Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: All of Dark Ages now on Goko  (Read 11230 times)

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
All of Dark Ages now on Goko
« on: November 20, 2012, 11:45:25 am »
+2

For anyone interested, there it is.  It costs a little more than the other large expansions, though admittedly DA is a huge expansion.

Sadly, I still can't get games to start in Chrome.  Guess I'll have to stick with Androminion regardless.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 11:48:20 am by jsh357 »
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
Re: All of Dark Ages now on Goko
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 12:00:14 pm »

With no private beta? Interesting.

Also 110 Gokoins, I had expected 110. Not a huge difference, but, it actually makes it a little worse value for money (35 cards for 110 is about 3.14GK per card, compared to 70 for 25 (26) which is 2.8 (2.69)GK per card. I guess they could defend this easily by saying, well, there's lots of other cards (the gain only piles, 10 Knights, Ruins, Shelters).

So, next is Cornucopia, right?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 12:05:16 pm by Tables »
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1263
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 12:02:53 pm »

Does anyone want to put their rep on the line and say I should give it another shot?
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 12:05:32 pm »
+2

Does anyone want to put their rep on the line and say I should give it another shot?

Lol, no. Well, probably not yet, not unless you want to pay a lot. Things are improving, but they aren't quite up to the standard I'd like yet.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 12:06:32 pm »

I just play Androminion now when I want my quick fix of DA. I just wish it had multi-player. :-/
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 12:08:38 pm »

Lol, no. Well, probably not yet, not unless you want to pay a lot. Things are improving, but they aren't quite up to the standard I'd like yet.

What has improved?  I heard that more cards got buttons to avoid dragging.  Chrome is back to not crashing?

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 12:09:27 pm »

??? I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Regardless, I plan to buy all of Dark Ages now that it's finally out. Other than the Chrome crashes (which are much less common than they were just after that one patch), Goko's pretty good these days. The game even runs smooth as silk on my laptop, which is a huge improvement. I hope it's not just due to decreased traffic.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 12:09:31 pm »

What has improved?  I heard that more cards got buttons to avoid dragging.  Chrome is back to not crashing?

Chrome's still crashing for me. 
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 12:09:49 pm »
+1

I just play Androminion now when I want my quick fix of DA. I just wish it had multi-player. :-/

Is there some way I can run android apps outside a legit android device?

Insomniac

• Jester
  • Respect: +392
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 12:10:15 pm »

Not sure anything really improved I don't have any chrome issues but I never had the crash. Also Knights need to be fixed ASAP.

(On your turn you can't read what they do because there isn't another replica to click on)
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 12:11:00 pm »

I don't know any, if you want to give goko a test send me a pm I have the sets so we can have a game. I'm not putting my rep on the line though.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 12:13:08 pm »

http://www.extremetech.com/mobile/83812-run-android-apps-on-your-windows-pc-2

You may have to do some digging to find the Androminion with DA on it, but it's not hard.  I don't want to share it on here.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2012, 12:28:16 pm »

Incidentally, this is the first time I have ever been sent to a different lobby in Goko.  Apparently each one can only hold 50 users.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2012, 01:41:23 pm »

Do they have any reasonable matchmaking yet? Like, I want to sign on and then push a button or two and get matched with a pro game, all the sets I have, hopefully with an opponent ranked as close to me as is reasonable.

Last I was on there, I had to make a game in a lobby and stare at the screen until someone joined.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2012, 01:43:06 pm »

That is still how it is now  :/

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2012, 03:15:33 pm »

Well, I've only had time to play a few games so far, but I'm happy! It's really good to finally have all of Dark Ages available to play online. Other than the titular Procession and Band of Misfits, the Parade of Misfits set is a bit lacking in exciting, standout cards. Vandals and Vermin was a significant step up with both of the expansion's Reaction cards (Beggar and Market Square), Feodum, and especially Rats. However, I didn't get to play it much before the private beta closed. Knights and Knaves really has the highest saturation of cool cards. Knights, Squire, Counterfeit, Poor House, both cards that gain from the trash (Rogue and Graverobber), and both cards that turn into other cards (Hermit and Urchin). I finally had my first game where I made a winning Poor House deck! (King's Court helps a lot.)

