebook, explaining line of sight: http://sentineltactics.com/system/files/downloads/Sentinel%20Tactics%20Rulebook.pdf

Shouldn't there be red lines between Bunker + Wraith and Wraith + Ra?  This confused us briefly until we realized that it probably didn't mean to be comprehensive.

I think in this example they weren't explicit about the line of sight between allies. If I remember correctly (I'm on my phone currently) they do have sight to each other.

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2014, 11:27:51 am »

Are the scenarios available online anywhere?

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2016, 04:34:37 pm »
+2

The card game is wrapping up with a universe-shattering conclusion:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gtgames/sentinels-of-the-multiverse-oblivaeon

I know a lot of fans are bummed about this, but I'm happy they're going out with a bang. It's better than limping along and releasing weak supplements.
A man has no signature

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
  • Respect: +1097
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2016, 11:33:46 pm »
+1

The multiverse really is ending. The worlds in which I love this game but never have time to play it, in which I hate this fiddly mathercise with a passion, and the world in which I buy it anyway all just collapsed into one.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.736 seconds with 21 queries.