So thanks, Goko, for finally releasing all of Dark Ages.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 04:32:41 pm by LastFootnote »

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2012, 03:29:43 pm »
+2

What *I* want is a bias mechanism to tell the randomizer to select cards from a specific expansion, or to include a specific card and randomize everything else.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2012, 03:37:35 pm »

Well, I've only had time to play a few games so far, but I'm happy! It's really good to finally have all of Dark Ages available to play online. Other than the titular Procession and Band of Misfits, the Parade of Misfits set is a bit lacking in exciting, standout cards. Vandals and Vermin was a significant step up with both of theReaction cards (Beggar and Market Square), Feodum, and especially Rats. However, I didn't get to play it much before the private beta closed. Knights and Knaves really has the highest saturation of cool cards. Knights, Squire, Counterfeit, Poor House, both cards that gain from the trash (Rogue and Graverobber), and both cards that turn into other cards (Hermit and Urchin). I finally had my first game where I made a winning Poor House deck! (King's Court helps a lot.)

So thanks, Goko, for finally releasing all of Dark Ages.

I agree. The coolest cards are in this set. I think Donald X. made it that way since it had one less card than the rest. Anyway, I enjoy Counterfit so far. Hermit is amazing, and wow is it great against junk attacks, perhaps the second best trasher behind Chapel. Also, Mercenary is like a fixed Followers, except unlike Followers, you only want one Mercenary in your deck. It is strong, but man, it eats your deck fast. Haven't had a chance to play with Poor House and the one board that had Squire on it, I really wasn't interested in buying it.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25712
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2012, 03:43:54 pm »

Chrome is back to not crashing?
I am not sure what the latest version has, but I was told they had significantly *reduced* the problem by changing how they dealt with images, and that ultimately there was a problem in Chrome that had to be fixed. Whether or not they're right about that, they were working with Google on it. Google continues to intend to have Dominion in hang-outs.

Brando Commando

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +112
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2012, 03:44:33 pm »

What *I* want is a bias mechanism to tell the randomizer to select cards from a specific expansion, or to include a specific card and randomize everything else.

Are you nuts? Do you know how much time and how many people it would take to program that?

Oh, wait...

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2012, 03:47:04 pm »

Incidentally, this is the first time I have ever been sent to a different lobby in Goko.  Apparently each one can only hold 50 users.
This was how they dealt with the problem of not being able to handle server load back in August. I don't think they intend to keep it like this, but it is not a top priority.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2012, 03:51:55 pm »

Chrome is back to not crashing?
I am not sure what the latest version has, but I was told they had significantly *reduced* the problem by changing how they dealt with images, and that ultimately there was a problem in Chrome that had to be fixed. Whether or not they're right about that, they were working with Google on it. Google continues to intend to have Dominion in hang-outs.

Some things still crash it I got my first chrome crash today on playing mystic and hitting show all cards so i could name abandoned mine (which I knew to be on top) it then crashed because it couldn't find the resource adventurer.jpg

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2012, 03:54:28 pm »

I agree. The coolest cards are in this set. I think Donald X. made it that way since it had one less card than the rest.
Yes, I was trying not to make a dud set or have a significant disparity, but I wanted this set to be a little more exciting because it's smaller. And it has the two cards that turn into other cards and the Knights to make it seem a little less small.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2012, 03:59:59 pm »

Some things still crash it I got my first chrome crash today on playing mystic and hitting show all cards so i could name abandoned mine (which I knew to be on top) it then crashed because it couldn't find the resource adventurer.jpg
This sounds like a bug with their fix (which was to pre-load images).

brokoli

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2012, 04:58:35 pm »

I finally had my first game where I made a winning Poor House deck! (King's Court helps a lot.)

That's pretty common, PH is insanely powerful ! (and fun)  :D
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.947 seconds with 20 queries.